Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Who is to blame for the "the X-Men are about survival and militarism" rut the books have been in? I'm mad because I really thought Hickman was getting away from this. But we're seemingly doing Utopia but with flowers and with Jean and Emma as sister-wives.

Cyclops and Storm's dialogue has killed my hype.

Maybe the other books will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Who is to blame for the "the X-Men are about survival and militarism" rut the books have been in? I'm mad because I really thought Hickman was getting away from this. But we're seemingly doing Utopia but with flowers and with Jean and Emma as sister-wives.

the flowers are amazing, you should smell the flowers, would you like this drink? we made it from the flowers? you will feel so much better after you smell the flowers!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I don't mind the dialogue. If anything, Scott and Ororo are the two people best fit for this type of "exposition speak."

And also, isn't this the exact type of dialogue that fans wanted because this is how Clairemont wrote? If you look back at his work from the '70s and '80s, it took an hour just to read one issue.

It may not be exactly relatable and realistic, but it's the type of intellectual dialogue fans wanted. I mean, I'm hoping it's better than Bendis-speak.

But then again, I'm also a highly optimistic and find joy in many things. So it may just be me.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The dramatics in this thread are so overdone, my god *yawn*

"X-men are over!"

calm down, the preview looks lovely, I actually like the art more than I thought would.

and ...wow my baby Vulcan is back.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 10-10-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I don't mind the dialogue. If anything, Scott and Ororo are the two people best fit for this type of "exposition speak."

And also, isn't this the exact type of dialogue that fans wanted because this is how Clairemont wrote? If you look back at his work from the '70s and '80s, it took an hour just to read one issue.

It may not be exactly relatable and realistic, but it's the type of intellectual dialogue fans wanted. I mean, I'm hoping it's better than Bendis-speak.

But then again, I'm also a highly optimistic and find joy in many things. So it may just be me.
    I love that we get to see the mutants happy again. I like the scenes of them on the island and they can spend time with the children, or even just do hobbies. We'll find out that Logan is in his house and he has taken up model building or maybe he decides Scott needs a new sweater so he decides his hobby will be knitting!

I like that we will get glimpses of what the world would be like if members of the X-Men can actually be happy sometimes and feel safe and secure and unthreatened.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    the flowers are amazing, you should smell the flowers, would you like this drink? we made it from the flowers? you will feel so much better after you smell the flowers!

So small reminder that some of these ideas are borrowed a little. Hickman might have pulled a little from the Matrix

The Zion council has 12 members, Also Captain Commander, and Captains. Cyclops calling Magneto or Xavier sir isn't that weird when you understand that basically he has the Commander Lock role from the Matrix. Of course, it is purely coincidental that a small group of people are trying to survive being killed by robotic sentinels.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cyclops' brothers have better codenames than him.

Hickman's Storm is better good.

Thank God this is next week. I'm not sure I could've lasted more than a week w/o X.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    ORCHIS is partly made up of literal Nazis but sure go off on the mutant supremacists.
    I mean, it's kind of disgusting seeing people make villains of the x-men for trying to idk...survive and save their brothers and sisters.

The dialogue stands and it is just. *hmph*
    I'm over the pro-human folk tbvh!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Well Krakoa was obviously "Utopia+" from the get-go, if anything even more "dark"

This is still way better than the recent times of Inhuman promotion, Terrigen Mists killing mutants, and notable mutants being gone. Or Avengers attacking mutants and making mutant seem villainous.

Also... this is THE BEGINNING of a long ongoing plot... it's MEANT to feel "militant" at this point. Clearly all is not well with this status quo and it will CHANGE. Come on people... open your minds slightly
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So small reminder that some of these ideas are borrowed a little. Hickman might have pulled a little from the Matrix

The Zion council has 12 members, Also Captain Commander, and Captains. Cyclops calling Magneto or Xavier sir isn't that weird when you understand that basically he has the Commander Lock role from the Matrix. Of course, it is purely coincidental that a small group of people are trying to survive being killed by robotic sentinels.
    oh wow, just a little of taking from other works of art.

I noticed something funny about the first council meeting, Emma was the only one who actually came prepared with her agenda and notes on the economy. She was just ready to get up and start talking about trade and GDP and then she found out that the first meeting was going to be a legal discussion about the core laws. I think she was actually sad, I bet she had charts!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    The dramatics in this thread are so overdone, my god *yawn*

"X-men are over!"

calm down, the preview looks lovely, I actually like the art more than I thought would.

and ...wow my baby Vulcan is back.
    No writer except Tom Taylor or maybe the rattling bones of Claremont can make this forum happy, so the drama is very expected, particularly coming from certain segments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I think the council of 12 thing comes from the New Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    No writer except Tom Taylor or maybe the rattling bones of Claremont can make this forum happy, so the drama is very expected, particularly coming from certain segments.
    I love the Dawn of X, I already subscribed to all the books.

I can't wait to see how the characters all interact with each other when they are at home on Krakoa. I want to find out more about the different parts of the island and the portal network. There are so many interesting things about this direction, I love the merger with science fiction and all of the biological technology they are going to create from their research on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well Krakoa was obviously "Utopia+" from the get-go, if anything even more "dark"

This is still way better than the recent times of Inhuman promotion, Terrigen Mists killing mutants, and notable mutants being gone. Or Avengers attacking mutants and making mutant seem villainous.

Also... this is THE BEGINNING of a long ongoing plot... it's MEANT to feel "militant" at this point. Clearly all is not well with this status quo and it will CHANGE. Come on people... open your minds slightly
    Krakoa is less and more Militant Utopia. Utopia pretty much everyone was a suppose to be a fighter , Krakoa, on the other hand, has people handle the protection so that most mutants can live in peace. Krakoa itself isn't really dark it is militaristic to protect its innocents. The things people do protect Krakoa, on the other hand, might be dark. The difference between Krakoa and Utopia is tomorrow Cyclops could decide to be a farmer and raise a family on Krakoa. Krakoa is the safest the X-men have been in years