Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Man is a conquered people who should surrender and beg for mercy he doesn't deserve? Lol wth? Why does Storm sound like a Sith?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Murdered in the streets, anti-mutant rallies by politicians, a vaccine to destroy the species. Sure, if you want to call it segregation that's fine but it's currently necessary.
    All done by extremists acting unilaterally. Never the majority. Do we really need a #notallhumans hashtag?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    All done by extremists acting unilaterally. Never the majority. Do we really need a #notallhumans hashtag?
    The majority stay quiet, Which has the same result as agreeing. Non action allows bad things to happens. Partially blame is deserved. For example Most Americans are to blame for kids in cages, The inaction by mass allows the policy to stay in place. In action by the masses allows Flint have bad water.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i didn't like the personalities either. I don't think the personalities gonna go softer, Hickman said that bad things gonna happen on Dawn of X. not everything gonna be roses, it i spossible x-men gonna go more militant for.
    Ah, sounds like a shame if that truly turns out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really just seems like the writing taking things to the opposite extreme rather than finding a balance. It really shouldn’t be either doom and gloom or separation from the world. That’s the thing that gets me. Even the whole thing with Moira’s other lives apparently showing that mutantkind always loses, that’s a product of Hickman’s story to justify such an extreme. In that regard, while he may have built mutantkind up, it was more on doom and gloom than hope.
    Also should be kept in mind that Moira’s lives basically amount to a sample size of 10 or so lives, limited to just her own perspective.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-13-2019 at 05:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Inheritance doesn’t denote a prolonged ownership, it denotes a basic right to land or resources based on who you are. Mutants are inheritors because their inheritance is the Earth by being the next step in evolutionary, not because there is no other competition in the way. The point of differentiating how man is essentially “playing god” with their ‘Tower of Babel’-esque experimentations to ascend into the Phalanx only to just be destroyed and absorbed into a collective and how the mutants are fighting for the natural order of things by being given tools to help combat whatever is plaguing the environment (eg Sentinels, Nimrod, homo novissima). So what part have I misread?
    You’re still misinterpreting my point with your idea of inheritance. That’s interesting because that is exactly the ideology that majority of mutants on Krakoa are operating under. Hickman has kept the idea that mutants are the next logical step in traditional and/or biological unchecked human evolution. The X-gene genetically enhances the human condition. The only way to successfully predict a mutant birth (short of a precog) is to genetically engineer one, or you hope a mutant couple gets pregnant. Mutants are genetically enhanced humans that cannot be controlled. The fear of the unknown will always drive intellects to probe further. Men and women with exceptional intelligence always find ways to enhance themselves to compete with beings well above their weight class.

I think it’s so beautiful because it further explains why Forge was used as prime example for why his mutation isn’t considered omega level. T’Challa and Shuri both come up with tech that could keep up with Forge. That’s not even acknowledging inventions from the likes of Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Riri Williams, Moon Girl, Valeria Richards or Doctor Doom. Human ingenuity and intelligence will always seek to improve on the human condition. While mutants would wait to inherit the earth through overwhelming mutant births to potentially stumble across a mutant time manipulator, there are humans with enough mental fortitude and imagination to invent a time machine for themselves.

Doom is the best example I could describe. He’s is not an outright mutant hating bigot. He believes everyone is beneath him. He alone has provided so many enhancements to himself that it would be illogical to suggest that he hasn’t altered his own evolutionary trajectory. He himself poses a threat to mutants inheriting the earth. He has improved on his human condition in such a way that mutation is of no consequence to him. His own desire and natural born right for self preservation is expressed through the technological advancements applied to his own being and his surroundings. What if there was an entire population of people like Doom? The kicker is... there are.

Human hate/fear of the unknown fuels rage against mutants just as much or maybe even more so than it fuels the desire to protect the mortal flesh. Mutants as a whole are thinking humans are going to collectively sit by and wait to die without a will, leaving all of earth to their rightful heirs. Moira, Xavier and Magneto know different. They know ultimately humans are the old decrepit billionaire that married a hot young bimbo with big fake **** and bad dye job and intends to leave her (homo novissima) everything in the will to completely leave out their disappointing children from a previous marriage. You want to see hate and fear as the ultimate big bad. But as Hickman’s story beautifully illustrates, the desire for humans to improve on their genetic evolution at will is the real monster mutants will never overcome. It’s a natural born part of the human condition. In many ways humans want to achieve everlasting life. Mutants have no way of combating that when that’s exactly what they want for themselves. To really defeat the humans and dismantle the hate before them, mutants would essentially have to burn down their own homes to get the humans in check.

And yet it's been a handful of mutants that have endangered humanity and attacked humanity, yet we have full on rallies to end mutants and Sentinels. Do we really need a #notallmutants hashtag?

My reply was to the poster saying segregation is wrong and I was showing that in my opinion based on what has happened to them in recent history, it is currently necessary. No need to twist it around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Obviously real world segregation doesn't apply to 616 since 80% of the people are literal Klansmen advocating for the mass extermination of mutants.
    Agreed, so what are we even debating? It seems real world examples are pulled in when it fits someone's narrative but discarded when it doesn't.

Agreed, so what are we even debating? It seems real world examples are pulled in when it fits someone's narrative but discarded when it doesn't.
    Because of the constant connections people keep making between mutants and real-life minorities, as if the lives of real-life minorities are dictated by comic book writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Because of the constant connections people keep making between mutants and real-life minorities, as if the lives of real-life minorities are dictated by comic book writers.
    I agree with that. I'm of a minority group but I haven't been chased and attacked by robots the size of buildings trying to terminate me. If I was, or by extremist groups at any random time in any location around the world with hi-tech weapons, I think the first thing I'd search for is a place to feel safe. :-)

I agree with that. I'm of a minority group but I haven't been chased and attacked by robots the size of buildings trying to terminate me. If I was, or by extremist groups at any random time in any location around the world with hi-tech weapons, I think the first thing I'd search for is a place to feel safe. :-)
    lol Yas
    seems sooo obvious right??
    GrindrStone(D)

Yep, Hickman finally giving them the proper tools to properly fight back against the the threat whereas previous writers wouldn’t.

BANNED

It was the majority. The whole world celebrated the death of the X-Men and people were supporting the senator whatshername and the vaccine. It's on page.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Yas
    seems sooo obvious right??
    Yup! And once I found said safe place I'd probably puff my chest out a little and be feelin' myself too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yup! And once I found said safe place I'd probably puff my chest out a little and be feelin' myself too.
    Damn Skippy!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t care about how they can be used, In clearly talking about the message it sends when one is used because of the whole goal of its creation.

I knowwwww you’re lying. I’m not even gonna argue whether or not it was an internment camp because it had already been viewed as such from readers and interpreted that way by writers explaining the situation. Who cares that there were a couple “nice” people in the Sentinels who were willing to help. What else were they supposed to do, just watch and let the mutants they were hired to watch just get killed by Limbo demons?

Already been through this conversation, but they do not come off that way when viewed entirely through the lens of New X-Men; and my attempt to logically reconcile these two depictions via a presumption of when the change over in leadership took place also appears to have been incorrect... so, they were inconsistently written.

So, yes, my bad.

And yet it's been a handful of mutants that have endangered humanity and attacked humanity, yet we have full on rallies to end mutants and Sentinels. Do we really need a #notallmutants hashtag?
    The problem with making any real world parallels, is what differentiates mutants tends to be power, more importantly random spontaneously manifesting powers; potentially lethal powers they may not be able to control, at an age you wouldn't trust them to drive a car.

Oh, and those with mind control, a physiological need to feed on others, or just those horribly deformed to much liability and no benefit, which are their own kettles of fish.

There's a story in Marvel 1001 "The Rest of Your Life," that nicely illustrates the problem.

The Rest of Your Life.jpg

This should actually become a much bigger problem if it's an all mutant society.

In this new status quo I'd love to see how mutants are dealing with the mutant problem... they'll probably ignore it though.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-13-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!