Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think that Hickman want to show radicalization that is why h egoes to the extreme. on Hox 2 there is a part that says the experience radicalized her
    I'm personally not liking the more cold, cynical, and militant personalities either, but if it's really just part of the process in them stepping up their gain in forming their own nation and prevent more atrocities from hammering on them over and over again, then fair enough I suppose. The personalities are probably the aspect I honestly liked the least, but then again, if their personalities soften after some passes in them having well-established their own nation in a way that they're able to live relatively decent, comfortable lives despite all the fear and hate in the world, a world that they're protecting to be exact, then also fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I'm personally not liking the more cold, cynical, and militant personalities either, but if it's really just part of the process in them stepping up their gain in forming their own nation and prevent more atrocities from hammering on them over and over again, then fair enough I suppose. The personalities are probably the aspect I honestly liked the least, but then again, if their personalities soften after some passes in them having well-established their own nation in a way that they're able to live relatively decent, comfortable lives despite all the fear and hate in the world, a world that they're protecting to be exact, then also fair.
    i didn't like the personalities either. I don't think the personalities gonna go softer, Hickman said that bad things gonna happen on Dawn of X. not everything gonna be roses, it i spossible x-men gonna go more militant for Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    History is written by the winner. Integration is also determined by the dominant. Simple put fans want assimilation, not coexistence when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Cohabitation has always been on humans terms which means mutants give up stuff to be part of the world, In fact it passes just giving up stuff it is completely to lose yourself into the culture. Native Americans had to change their way of life to "coexist" with the colonists. People never think what another society gives to exist with others.

Coexist- I live by my neighbor and I don't say jack to them and I don't interact with them but we are living in peace
    Assimilation-I dress and act like my neighbors, I give up with makes my culture unique to blend into them

X-men/Xavier's dream is always bit of BS, The terms to living peacefully with means no unique mutant culture and other things. Mutants separating themselves adding "value" to their culture means that if you truly want to peace with and live them. Humans have adapt to them and integrate mutant culture into their society. More cohabitation ala couple when they come together in an apartment/house the give up each of their stuff and merge together. Mutants have always been expected to assimilate give up most things they have which is why mutants and minorities have been abused in these situations. Again when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Living in peace with humans has never been a fair exchange for mutants.

Truthfully mutants have been around they would have naturally gravitated to each other they would have honestly be more Genoshas, Tians and District X /mutant towns around the world especially with the prejudice. Hickman had to speed and create something that should have been around. This set up honestly should have been happening on Genosha without scifi aspects of the story. The X-editors kept feeling the need to reduce the mutant population not understanding real-life minorities, for example, the US has 327 million people and Black people make up 12 percent, Latino/Hispanic make up 16 percent, White makes up 72 percent. They thought they need to reduce mutant population to make them feel like a "minority". 42 million out of 327 million is small. Mutant worldwide was less than 20 million(?)
    There isn't a unique human culture, so it is completely normal not having a unique mutant culture.

There is always things we give up to live in a society. Xavier dream needed some polish and be updated. But it shouldn't ever be impossible.
    we see different people with different cultures living well.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-12-2019 at 09:01 PM.

We have seen X-men have any dialogue in Hox or PoX /Dawn of X outside of Work/Combat and one ceremony. People are judge personalities based on couple page of dialogue. This X-men are going to more human and friendly because outside of combat this is the safest environment the X-men have in awhile. Outside of combat,It is going to be mutants in environment where there isn't hate and fear for them. People are projecting what they think the run is going to be. The X-men haven't been cold and militant. Cyclops was telling jokes in combat, Storm was expressive as hell in the ceremony and in the council meeting, Jean was still compassionate. Monet was still standoffish. Nightcrawler was expressive and jovale when he said his rule on the council.

BANNED

History is written by the winner. Integration is also determined by the dominant. Simple put fans want assimilation, not coexistence when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Cohabitation has always been on humans terms which means mutants give up stuff to be part of the world, In fact it passes just giving up stuff it is completely to lose yourself into the culture. Native Americans had to change their way of life to "coexist" with the colonists. People never think what another society gives to exist with others.

Coexist- I live by my neighbor and I don't say jack to them and I don't interact with them but we are living in peace
    Assimilation-I dress and act like my neighbors, I give up with makes my culture unique to blend into them

X-men/Xavier's dream is always bit of BS, The terms to living peacefully with means no unique mutant culture and other things. Mutants separating themselves adding "value" to their culture means that if you truly want to peace with and live them. Humans have adapt to them and integrate mutant culture into their society. More cohabitation ala couple when they come together in an apartment/house the give up each of their stuff and merge together. Mutants have always been expected to assimilate give up most things they have which is why mutants and minorities have been abused in these situations. Again when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Living in peace with humans has never been a fair exchange for mutants.

Truthfully mutants have been around they would have naturally gravitated to each other they would have honestly be more Genoshas, Tians and District X /mutant towns around the world especially with the prejudice. Hickman had to speed and create something that should have been around. This set up honestly should have been happening on Genosha without scifi aspects of the story. The X-editors kept feeling the need to reduce the mutant population not understanding real-life minorities, for example, the US has 327 million people and Black people make up 12 percent, Latino/Hispanic make up 16 percent, White makes up 72 percent. They thought they need to reduce mutant population to make them feel like a "minority". 42 million out of 327 million is small. Mutant worldwide was less than 20 million(?)
    It’s interesting that you say this. I fully agree with the points that you’ve made. Now we need to see how different mutant cultures spring about. Is the council of 12 big or diverse enough to speak to or for the interests of different geopolitical mutant groups?

We have seen X-men have any dialogue in Hox or PoX /Dawn of X outside of Work/Combat and one ceremony. People are judge personalities based on couple page of dialogue. This X-men are going to more human and friendly because outside of combat this is the safest environment the X-men have in awhile. Outside of combat,It is going to be mutants in environment where there isn't hate and fear for them. People are projecting what they think the run is going to be. The X-men haven't been cold and militant. Cyclops was telling jokes in combat, Storm was expressive as hell in the ceremony and in the council meeting, Jean was still compassionate. Monet was still standoffish. Nightcrawler was expressive and jovale when he said his rule on the council.
    They are still agreeing to a really bad plan

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It’s interesting that you say this. I fully agree with the points that you’ve made. Now we need to see how different mutant cultures spring about. Is the council of 12 big or diverse enough to speak to or for the interests of different geopolitical mutant groups?
    The council shouldn't permanent,Something should replace it or at least the members are voted on by the people but storywise it is interesting those members will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are still agreeing to a really bad plan
    You as reader has foresight the characters in the story don't have, The characters in the stories have apprehension about things for example Wolverine expressed it was a bad idea to allow the villians on Krakoa. You will see some people in Fallen Angels express apprehension with Krakoa for different reasons. Emma expressed apprehension about the plan before hearing it. The characters in the story don't know Moria is alive,They don't Xavier is slight off,etc. The people in the book are agreeing to true mutant safe haven with checks. They don't have our information. They aren't agreeing to real bad plan from their angle.

BANNED

I love the creepy feel of Xavier, but I can’t help but feel annoyed that no one else but Namor has decided on calling him on his bullshit. Xavier, Moira and Magneto are all lying essentially. Krakoa is the total lie and mutants are not winning and they don’t inherit the earth. With two omega level telepaths on Krakoa I question why neither of them have been able to detect his or Magneto’s lies.

I love the creepy feel of Xavier, but I can’t help but feel annoyed that no one else but Namor has decided on calling him on his bullshit. Xavier, Moira and Magneto are all lying essentially. Krakoa is the total lie and mutants are not winning and they don’t inherit the earth. With two omega level telepaths on Krakoa I question why neither of them have been able to detect his or Magneto’s lies.
    I absolutely loved the moment of Namor calling Xavier out on his bullshit. Not only was it nice to not see everyone just fall in but based on how Namor called him out on that he doesn’t completely believe in their superiority does give a sliver of hope that, while he may be preaching on and sounding like a cult leader, dancing to what Moira had put into motion, that she hasn’t completely broken him and that deep down, some semblance of the man who dreamed of the best in people is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I absolutely loved the moment of Namor calling Xavier out on his bullshit. Not only was it nice to not see everyone just fall in but based on how Namor called him out on that he doesn’t completely believe in their superiority does give a sliver of hope that, while he may be preaching on and sounding like a cult leader, dancing to what Moira had put into motion, that she hasn’t completely broken him and that deep down, some semblance of the man who dreamed of the best in people is still there.
    I'm surprised you enjoyed that scene considering how much of an avid segregationist Namor is
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'm surprised you enjoyed that scene considering how much of an avid segregationist Namor is
    It was more so the prospect of someone who was invited not only rejecting the offer but calling Krakoa out on its bullshit. It’s nice to see things like that not working as if all mutants function on a hive mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It was more so the prospect of someone who was invited not only rejecting the offer but calling Krakoa out on its bullshit. It’s nice to see things like that not working as if all mutants function on a hive mind .
    lol How is/What about Krakoa is bullshit? Jeez
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because when they had the mansion, mutants were still free to live elsewhere. Laura had an apartment downtown. Emma has a home in New York and San Francisco.

But instead writers went to most extreme possible degree, and now segregation is literally the only way mutants can survive.
    They still have the option to have homes outside of Krakoa. It was pretty much explicitly written in HoX #6 and even in HoX #1 there is a gate to the old mansion in Westchester.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Why did so many people misread POX6? Mutants are the inheritors of the Earth just as they’re the natural evolutions to humankind. But the man-machine evolution, a literal aberration to the order of things, ended up wiping out both mutants and humans so they can eventually kill themselves and lose their sense of self to join a hivemind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Why did so many people misread POX6? Mutants are the inheritors of the Earth just as they’re the natural evolutions to humankind. But the man-machine evolution, a literal aberration to the order of things, ended up wiping out both mutants and humans so they can eventually kill themselves and lose their sense of self to join a hivemind.
    The phrase "inheritors of the earth" would seem to imply a point in time where mutants thrive and their existence goes uncontested. The threat of extinction through hatred and fear based motivation would no longer play a factor. Man-made machine evolution proves this is never an option. Moira knows it. It's the very reason she will never allow a mutant precog onto Krakoan soil. Human vanity and the desire to attain godhood, everlasting life, better known as self preservation will be mutantdom's greatest enemy. I'm not convinced that I've misread anything, but I'm fairly certain that you have.

The phrase "inheritors of the earth" would seem to imply a point in time where mutants thrive and their existence goes uncontested. The threat of extinction through hatred and fear based motivation would no longer play a factor. Man-made machine evolution proves this is never an option. Moira knows it. It's the very reason she will never allow a mutant precog onto Krakoan soil. Human vanity and the desire to attain godhood, everlasting life, better known as self preservation will be mutantdom's greatest enemy. I'm not convinced that I've misread anything, but I'm fairly certain that you have.
    Inheritance doesn’t denote a prolonged ownership, it denotes a basic right to land or resources based on who you are. Mutants are inheritors because their inheritance is the Earth by being the next step in evolutionary, not because there is no other competition in the way. The point of differentiating how man is essentially “playing god” with their ‘Tower of Babel’-esque experimentations to ascend into the Phalanx only to just be destroyed and absorbed into a collective and how the mutants are fighting for the natural order of things by being given tools to help combat whatever is plaguing the environment (eg Sentinels, Nimrod, homo novissima). So what part have I misread?