Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s some real cult speak right there. Someone should’ve sicced a Sentinel or two on those Nazi muties.
    I see only an exasperated man… very human to me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hey, people said they missed Claremont, so Hickman gave you long-winded speeches in the middle of fast-paced action.
    not that way

Some X-men fans: The X-men are cold and cultish

Happy2.jpg

Happy.jpg

In the actually X-men book: X-men throw a party and all are happily alive and safe on their island away from persecution. Mutants have the potential for romance and kids because they are in safe space.

I don't see any cultish, evil, brainwashed speech. My only problem with the dialogue is that it feels too much like exposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Storm seemed pretty tired in the previews too. idk I might have to read the whole issue but the X-Men from 1965 to 2019 have seemed like a cult to me. How dare they not want to be exterminated by the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Some X-men fans: The X-men are cold and cultish

Happy2.jpg

Happy.jpg

In the actually X-men book: X-men throw a party and all are happily alive and safe on their island away from persecution. Mutants have the potential for romance and kids because they are in safe space.
    Post scans of Storm's hype woman speech during the naked clone re-introduction and 'One Of Us' indoctrination ceremony held after the suicide attack on the solar station.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Storm seemed pretty tired in the previews too. idk I might have to read the whole issue but the X-Men from 1965 to 2019 have seemed like a cult to me. How dare they not want to be exterminated by the humans.
    Well, fighting for your survival is not a sign of morality or an open mind… it's just wanting not being dead.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Hickman actually said this?
    He said there were 92 mutants on Krakoa and 91 were villians or some such thing.

At the end of the day based on how the story is presented i can't say individual humans are wrong. Humans do not have the powers of their evolutionary better mutants, the only thing they can rely on at this point to keep going forward is technology. Technology is what will set humans apart from mutants and allow them to forge their own path the same as being able to stand on two feet and think was able to make man move from ape. At the end of the day from a mutant perspective it can be seen as a mutant hanging with a human is the same as a man hanging out with apes. Now i'm not saying thats right but i am not saying it's wrong. The leap is that big when you think animal vs. man and man vs. mutant in terms of what that change does. And if mutants are evolving to respond to the enviorment the only way humans can really survive the change will be to rely on mutant protection or become their own gods and decide for themselves.

So in a sense is a wrong for a young person to tell an older person to go sit in a corner his work is done, even if the young person is right.

At the end of the day despite whatever side your on the end of humanity means the end humans. And mutants are clearly being presented in this story as the next natural step in human kind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I'm guessing the issue starts off with a flashback of Xavier and Cyclops considering the "NOW" at the top of the first page.

I have no issues with what the X-Men are doing. I have extreme issues with the attitudes being expressed while those actions are being taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't see any cultish, evil, brainwashed speech. My only problem with the dialogue is that it feels too much like exposition.
    “Ahm nigh on invulnerable while ahm blastin.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    LOL! Yeah, totally. Tycon really made me laugh out loud! This is Hank, he's not chanting in robotic unison about mutant supremacy, he's saying he's sick of the discipline and the X-Men and being unselfish and a hero that helps humans. From now on he just wants to help himself. And he did. He went off to work for a corporation and ended up turning himself blue and furry. That's karma for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    LOL! Yeah, totally. Tycon really made me laugh out loud! This is Hank, he's not chanting in robotic unison about mutant supremacy, he's saying he's sick of the discipline and the X-Men and being unselfish and a hero that helps humans. From now on he just wants to help himself. And he did. He went off to work for a corporation and ended up turning himself blue and furry. That's karma for you!
    yeah, Hank is a bit selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

The Krakoa dance party feels very end of Return of the Jedi on Endor to me. Where's the ewoks singing Yub Nub?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He said there were 92 mutants on Krakoa and 91 were villians or some such thing.
    Hickman isn't known to take interviews very seriously.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    "How dare you get fed up from the people who constantly persecute, condemn, and exterminate your kind." Seriously? This is where were at?