Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Let me just remind you fellas that the real life Nazis were taken down by an alliance of The British Empire, USSR, USA (in ascending order of nations declaring war). The British Empire was a racist, white-supremacist nation-state, that oppressed people across the globe, the USSR was led by Stalin of whom less-said-the-better, and USA was a segregated nation that during the war sent Japanese Americans to internment camps.

What that means is that opposing Nazism doesn't mean that one side has to be entirely squeaky clean and morally pure.

In other words, it's okay to the find the X-Men of Krakoa a little problematic, dubious in methods and choices, and still think that Orchis is worse, which they are.

I don't think everything the X-Men are doing right now is justified nor is it intended to be. Hickman when he wrote New Avengers wasn't entirely on board with the Illuminati and wrote them accordingly. You are supposed to question and feel repulsed by these self-righteous "ends-justifies-means" a--holes.

I mean Xavier's plan involves getting the Hellfire Corporation to smuggle in drugs in nations that don't recognize Krakoa legally. That's more or less what the British did to the chinese during the opium wars. Sure the drugs are life-giving and not habit-forming (or so Xavier tells us they are), but those are dubious means and examples to follow.
    I will admit that I am on the pro-Krakoa side of this argument, but I have to give you kudos for an awesome post. You are right that there are elements here that make you question the X-Men, even I find the gung ho dialogue a bit different for Ororo and Scott. They actually sound like navy seals or marines which is really a different take for them.

When forming a new nation there can be a problem with how aggressive you are about settling old scores. The Americans did this when they tried to invade Canada in 1812 and got their asses kicked all the way to the White House being burned down. I am sure the Americans believed that they were going to be welcomed as liberators in Canada, the problem was that since the War of Independence the British had been trying to keep the colonists in Canada a bit happier so there was a lot of local resistance to the American intrusion into the Canadian colony. There is also the problem of how Americans were treating slaves and Native Americans, so a lot of the African Americans and Native Americans who had crossed into Canada actually assisted the Canadian militias in repelling the American forces.

History can be very complex and if we compare the state of Israel with Krakoa there can be a sense of foreboding that the country is going a bit too far against their enemies.

I still think the Orchis facility represents an imminent terrorist threat and needs to be taken down before any civilians are hurt. But I'll have to see if the X-Men go too far in their attack in the full issue of the comic.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Its beyond me how anyone could protest the XMens actions after Rosenbergs run. They were literally being genocided by regular humans and not in some big event or anything, just casual everyday ethnic cleansing. But they sure are being meanies to the innocent nazis I cant figure out why Hickman please explain?????

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    If by 'bomb' you mean Magneto and Polaris arriving sure. But if you mean a literal bomb, you've lost your senses and 1) the X-Men seldom resort to using bombs to attack people/villains and 2) even with their newfound resurrection abilities I don't foresee Storm being willing to sacrifice herself this way and 3) they are bombs with their powers alone.
    OMG, I know what the Oh **** is, it's Magneto, Polaris, and Jean all arriving by air at the same time. Haha, if I was a bunch of mutant hating terrorists Magneto and Polaris would scare the crap out of me.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah, I'm digging it, and it wasn't too bad as a beginning scene setup in a 1st issue.

While others obviously hate the more aggressive stance, I always hated it when the X-Men kept their "let's all get along and sing kumbaya no matter what" attitude and found it really frustrating. They didn't sound anything but sick-and-tired with an group that was actually dedicated to exterminating them.
    Exactly the X-Men had sat on their hands for years. It's time for them to show the hell out! The X-Men are LONG past that "love thy neighbor bullshit even at the cost of my own"
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

I’m loving these militant, misanthropic X-Men. The only good flatscan is a dead flatscan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Lmao we really are at the stage of #nazilivesmatter huh
    Going to act like you misquoted me, but I could not care less about everyone trying to moralize this preview. It is not like any of them are going to convince any other of them of anything they did not manage to do in 1000+ other pages of posts on this topic.

I guess my problem isn’t so much what the X-men are doing per say but how they read as if they’re really enjoying it. The same way I still support what the Navy Seals are doing against terrorist but was still deeply concerned about the questionable behavior that certain units showed recently.

And most importantly I strongly believe that you have to be careful when using military options to solve problems because if you abandon your belief in order to better combat them, as the X-men are doing you may become what you set out to stop.

So yeah blow the Nazis and other hate groups to kingdom come for all I care but I’d like to be able to keep the moral high ground while we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That's kinda... sad?

But it is sort of fun to find out if people are wildly wrong based on previews I guess
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

OMG, welcome back Snoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I bet you the next page is a big ol bomb getting dropped on them notice the Cyclops line of you have our coordinates and the bad guys looking up and in the opposite direction of Cyclops and Storm and saying oh god!
    The steel curves inwardly against them. Two guesses for who might be showing up.

The real question comes down to if Magneto and Polaris fight with the gloves on here and if the base has something up its sleeve to level the playing field of this battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m loving these militant, misanthropic X-Men. The only good flatscan is a dead flatscan
    #downwithsaps

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Going to act like you misquoted me, but I could not care less about everyone trying to moralize this preview. It is not like any of them are going to convince any other of them of anything they did not manage to do in 1000+ other pages of posts on this topic.
    haha, you know this is going to happen all the time now. We can expect 100's of pages of intense discussion about X-Men comics.

Let the Dawn of X begin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I guess my problem isn’t so much what the X-men are doing per say but how they read as if they’re really enjoying it. The same way I still support what the Navy Seals are doing against terrorist but was still deeply concerned about the questionable behavior that certain units showed recently.

And most importantly I strongly believe that you have to be careful when using military options to solve problems because if you abandon your belief in order to better combat them, as the X-men are doing you may become what you set out to stop.

So yeah blow the Nazis and other hate groups to kingdom come for all I care but I’d like to be able to keep the moral high ground while we do it.
    Imagine thinking the U.S. military has the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The steel curves inwardly against them. Two guesses for who might be showing up.

The real question comes down to if Magneto and Polaris fight with the gloves on here and if the base has something up its sleeve to level the playing field of this battle.
    I really want to see Magneto and Polaris going all out on the facility at least and just tearing the whole thing to pieces along with all the Sentinels. I don't want them to kill people, I just want to see them destroy the Orchis base after the Orchis agents are evacuated.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Lmao we really are at the stage of #nazilivesmatter huh
    If absolutely ridiculous that the X-Men are even being looked as equally bad as the humans trying to kill them on this board. I swear some of the posters here are lowkey Red Skull fans. The X-Men are just tired of being kicked around and no one having zero regard for their lives but themselves. I will never feel sorry for what the X-Men do to the shitty mutant hating humans on Earth 616. The X-Men are fighting for their survival which they wouldn't have too if the damn humans weren't trying to exterminate them
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account