Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    How about the writers actually come up with something original for a change rather than repeating the same thing over and over? These are fictional characters and it’s the writers who choose to keep writing these cynical tales on everything.
    What a difference with Claremont's storytelling… Is it an effect of our time? I hope not.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    The art is so much better than I thought. The colours really help. The dialogue on the other hand is... something.
    I love when the X-Men speak in monologues. Reminds me of Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Again when Charlottesville happened did the US government go hunt down everyone at the rally and shoot them?
    It commended them for being “fine folks”, if I recall correctly. Yay for passive resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    See that’s the thing for me, while people are saying about the X-Men seeing such dark sides of humanity, who wants to deal with the heroes acting cynical practically all the time? They’re the X-Men, not the likes of the Punisher. We’ve basically been dealing with a cynical X-Men since Decimation so at this point, going on over 13 years now. It’s tiresome and even more so when we just had an event in the form of Secret Empire that was basically calling the heroes out on their cynicism. I want to see hope within the X-Universe but the irony here seems to be that Hickman’s raised the X-Men to their highest point but at the same time, made them bigger cynics than ever.
    There's hope in the X-universe again but my heroes seem to be willing to go to lengths that I find problematic and distasteful while espousing broad statements denigrating humanity in general. Believing that you have a right to exist and fighting for that is not the same as believing you are [homo] superior to others and fighting to set up your kingdom.

The formation of a real mutant culture and outlook seems to be very much against anything we've seen before. No equality, no coexistence, no compassion. Just sociopolitical and biochemical manipulation of humanity doubled with isolation and a real desire to manifest their difference and superiority.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I think the real problem here is that the "mutant pride" dialogue is turning a lot of people off but like Cyclops said back in HoX #1 "The world was telling me I was less, when I knew I was more." The mutants are tired of being treated like freaks, aberrations, sub-human, etc. when in fact their the exact opposite.

Their not the one creating death factories/ viruses to constantly wipe out humans after all.
    Ya know, after reading what you just typed about being tired, for some reason I can't help but think back to X-Men #8 all the way back in 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Ya know, after reading what you just typed about being tired, for some reason I can't help but think back to X-Men #8 all the way back in 1964.

Well, Henry Mc Coy doesn't sound cultish nor cold…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Interior art looks much better then cover but I find it very static. Especially since Yu knows how to convey dynamic movement.

Hey, people said they missed Claremont, so Hickman gave you long-winded speeches in the middle of fast-paced action.

Get my Punisher fix from this i guess

Yes Hank! Do you.

Our X-Men are on a high, euphoric from being officially recognized by the UN. They're being purposely written this way and it's clear to me it's going to bite them in the ass in more ways than one. That's why once I take my one-way flight to Krakoa, I'm hanging with Betsy to play with magic and flowers.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

Not promising. Hickman needs a scripter.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also, when you think about it, they do have their own rather vocal and militant cult following in the real world (same for Jean and Logan etc...) here on CBR and throughout the interwebs.
    ...Just an observation.
    What's that mate lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can kind of see why hickman see the x-men as the villians based on this preview though. from here."
    Hickman actually said this?

That’s some real cult speak right there. Someone should’ve sicced a Sentinel or two on those Nazi muties.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Hickman actually said this?
    No, he was referring to HOXPOX when he said that. And that was because Moira was the lone hero of the story whereas Xavier and Magneto didn’t listen to her by inviting Sinister and presumably planning on bringing precogs to the island. I doubt the concept of Krakoa nor the X-Men’s new philosophy on how they should be treated is what Hickman is vilifying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Not promising. Hickman needs a scripter.
    FF, East of West, New Avengers, and HoX/PoX beg to differ. The dialogue is fine if it comes off as more militant than that's the point.