Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The X-Men wouldn't need to have all of that set in place if they were 100% certain of no harm from those countries. Also if they have to take care of a potential threat in a various country. Having easy access to it just seems smart otherwise taking a direct approach would prove too risky. Folks are really acting like the X-Men doesn't have reasons to be as proactive as they are being to ensure their survival

Responding to Mozzle's post that I should had quoted
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Their not the one creating death factories/ viruses to constantly wipe out humans after all.
    As far as we know. I'll bet that the Krakoan wonder drugs are far more than meets the eye/analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It's honestly turning me off
    Awww poor humans. Get over it guys. Mutants are here and they are claiming their destiny. Not just waiting for the scraps mankind hands them.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

I'm happy to have Xavier back in charge. He thinks big, but did Hickman really have to regress Cyclops' characterisation? Cyclops doesn't have to call Xavier sir

It is annoying all of the X-men "feel" like cultists or supremacists talk. We have call people out on it because people are too comfortable saying it without being challenged and people already running with their keywords as if it is fact.
    Where is the "actual" proof of being cult or being supremacists? It is fine not like direction or tone but don't do it on a false narrative. Certain lines of dialogue are supposed to invoke a feeling but actions on pages overall are not matching those "feelings".Mutants in the comic run have a certain level of confidence and that "arrogance" is going to some rub fans the wrong way. If you thought that you were the true inheritors of the earth and you were finally set up for success against your opposition after years mistreatment you would be cocky too.

People are mistaking a new culture they don't understand for being a cult, People mistaking confidence in their new path (slight more aggressive path) as supremacy. And Hickman is playing in grey area to cause these reactions. But look at facts

1. Mutants aren't trying to take over world or rule
    2. Mutants first rule is against the harming of "innocent" humans

Hickman said that some fans would see the X-men as the enemy/the bad guys. So the feeling that many have isn't wrong but you think Marvel hired Hickman to make the X-men bad guys? What you think is going to happen Hickman is going to make the X-men take over the world (They already did that with Phoenix five). Hickman story is the X-men is zombies puppets being controlled by evil Xavier? It is insane that people are trying to define what is happening in absolutes. My biggest wish X-men didn't have crap enemies so people could see what true grey area looks like imagine if Orchis was 100% above board and you couldn't dismiss them instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really want to see Magneto and Polaris going all out on the facility at least and just tearing the whole thing to pieces along with all the Sentinels. I don't want them to kill people, I just want to see them destroy the Orchis base after the Orchis agents are evacuated.
    Magneto had a commentary in HoX #6 about killing in war in the name of the state being murder or not being murder and it was left unanswered. I have the feeling they will want to delve into that again in some way before X-Force gets rolling. The real question is if its in this issue and if so how they treat it. I don't think Hickman if/when he deals with it will build a Superman vs General Zod case. More of something actual nations and armies have to deal with.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    All of this from a preview....

Wow this new direction for the X-Men is going to be fun from the reactions alone.
    Second this... And from overreacting too
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 10-10-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I Still believe that the only way out of this "hole" the collective humankind is digging is to force both extreme to accept that coexistence is the ONLY option
    how do you accomplish that?

So far the mutants have just retreated and formed their own country, but so far the newly established nation of Krakoa has only attacked confirmed terrorist facilities.

Let's say for example that this latest Orchis facility is someplace in Europe. What if the X-Men advised the local government of that country that there is a genocidal terrorist cell operating in their border and asked permission to engage in a strike mission to take out the terrorist cell. The X-Men then are acting correctly within the confines of the law and are not operating in a rogue or provocative fashion. Or was this genocidal terrorist facility being operated with permission of the local government, I guess that means if you don't let us take out that facility we will put your country under a trade embargo and pull back all of our life saving medications until you get rid of this terrorist facility or let us do it.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Eh, people throw a fit whenever Scott gets too high in the hierarchy, might as well have him talk to Erik as his superior officer. Also, he's a senior citizen and basically one of his mutant dads. Gotta be respectful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Awww poor humans. Get over it guys. Mutants are here and they are claiming their destiny. Not just waiting for the scraps mankind hands them.
    People are more comfortable with mutants getting spat on and turning the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm happy to have Xavier back in charge. He thinks big, but did Hickman really have to regress Cyclops' characterisation? Cyclops doesn't have to call Xavier sir
    Krakoa is a nation, Cyclops is captain commander of the "military". The council members are technically his superiors. Cyclops hasn't regressed that is just a military formality imo. In full wartime scenario, it will be different he will be completely in command and I guarantee you the council won't look like they are in control. Cyclops = 5 star general Quiet Council= Congressmen.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-10-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Krakoa is a nation, Cyclops is captain commander of the "military". The council members are technically his superiors. Cyclops hasn't regressed that is just a military formality. In full wartime scenario, it will be different he will be completely in command and I guarantee you the council won't look like they are in control. Cyclops = 5 star general Quiet Council= Congressmen
    Yeah, I agree with that.

That even goes to some people saying Emma has too much power. Does she though? She isn't pushing her nose into everything, heck the one meeting we saw she wanted to talk about the economy and she even brought frigging notes. Emma is more or less Secretary of State and Minister of International Affairs and Trade. Haha, next council meeting I want Emma to put her glasses on and then say, "ok since I couldn't talk about this last meeting I feel we should discuss the GDP to debt ratio and how we can ensure our economy grows better in the next quarter so we can meet our budget targets for the year."
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The dialogue is just really not well written nor the characters are well voiced in those panels. Yikes.

Astonishing Member

the xmen sound like indoctrinated people in this

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that.

That even goes to some people saying Emma has too much power. Does she though? She isn't pushing her nose into everything, heck the one meeting we saw she wanted to talk about the economy and she even brought frigging notes. Emma is more or less Secretary of State and Minister of International Affairs and Trade. Haha, next council meeting I want Emma to put her glasses on and then say, "ok since I couldn't talk about this last meeting I feel we should discuss the GDP to debt ratio and how we can ensure our economy grows better in the next quarter so we can meet our budget targets for the year."
    Do they even have a budget? scarsity seems to be a foreign concept considering krakoa resources
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”