Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    BANNED

When was the last time Avengers Mansion got turned into a concentration camp by the government again? Or had their wards blown up not by some supervillain but good ole civilian bigots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You act as if that’s all that’s ever happened with the X-Men in over 50 years of history and that we haven’t had numerous issues across multiple books of them having down time and going out on the town. At that point, you’re just choosing to flat out ignore that anything other than oppression happened in the entirety of the X-Men’s history.
    Nah but youre choosing to ignore over 50 years of History.... sure they lived down the street from reg humans and thus were 'in the world' but besides a couple of Angel's tarts how much interacting with humans did they have? Drinking a beer at Harry's Hideaway? Or the New Mutants they interacted with reg kids like 3 or 4 times always in a group setting and one of those Rahne was trying to kill the reg Kids lol. Gen X How many times did Synch get beat up by those racist as townies? Then when the school went public....ugh Im not saying they dont have human buddies like Stevie Hunter....Charlotte Jones...the sheriff from Gen X
    But moving to KraKoa isnt a big transition...the X-men are hardly socialites lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    When was the last time Avengers Mansion got turned into a concentration camp by the government again? Or had their wards blown up not by some supervillain but good ole civilian bigots?
    Their stories are not about that, blame Marvel.

If Marvel will be coherent, the Avengers should have total dedication to the X-Books and that is not possible, if read X-Men, i want X-Men not the fucking Iron Man.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-12-2019 at 07:05 AM.

The heroes having their home attacked is hardly something that only the X-Men have had happen. How many times has Avengers Mansion and Avengers Tower been attacked? How many time has the Baxter Building? That’s a basic trope in superhero stories and if you think nothing like that is gonna happen to Krakoa at some point, you’re just being willfully naive.
    True but when the heroes home is the only safe spot for mutants. It adds a different element. Besides how many times was someone killed in the attack, Cassandra Nova and Executioner I am pretty sure killed students. This was after Purifiers killed students. The X-men can't protect kids in their safest place. Why in the world they would be running around trying to help anybody else?

Krakoa is going to be attack issue 1 of probably X-force, We can guess Omega Red is going to blow up or something. The difference is they will make a competent adjustment to make sure it doesn't happen again and Krakoa is big enough for them to still feel safe. Also, superhero bases being attacked is a bad trope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Their stories are not about that, blame Marvel.

If Marvel will be coherent, the Avengers should have total dedication to the X-Books and that is not possible, if read X-Men, i want X-Men not the fucking Iron Man.
    We did have that scene with the Avengers making sure Cyclops wouldnt disturb the antimutant hate rally tho. Makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    True but when the heroes home is the only safe spot for mutants. It adds a different element. Besides how many times was someone killed in the attack, Cassandra Nova and Executioner I am pretty sure killed students. This was after Purifiers killed students. The X-men can't protect kids in their safest place. Why in the world they would be running around trying to help anybody else?

Krakoa is going to be attack issue 1 of probably X-force, We can guess Omega Red is going to blow up or something. The difference is they will make a competent adjustment to make sure it doesn't happen again and Krakoa is big enough for them to still feel safe. Also, superhero bases being attacked is a bad trope.
    Yeah, it's like staging an attack on the Hawaiian islands. The attackers will do damage now but they won't be able to take the entire nation down. Also, Krakoa is a little different than other countries and it can help in it's own defense. If you bring an armed insurgence on Krakoa there is a good chance you will end up being a meal for Krakoa.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah but youre choosing to ignore over 50 years of History.... sure they lived down the street from reg humans and thus were 'in the world' but besides a couple of Angel's tarts how much interacting with humans did they have? Drinking a beer at Harry's Hideaway? Or the New Mutants they interacted with reg kids like 3 or 4 times always in a group setting and one of those Rahne was trying to kill the reg Kids lol. Gen X How many times did Synch get beat up by those racist as townies? Then when the school went public....ugh Im not saying they dont have human buddies like Stevie Hunter....Charlotte Jones...the sheriff from Gen X
    But moving to KraKoa isnt a big transition...the X-men are hardly socialites lol
    I’m not ignoring that but I’m also not treating it as if every moment of the past 50 years has been nothing but a miserable battle against extinction.

BANNED

Its pretty moot whether they used to meet up with their human friends every thursday at Harry's Hideaway to sing Kumbaya. The point is Moira has verifiable proof that it leads to sentinel genocide.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Oh, hey, fun fact, I was just looking back at E is for Extinction, and Trask is the one that gives the order to the Sentinels. Cassandra convinces him to. It was her idea, but it was his choice.
    Attachment 88179Attachment 88180

Sure, if he'd refused, she would have given the order herself a few minutes later when she'd finished stealing his genes. But she didn't have to.
    Had to read it again. She even says he thinks of keeping mutant children and women as slaves. So he didn't have to be pushed. Nova directed the sentinels to Genosha, but Trask was the one who gave the order for them to start upgrading. In practical terms, he's an accomplice. So, I guess the Krakoa files are not wrong to put the massacre at the feet of humans. He knew the sentinels would kill the people of Genosha. Nova just gave the order because she grew tired of him and killed Donald, he would have done the same in a few minutes. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, it's like staging an attack on the Hawaiian islands. The attackers will do damage now but they won't be able to take the entire nation down. Also, Krakoa is a little different than other countries and it can help in it's own defense. If you bring an armed insurgence on Krakoa there is a good chance you will end up being a meal for Krakoa.
    I am just happy they have probably have a squad of people dedicated to the safety of everyone. You know how insane it is to have a busload of children explode and it seems that you have no tighter security protocols. Even worse you put the school in the middle of central park basically a big arrow saying attack me. I know it is the genre that they get attacked but weirdly to me it feels better if the bad guys have to deal with a security force. I don't care if they get jobbed every time at least storywise it looks like they make an effort for safety.

BANNED

The X-Men probably didn't expect to be rocketed right after having been wiped out by the decimation wave. Especially since all the kids were humans.

Extraordinary Member

I am just happy they have probably have a squad of people dedicated to the safety of everyone. You know how insane it is to have a busload of children explode and it seems that you have no tighter security protocols. Even worse you put the school in the middle of central park basically a big arrow saying attack me. I know it is the genre that they get attacked but weirdly to me it feels better if the bad guys have to deal with a security force. I don't care if they get jobbed every time at least storywise it looks like they make an effort for safety.
    Schism was a failure. Neither approach was any safer because no amount of security can stop writers from killing mutants.

The heroes having their home attacked is hardly something that only the X-Men have had happen. How many times has Avengers Mansion and Avengers Tower been attacked? How many time has the Baxter Building? That’s a basic trope in superhero stories and if you think nothing like that is gonna happen to Krakoa at some point, you’re just being willfully naive.
    1.) Do many kids live at the avengers building or the Baxter building?

2.) let’s not assume things about what’s coming up in the story. I agree it’s likely the same things will happen to krakoa but I find it cynical to write off potential story ideas / changes when we just now have a new status quo.

3.) just because avengers tower etc has been attacked too doesnt mean it’s the same thing with similar motivations etc. the stories speak for themselves.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Schism was a failure. Neither approach was any safer because no amount of security can stop writers from killing mutants.
    What do you mean neither approach was safer? One approach looks to be an alarm system. The other approach was an alarm system AND security force of Domino, Warpath, Jubliee and Psylocke. Attacks are going to happen but if you put compent logic in the story elements than those have to be cleared. They have had two movies a while back about people attacking the white house. And you know what happens in each story the president gets attack but you know what they have write into each of those stories how they got pass security. You know what happens in three stories I can remember recently about the X-mansion being attacked, There was no security force to protect the people on grounds. At least having security means they have write how they got past the security team which is a step up in storytelling logic.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-12-2019 at 09:20 AM.

yeah that's the part I welcome about this new direction. I don't mind them going on missions where they face hate, but I want to see scenes where they come home and you can see the children playing safely, a mutant mother breast feeding her baby on a park bench, people playing a game and using powers and having fun. I like knowing that at the end of the day they can escape from that hate and be safe and happy finally.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”