Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I always like Magneto's interactions with his kids, they make him more human, the fact that they are complicated and imperfect only makes them better, his kids always hit a soft spot on him and he on them (even if sometimes they hate him)
    Lorna is the only family he has left sadly, not bad for lorna, now she can get all the attention, I just miss Wanda and Pietro being part of the family.
    While Lorna doing things with Magneto is good (if handled right), I believe what's needed most in the family is Lorna and Wanda spending time together. It's actually more important than her getting all of Magneto's attention, especially dependent on the way that attention manifests in how they're written.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I figured out they were no longer together. That’s good for me. They both need to move on. Doesn’t mean they still could care for each other. I would really like Jean and Lorna to have some get together time. Hard to say if that would ever happen but her relationship with magneto getting better is good news.
    I really would like if writers remembered that lorn and jean are best friends

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ororo is Jean's best friends. Lorna I feel like she is a good friend, maybe childhood best friend but currently just friends.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    While Lorna doing things with Magneto is good (if handled right), I believe what's needed most in the family is Lorna and Wanda spending time together. It's actually more important than her getting all of Magneto's attention, especially dependent on the way that attention manifests in how they're written.
    I can't see them erasing the Wanda and Pietro retcon for a while. So I don't think we'll see Wanda and Pietro anywhere near Lorna for the foreseeable future, unless they are come into confrontation when the X-Men and the Avengers inevitably run into each other while they are both on missions. I don't even think the Avengers and X-Men are definitely going to be fighting, but I imagine words will be traded on both sides, and Lorna is definitely far more pro-mutant than Wanda and Pietro ever were.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ororo is Jean's best friends. Lorna I feel like she is a good friend, maybe childhood best friend but currently just friends.
    Lorna was Jean's best friend, then Claremont shifted it to Storm. Which isn't a huge deal. Friendships change in real life, and given the way the real world is, interracial friendship is and was good to present. It's not too long ago that interracial marriage was disallowed (e.g. Kirk kissing Uhura on Star Trek being a "scandal" at that time).

However, Marvel for decades acting like Lorna's never been friends with Jean in any capacity is a problem. They could've taken advantage of this in Blue for stories between Lorna and teen Jean and they didn't.

But IMO, I'd prefer Lorna and Jean dating, beyond simply rekindling their friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I can't see them erasing the Wanda and Pietro retcon for a while. So I don't think we'll see Wanda and Pietro anywhere near Lorna for the foreseeable future, unless they are come into confrontation when the X-Men and the Avengers inevitably run into each other while they are both on missions. I don't even think the Avengers and X-Men are definitely going to be fighting, but I imagine words will be traded on both sides, and Lorna is definitely far more pro-mutant than Wanda and Pietro ever were.
    Agreed, I doubt it'll change in the 616 any time soon. Marvel could pursue Lorna and Wanda spending time together as sisters in other properties, same as how they've been acknowledging Wanda and Pietro being Magneto's kids in same other properties, but they thus far refuse to do so. I view it as "people at Marvel don't respect Lorna enough to give fans what they want." But an alternate take could be "Marvel's afraid fans will push for them to end the retcon faster if they get what they want."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well that review didn't spoil much outside what we see in this thread besides some of the other characters that appear but it's people mentioned on the character sheet.
    "Cable was right!"

Anyone who has a problem with Hickman dialogue, let me warn you: This is how he writes his characters. So it won’t get better lol. It’s a common complaint and one I’ve had myself that his characters act less like characters and more like big sounding boards for Hickman’s Big Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorna was Jean's best friend, then Claremont shifted it to Storm. Which isn't a huge deal. Friendships change in real life, and given the way the real world is, interracial friendship is and was good to present. It's not too long ago that interracial marriage was disallowed (e.g. Kirk kissing Uhura on Star Trek being a "scandal" at that time).

However, Marvel for decades acting like Lorna's never been friends with Jean in any capacity is a problem. They could've taken advantage of this in Blue for stories between Lorna and teen Jean and they didn't.

But IMO, I'd prefer Lorna and Jean dating, beyond simply rekindling their friendship.

Agreed, I doubt it'll change in the 616 any time soon. Marvel could pursue Lorna and Wanda spending time together as sisters in other properties, same as how they've been acknowledging Wanda and Pietro being Magneto's kids in same other properties, but they thus far refuse to do so. I view it as "people at Marvel don't respect Lorna enough to give fans what they want." But an alternate take could be "Marvel's afraid fans will push for them to end the retcon faster if they get what they want."
    Salarta, I think they already have that problem because a lot of people despise that retcon, including me. I put that Magneto, Wanda, and Pietro retcon right up beside Peter Park and Mary Jane. It was stupid and it was done because the editors and upper executives wanted synergy with the movies, and eventually when they introduce Magneto into the MCU, there is a very good chance they will retcon the whole stupid thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Anyone who has a problem with Hickman dialogue, let me warn you: This is how he writes his characters. So it won’t get better lol. It’s a common complaint and one I’ve had myself that his characters act less like characters and more like big sounding boards for Hickman’s Big Ideas.
    I love that he actually uses proper upper case and lower case in the dialogue bubbles. Finally a writer who understands that you can consolidate your dialogue better by writing with proper character cases in all of your sentences.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't believe Hickman's done so much work at Marvel and people are still new to this. Gotta expand your horizons.
    "Cable was right!"

That doesn’t mean they couldn’t rekindle it under the right circumstances. What bothered me for so damn long was that Jean never helped Lorna with her mind control issues and her sanity over the last few decades. She was powerful enough to do so and so was Xavier. Maybe there is a subconscious resentment or bitterness from the two that could have been explored. Take all the times that Mesmero, Malice and Apocalypse used Lorna in the worst possible ways and NOT having Jean or Xavier do a damn thing to help her is mind boggling. If Jean and Prof X always talked about the X-men being a family and then not helping a member of that family is hypocritical to say the least.

At the same time, I seem to remember thinking he was pretty good with character voices back on Fantastic Four and Secret Warriors; but comparatively fewer big brain ideas on those books than his Avengers and this X-Men.

BANNED

aw come on why'd that trailer have to spoil

spoilers:
    THE MONKEYS
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    That doesn’t mean they couldn’t rekindle it under the right circumstances. What bothered me for so damn long was that Jean never helped Lorna with her mind control issues and her sanity over the last few decades. She was powerful enough to do so and so was Xavier. Maybe there is a subconscious resentment or bitterness from the two that could have been explored. Take all the times that Mesmero, Malice and Apocalypse used Lorna in the worst possible ways and NOT having Jean or Xavier do a damn thing to help her is mind boggling. If Jean and Prof X always talked about the X-men being a family and then not helping a member of that family is hypocritical to say the least.
    You should read New X-Men 132, Uncanny 430-431, and Uncanny 443. They were there at least for her after the Genoshan genocide. But, you get at the real problem and that is writers have seen no drama to be had in Lorna interacting with Jean. I actually disagree with that, but it’s only really there if one sees the philosophical gulf between them.

They could have a second generation Xavier/Magneto type relationship. That is conceivable and it would have enough drama to create interest.