Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Looks good! The art is better than I expected. I liked the dialogue between her and Cyclops. I am loving the more militant and "over it" position they are coming from. Like they've really had it. It's about damn time. I feel like they have been in a vicious circle for so long that while they are choosing not to kill the humans who keep trying to kill them peaceful coexistence is no longer the driving philosophy behind their mission/efforts to survive.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Definitely love the direction that Hickman is taking the X-Men and that so many different mutants will contribute to this heroic epic.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Definitely love the direction that Hickman is taking the X-Men and that so many different mutants will contribute to this heroic epic.
    I love the opportunity to tell some interesting and different stories. With the X-Men responsible for defending the nation of Krakoa as the military defence force of Krakoa it should be really interesting how they show that in the books. I would love to see a moment where there is some kind of world wide disaster and one of their treaty countries can say "Hey X-Men, would you mind coming helping us with this hurricane disaster or this earthquake". It doesn't always just have to be about fighting villains or racist/terrorist organizations, you could tell some wonderful and hopeful stories where the X-Men go on emergency aid missions around they world to help people as representatives of the nation of Krakoa.

Like say an alien attack on New York (doesn't this happen every day), and the X-Men offer emergency aid assistance to the United States in their time of need.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love the opportunity to tell some interesting and different stories. With the X-Men responsible for defending the nation of Krakoa as the military defence force of Krakoa it should be really interesting how they show that in the books. I would love to see a moment where there is some kind of world wide disaster and one of their treaty countries can say "Hey X-Men, would you mind coming helping us with this hurricane disaster or this earthquake". It doesn't always just have to be about fighting villains or racist/terrorist organizations, you could tell some wonderful and hopeful stories where the X-Men go on emergency aid missions around they world to help people as representatives of the nation of Krakoa.

Like say an alien attack on New York (doesn't this happen every day), and the X-Men offer emergency aid assistance to the United States in their time of need.
    Or more fairy tale stories...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Or more fairy tale stories...

Lol. Hickman doesn't seem like the fairy story telling type but if he does do a homage tale like that bet he inserts lots of charts in it to explain all the denizens, their powers, class and realms.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Lol. Hickman doesn't seem like the fairy story telling type but if he does do a homage tale like that bet he inserts lots of charts in it to explain all the denizens, their powers, class and realms.
    Hopefully another writer that will eventually take over does then. lol

I personally loved the preview, I stand with the X-men. #Imwiththem
    I havent been on the board long but I've been a long time lurker and people have been complaining about the X-men's status quo for a long time. This new status quo is a good thing IMO. The stories about mutants hiding in a school in fear of oppression have grown stale.
    Last edited by CrystaliaArmadia; 10-12-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    I havent been on the board long but I've been a long time lurker and people have been complaining about the X-men's status quo for a long time. This new status quo is a good thing IMO. The stories about mutants hiding in a school in fear of oppression have grown stale.
    Except they were never doing that in the first place. In fact, whether they were in Westchester, San Fransisco or New York City, the X-Men were always out and part of the world around them interacting with it. If anything, this is a step in the opposite direction in which they're shutting themselves off from the world and keeping to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Except they were never doing that in the first place. In fact, whether they were in Westchester, San Fransisco or New York City, the X-Men were always out and part of the world around them interacting with it. If anything, this is a step in the opposite direction in which they're shutting themselves off from the world and keeping to themselves.
    I guess getting beat up and Attacked is interacting lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Agreed. Building a nation with global trade is a giant leap from the school scenario. Takes their interactions with the world to a whole new level.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. Building a nation with global trade is a giant leap from the school scenario. Takes their interactions with the world to a whole new level.
    I like that there is so much they can do with this status quo. I guess it injects a lot of politics into the stories. You could have a story where Emma has to go on an ambassadorial mission to Russia in the hopes of negotiations on a treaty and the danger of whether the Russians will respect her as an ambassador or try to capture her instead. It's not just stories about being heroes, they are a team of heroes like the Avengers, they are Krakoa's Avengers, but they are also other things, they are representatives of an independent nation, they are soldiers who defend and protect an independent nation and it's citizens. There may be entire stories that take place in the setting of Krakoa and don't even need to leave the island, what does the Krakoan police force look like.

I am so excited for all of this, I really want to see how they deal with the trials and tribulations of being a nation, how do they deal with internal and external threats to their nation and people.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t quite blame the Avengers for not acting about Genosha or the mutant decimation but what happened on AvX definitely can be taken as a point agaist them as mutant allies imo, after all the phoenix five would not have happened if they didn´t decide to involve themselves by fighthing the X-men thinking they knew more than them about the Phoenix force.
    You see, that is a fair point of view. Using AvX has a demostration of bad relations between avengers and xmen is a valid point. I could see some groudges.

But the Genosha attack or Wanda decimation is going beyond reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I guess getting beat up and Attacked is interacting lol
    You act as if that’s all that’s ever happened with the X-Men in over 50 years of history and that we haven’t had numerous issues across multiple books of them having down time and going out on the town. At that point, you’re just choosing to flat out ignore that anything other than oppression happened in the entirety of the X-Men’s history.

Correction

The stories about mutants hiding in a school in fear of oppression reactively responding to issues and watching mutants they are supposed to be protecting mutants being killed over and over. Oh yeah not even the bloody mansion is safe it keeps getting blown up and they keep getting attacked in their very own home. Ahhh the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Correction

The stories about mutants hiding in a school in fear of oppression reactively responding to issues and watching mutants they are supposed to be protecting mutants being killed over and over. Oh yeah not even the bloody mansion is safe it keeps getting blown up and they keep getting attacked in their very own home. Ahhh the good ole days.
    The heroes having their home attacked is hardly something that only the X-Men have had happen. How many times has Avengers Mansion and Avengers Tower been attacked? How many time has the Baxter Building? That’s a basic trope in superhero stories and if you think nothing like that is gonna happen to Krakoa at some point, you’re just being willfully naive.