Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

The art is great, but the dialogue is way too “hardline manifesto” for my tastes. Seems robotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess my issue with the whole "superhumans are weapons against mutants" is that a lot of the superhumans didn't want to be the way the way they are and many of them are in some sort of hiding.

Ben Grimm certainly doesn't love being a giant rock monster, Spiderman has even been conflicted on what he is, and then you have people like Deadpool who were forced into their powers against their will.

It just seems like now the mutants are being racist against a bunch of people who never asked to be what they are.
    I think people are buying too much into superhumans are the x-men enemies. FF, avengers aren't mutants enemies

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think people are buying too much into superhumans are the x-men enemies. FF, avengers aren't mutants enemies
    Tell that to half the X-boards who seem to genuinely buy into the opposite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No it didn't and Creed was obviously shown as being in the wrong. They even made a law against killing humans and punished Creed because that's how bad he was. Also PoX specifically calls the combination of humanity with technology in attempt to divert from mutants. It's a very specific process. It's not about every super-powered individual and especially not those who got their powers via uncontrolled accidents. The FF's origin have nothing to do with mutants.
    Torch first line is literally calling them thieves and Reed later says Creed inflicted possibly lethal injuries. They attacked in reaction to the fact mutants stole data from DC. Not to mention they technically had no right to arrest Creed at all due to the amnesty. But the main point isnt whether Creed deserved it or not but why the FF were so complacent abt their research being used to create a doomsday device that would have exterminated both humans and mutants if the XMen didnt sacrifice their lives to destroy it. Burying their head in sand and acting like they dont have an issue with mutants as long as theyre not required to help them = complicity with the people trying to eradicate them.

Captain America was literally created by Weapoon Plus whose goal is mutant extermination. Stark created sentinels and the Forge which was used to build Mothermold.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It's going to be interesting when Dr. Gregor comes face to face with Cyclops again!

And in none of her ten lifes did Moira try an alliance with people like Reed Richards or Steve Rogers.
    Its always "us versus them" or "us alongside them" but never "there is no us and them".
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Honestly, this looks pretty good for the most part. I'm usually not a fan of Yu's art, but it's decent in these preview pages. As for the dialogue, it reads like any other introduction issue of new series, a jump on point if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Tell that to half the X-boards who seem to genuinely buy into the opposite.
    People still didn't got over AvX. FF, avengers aren't there for destroying the mutants

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And in none of her ten lifes did Moira try an alliance with people like Reed Richards or Steve Rogers.
    Its always "us versus them" or "us alongside them" but never "there is no us and them".
    For me thisis the mistake Moira did in all the lives

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Captain America was literally created by Weapoon Plus whose goal is mutant extermination. Stark created sentinels and the Forge which was used to build Mothermold.
    It doesn't mean it is Steve objective eliminate the mutants. Stark isn't the avengers and he is shady AF, but the forge was used wihtout him knowing
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-11-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Torch first line is literally calling them thieves and Reed later says Creed inflicted possibly lethal injuries. They attacked in reaction to the fact mutants stole data from DC. Not to mention they technically had no right to arrest Creed at all due to the amnesty. But the main point isnt whether Creed deserved it or not but why the FF were so complacent abt their research being used to create a doomsday device that would have exterminated both humans and mutants if the XMen didnt sacrifice their lives to destroy it. Burying their head in sand and acting like they dont have an issue with mutants as long as theyre not required to help them = complicity with the people trying to eradicate them.

That's because they are thieves and it's nothing to do with them being mutants and everything to do with them being villains. You'd get the exact same response if it were the Wrecking Crew. You're trying to spin this as some anti-mutant thing and the FF have never been anti-mutant. It's not because they are mutants, it's because they are villains.
    You do know that no one knew about space Mother Mold right? That the only reason the X-Men know was because of Moira's experience in past lives and the stolen info. You're asking the FF to know about something that was intentionally kept hidden from them?
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-11-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Wasn't there ONE life were they all banded together? I thought there was a page with all sorts of heroes on it. Anyone help me with a scan?

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else think that Hickman did not have the Mother Mold boot up just to give a few last words and the X-Men are about to find out?

Well I mean Moira has lived through 10 lifetimes of mutants being massacred by humans and no non-mutant superhero every attempted to lift a finger to help the mutants, why expect they'd help if you ask?

Like there's a literal government agency whose whole purpose is to build machines that will commit genocide and where are the avengers? Probably the same place they were when Genosha and post-M Day happened. Washing their hands of it all and sending thoughts and prayers.

Wasn't there ONE life were they all banded together? I thought there was a page with all sorts of heroes on it. Anyone help me with a scan?

They banded together to fight Magneto and Moira because he was attacking humans. I believe the line was something about the human hero and their misguided idealistic ideas of 'goodness of humanity prevailing'

BANNED

They all banded to take down Magneto and Moira. I think she calls the XMen traitors to their own species in her narration lmao

Extraordinary Member

I thought that scan was when she sided with Magneto, X-Men and the rest of the world's heroes banded together against Magneto, and we do not know how that life turns out other than Moira dies trying to escape prison(?).