Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I love that they make a list of the characters involved in the story.
    Can skip this one without being afraid to miss something.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Art? OK.

Storm and Cyclops as equals, respecting each other while kicking ass. As it should be.

Boo to Storm and Cyclops sounding like human-hating, mutant supremacist cultists. This is honestly the most jarring and disturbing part of the new X-era.

Boo to 'Prestige'. Just call her Rachel.

Yay to Cecilia Reyes!

Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

"I'm always careful. Its part of my charm" lol

That was great.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Wow Scott and Ororo are militant. I guess dying on the Orchis space station has pissed everyone off. I guess it doesn't help that you are attacking a factory where they make mutant killing robots, it's kind of like attacking a Nazi death camp and being horrified at the things you find there and what the people were actually planning to do.
    I totally understand the situation they're in and what they're up against, indeed.

Now with that being said, them being, as another poster put it, Storm and Cyclops sounding like disturbing mutant supremist cultists... is something that I'm still not quite on board with...

Niffleheim

"Man should know when he's beaten" Wow! I love that now there is a clear distinction between man and mutant.

Oh no, Scott and Ororo are being creepy cultists again...

And lol, Prestige is still a thing?

They sound passionate, aggressive, frustrated, and impatient. I will go with the flow and see when we read the whole thing.

Why do people keep calling them supremacists?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I love that they make a list of the characters involved in the story.
    Can skip this one without being afraid to miss something.
    I wish all team books did that (Avengers currently doesn't, but the three books before Aaron took over did. DC never does it, as Young Justice is the only one to even have a recap page to my knowledge). Though I'm not surprised, as remember, all the X-Men team titles since ANADM at least have had a roster page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ororo and Scott working together makes my heart race

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They sound passionate, aggressive, frustrated, and impatient. I will go with the flow and see when we read the whole thing.

Its more about the feeling.

them saying that they are confronting some kind of epic adversary "the best it has to offer" and at the same time disregarding them like nothing because man should know when he is beaten.

I think the speech is made intentional.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The dialogue was fine to me but if Hickman can improve it that's fine. I don't blame Storm for being so over this **** and Cyclops has been referring to Xavier and Magneto as "Sir" since HOX so that doesn't bother me. Can't wait for next week along with Aero #4
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Jeee this stuff was painful to read, it's like a twilight zone episode
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I suppose there's a limit to how much they can hammer home things like "the humans are beaten," "the humans are being hatefully destructive," "the humans don't know when to give up," before it starts getting a little tiresome for some readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I suppose there's a limit to how much they can hammer home things like "the humans are beaten," "the humans are being hatefully destructive," "the humans don't know when to give up," before it starts getting a little tiresome for some readers.
    It's honestly turning me off
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The dialogue was fine to me but if Hickman can improve it that's fine. I don't blame Storm for being so over this **** and Cyclops has been referring to Xavier and Magneto as "Sir" since HOX so that doesn't bother me. Can't wait for next week along with Aero #4
    Yeah, I'm digging it, and it wasn't too bad as a beginning scene setup in a 1st issue.

While others obviously hate the more aggressive stance, I always hated it when the X-Men kept their "let's all get along and sing kumbaya no matter what" attitude and found it really frustrating. They didn't sound anything but sick-and-tired with an group that was actually dedicated to exterminating them.
    Last edited by Astroman; 10-10-2019 at 12:51 PM.