Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Storm's dialogue is referring to the soldiers in the ORCHIS base, not all of humanity.

BANNED

They shouldnt have money except for importing stuff they cant produce themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    All of this from a preview....

Wow this new direction for the X-Men is going to be fun from the reactions alone.
    That's the best part! The discussions being stoked here are glorious. Especially coming off the heels of HoX/PoX the xboards are lively as heck.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Storm's dialogue is referring to the soldiers in the ORCHIS base, not all of humanity.
    this is what I thought after I reread it. thnk u
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Do they even have a budget? scarsity seems to be a foreign concept considering krakoa resources
    Yeah, Erik and Charles "Umm, Emma would you mind financing Krakoa for a couple of years, we did give you a 50 year trade contract after all."

Emma, "Seriously, you started all of this and your broke. So let me get this straight you only asked me to help because you ran out of money didn't you?"

Erik and Charles, "Well we built a few things on Krakoa (secret no place facility) that kind of put us over budget."

Emma, "20 Billion dollars? What did you do make House of X out of gold? You built gold bathrooms didn't you? Donald Trump is not a genius of interior decoration boys!"
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the dialogues I think it is only the characters tired or discouraged with the situation after all who would not be after seeing the worst side of humanity ?

The way Cyclops refers to Xavier or Magneto is strange but I can't tell if it's a poorly written dialogue or if it has any deeper meaning.
    See that’s the thing for me, while people are saying about the X-Men seeing such dark sides of humanity, who wants to deal with the heroes acting cynical practically all the time? They’re the X-Men, not the likes of the Punisher. We’ve basically been dealing with a cynical X-Men since Decimation so at this point, going on over 13 years now. It’s tiresome and even more so when we just had an event in the form of Secret Empire that was basically calling the heroes out on their cynicism. I want to see hope within the X-Universe but the irony here seems to be that Hickman’s raised the X-Men to their highest point but at the same time, made them bigger cynics than ever.

I actually am digging how Cyclops and Storm are working together and espousing their worldviews while running through some Orchis mooks. As far as their sounding cult-ish and militant, I'm fine with it considering that at this point in both characters's histories, it makes a great deal of sense. I'm also digging the characters listed at the start, namely Rachel (ditch Prestige, please), Vulcan and CeCe. I would like to see more Monet and Forge, but since the cast will be rotating, I'll reserve judgement until later on. Otherwise, I'm hype for issue 1.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    See that’s the thing for me, while people are saying about the X-Men seeing such dark sides of humanity, who wants to deal with the heroes acting cynical practically all the time? They’re the X-Men, not the likes of the Punisher. We’ve basically been dealing with a cynical X-Men since Decimation so at this point, going on over 13 years now. It’s tiresome and even more so when we just had an event in the form of Secret Empire that was basically calling the heroes out on their cynicism. I want to see hope within the X-Universe but the irony here seems to be that Hickman’s raised the X-Men to their highest point but at the same time, made them bigger cynics than ever.
    Ask the humans to stop mass producing genocidal killer robots, or space stations with an artificially intelligent genocidal killer robot that can manufacture more genocidal killer robots.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I Still believe that the only way out of this "hole" the collective humankind is digging is to force both extreme to accept that coexistence is the ONLY option
    I think so, too. The discarded Dream is still my gold standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is what I thought after I reread it. thnk u
    You're welcome!

If you look at the transition of the panels, she's even says in the next panel that "they're incredibly well trained." It's a clear reference to the soldiers Cyclops and Storm are going up against. I don't think it would make much sense for Storm to be saying that about every human on the planet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm happy to have Xavier back in charge. He thinks big, but did Hickman really have to regress Cyclops' characterisation? Cyclops doesn't have to call Xavier sir
    I think people really need to let this go Xavier simply outranks Cyclops so calling him "sir" is appropriate there's no regression there. Cyclops and Xavier have simply worked out their differences and there's no animosity there anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I actually am digging how Cyclops and Storm are working together and espousing their worldviews while running through some Orchis mooks. As far as their sounding cult-ish and militant, I'm fine with it considering that at this point in both characters's histories, it makes a great deal of sense. I'm also digging the characters listed at the start, namely Rachel (ditch Prestige, please), Vulcan and CeCe. I would like to see more Monet and Forge, but since the cast will be rotating, I'll reserve judgement until later on. Otherwise, I'm hype for issue 1.
    Also, when you think about it, they do have their own rather vocal and militant cult following in the real world (same for Jean and Logan etc...) here on CBR and throughout the interwebs.
    ...Just an observation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm happy to have Xavier back in charge. He thinks big, but did Hickman really have to regress Cyclops' characterisation? Cyclops doesn't have to call Xavier sir
    Cyclops has major daddy issues. It doesn’t surprise me at all that he calls Magneto and Xavier sir.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 10-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Ask the humans to stop mass producing genocidal killer robots, or space stations with an artificially intelligent genocidal killer robot that can manufacture more genocidal killer robots.
    How about the writers actually come up with something original for a change rather than repeating the same thing over and over? These are fictional characters and it’s the writers who choose to keep writing these cynical tales on everything.

The art is so much better than I thought. The colours really help. The dialogue on the other hand is... something.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules