Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
    BANNED

Jesus. I am loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hmmm. Talking about stuff what without going into spoilers. So I don't talk about details just about how the book affected me.

I liked this issue the big highlight for me was the last page in which I squealed a little, that is nice touch the X-men mythos. The rest of the book good it was a little quieter than I expected. It is going to be interesting to see other people reaction on this book there I think will be a lot of talk did Hickman get characters voices right. I have to read it through again but I was mostly fine with everything on my first read through. The thing I was most happy with it is that this book killed a slightly myth said on the forums. I would have rather a little more action for a first issue but character work to start is nice too.
    Which is? There are just too many of em

Surprised there is not a review thread yet! If I was not at work, I would get one up.

Interested to hear people's thoughts. Overall, I thought it was a pretty great start for the new era.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I like that Jean lives between Scott and Logan with adjoining doors to both. The three of them have a nice setup there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I understand your points. I understand why you feel that way. I came to a different conclusion with my interpretation of Hickman’s storytelling. You’re looking just at the hate that mutants are currently facing. That’s understandable, but I feel you’re missing the point of Moira’s secret, her reasoning for not resurrecting Destiny and keeping all mutant precogs away from Krakoa. Moira is actively protecting the facade that mutants inherit the earth from their human ancestors. You want to look at it as every invention known to man was designed in some way to attack mutants. It was not. Most tech that humans above Forge’s mutant weight class are capable of building have all been created to extend human life in some way and ultimately protect their mortal form.

Tony Stark has tech specifically designed to extend his life. We saw that in his movies. It’s not like he is using that tech to exterminate mutants, but he is using it to adapt to life as a mortal. All humans do not despise mutants. Homo novissima wasn’t just responsible for destroying all homo superior life, they destroyed Homo sapiens as well. Humans brought about their own destruction, but we know that was not intentional. The answer cannot be that simple. The same fear of going extinct whether it be from Galactus, Thanos, an asteroid, an ice age, global warming, or any number of other extinction level events you can name; they are met by humans that use their brainpower to come up with solutions, most commonly some type of tech designed to extend human life. That fear is all rooted in the unknown. It’s the very reason humans believe in an afterlife. No human knows what comes after. All we can do is guess and fight like hell to live another day.

Essentially that is what mutants are facing. They are fighting the human nature of self preservation in its most mundane form. Humans want to live. They don’t just want to live, they want to thrive. Who wants to die? No one really does. People want to live on. Even if it means living on as a legacy, people want to leave their mark on the world. They want their presence felt. They want to see representation of themselves. I’m also describing artistic expression. Humans want a meaningful way of interacting with the world. Humans have limitations, though. Their only way of surpassing their human limits is to add upgrades to their beings. That’s why I referenced Tony Stark, T’Challa, Reed Richards, Dr. Doom and a host of other inventors. They all create tech that in some ways is designed to increase their life span (and potentially alter their evolutionary path, survival of the fittest and all).

It is very easy to boil mutantdom’s demise down to simple hate and fear of people with special powers. It’s easy to see prejudice as the ultimate big bad, but you would be doing yourself and Hickman’s story a huge disservice imo. Mutants will always be in competition with humans with ideas of using knowledge to push past the mortal coil. Those pushes to beat the eternal enemy, death, will ALWAYS be part of the human condition. The push to conquer or defy death will always see humans invent so type of tech to aid in their endeavors. That urge to defeat death is very understandable because mutants want the same thing. Humans will never not invent tools to aid in their search for everlasting life. That urge to fight and push through certain death is a divine human right. Every life form has the right to protect their very existence. Mutants cannot fight that. In order to beat that unrelenting human desire to live on in the face oblivion, mutants would then need to examine their unrelenting human desire to want to live on in the face of oblivion AND ABANDON ALL HOPE. Moira Knows it. Magneto knows it. And so does Charles. That is the reason Destiny and all other precogs will be kept away from Krakoa at all costs.
    This post held up quite beautifully. Hickman is a wonderful man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I like that Jean lives between Scott and Logan with adjoining doors to both. The three of them have a nice setup there.
    This is what I came to post about...If it is Scott's night to do the dishes...is it Logan's night to do Jean??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is what I came to post about...If it is Scott's night to do the dishes...is it Logan's night to do Jean??
    Ha! Now that's something.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!