Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, I just noticed that Jean is referred to as Jean Grey here. But wasn’t she Marvel Girl in House of X?
    I think it's because she's appearing in the issue as Jean, and not going out on a mission. Whereas Rachel is being deployed so she is going by her 'mutant name' Prestige. That's the only way I think it works. Otherwise she should have her code name. I think if they are in the field Hickman will refer to them by codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And like I mentioned earlier with expanding on a potentially blossoming relationship from elements in earlier comics such as Secret Wars, they could have shaped Steve and the other Avengers relationship with the mutants more positively and productively after what James told Steve, who directly helped take down the Axis powers, and have potential character development there, but once again, many of the later writers evidently seemed to push aside seeds like that in favor of mutant setbacks such as Genosha and Decimation and bringing up dirty laundry by saying how the Avengers failed to help the mutants over and over again.

There's an interesting article about the rift between X-men and Avengers on uncannyxmen.net, if you haven't already read.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Oh god why'd you remind me of that movie WHY?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think it's because she's appearing in the issue as Jean, and not going out on a mission. Whereas Rachel is being deployed so she is going by her 'mutant name' Prestige. That's the only way I think it works. Otherwise she should have her code name. I think if they are in the field Hickman will refer to them by codename.
    I dont think that makes much sense more likely Hickman is course coreecting with her after the 3 months long tantrum her fans have been throwing. I bet she'll change costume soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont think that makes much sense more likely Hickman is course coreecting with her after the 3 months long tantrum her fans have been throwing. I bet she'll change costume soon.
    Hopefully she changes back to her JGS costume. The best hands down.

Valid criticism = tantrum

Angry about the X-Men being killers and abandoning Xavier's dream = Supporting Nazis.

Okay. Nice to see this is where we're at.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Oh god why'd you remind me of that movie WHY?
    Dis what happens when you say **** like “Riri is a better IronMan”

DAE148B9-6519-406A-B227-6D2875B5F9D7.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Hopefully she changes back to her JGS costume. The best hands down.
    I thought this said jgg for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Why do y’all keep saying that? Sentinels were MADE to stop mutants, that is literally their creation and encoded into their primary programming. Also, you weren’t supposed to be rooting for the set-up they had during Decimation. It was an internment camp.
    Yes, they were made as an anti mutant counter measure, but again, tool, mech; how you use it.

Interment camp? Really? So what was the punishment for those interned for routinely breaking out again? Solitaire? The Box? Execution? I think someone in authority wagged a finger at them once; I mean it's not like there was a negative zone prison active around this same time for comparison.

Also, to repeat, rescued students from limbo.

It's unfortunate we don't have a previously on/framing device/ internal ONE Memorandum for their underlining operational goals... oh, wait!

Attachment 88172
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

"So there will be no gift... for you have not earned it".

Hickman got everyone all riled up and it's kinda exciting. I'm enjoying my Krakoa-flowered popcorn*. Carry on, friends!

*The next evolutionary step in snacking.
    Last edited by JB; 10-11-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Yes, they were made as an anti mutant counter measure, but again, tool, mech; how you use it.

Interment camp? Really? So what was the punishment for those interned for routinely breaking out again? Solitaire? The Box? Execution? I think someone in authority wagged a finger at them once; I mean it's not like there was a negative zone prison active around this same time for comparison.

It's unfortunate we don't have a previously on/framing device/ internal ONE Memorandum for their underlining operational goals... oh, wait!

Attachment 88172
    Well there was the time all detainees that wanted to take a walk outside the camp were forced to have a chip injected, then the time the director of ONE almost blew them all off with a nuke. Standard concentration camp stuff.

Well there was the time all detainees that wanted to take a walk outside the camp were forced to have a chip injected, then the time the director of ONE almost blew them all off with a nuke. Standard concentration camp stuff.
    When was this exactly?

For the period I'm talking about, you're objectively wrong.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Attachment 88172
    They deployed a strike team to capture Rachel Grey when she went to Chicago to see a psychologist and get therapy because she was feeling anxiety and depression by being surrounded by Sentinels and being interred again like she was on her own world.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

When was this exactly?

For the period I'm talking about, you're objectively wrong.
    The 198 mini series and Civil War X-Men.

The 198 mini series and Civil War X-Men.
    Then there was profoundly inconsistent writing between series.
    Context is king.