Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    X-Men always justify their radicalisation as “defence mode” but naah they are radicals.

Oh and the whole X-Force too, it’s hard to call em “heroes”
    They literally pushed themselves to an island because they were being flanked from all sides and had just lost Xavier. Dark Reign, Skrull Invasion, founding Utopia, Bastion, Leper Queen, Necrosha, Bishop were those not all “X-Men in defense mode” plots? And who was X-Force killing? Oh yeah, these guys:

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm pretty sure ORCHIS activated a genocidal machine factory before Krakoa declared war on them.
    Crazy how people are forgetting not only that but the evil scientist was willing to activate Mother Mold even though it was insane, which could’ve resulted in all of mutants being destroyed.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The X-Men proactively defending themselves

Some Of Y'all On Here: TERRORIST! MURDERER! CULT PEOPLE! SUPREMACIST!

Evil Humans Who Actively Try To Kill Mutants

Some Of Y'all On Here: Well that's just how the cookie crumbles and the X-Men just gotta accept it
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think he meant it literally. I guess for me even though i'm all in on the mutant side of things i can for the first time in the marvel universe get a clear picture on where humans are coming from now. I can easily see how those in power can manipulate those who lack information into utterly destroying themselves, which is the course humanity is on. And i can easily see how they would resent those who are right despite it because of how it's packaged to them and what they have to give up for it to work verses what the "other" gains.
    Many of the humans' stance towards the mutants is all over the place, but I suppose at it's most direct with the fear of not just destructive mutants, but also being replaced, which is a position Marvels takes and I take as having at least some structure to the madness. I also get the sense that the stances were more varied in the beginning, with some hating the mutants, and some not, though I think Genosha and Decimation are what ultimately ramped it up to what seems like 95% of the humans maliciously hating on all the mutants, and gets to a point that honestly feels ridiculously running around in laps to which I thank Hickman for stopping and potentially helping the X-Men ultimately go in a less hopeless, more varied and interesting path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They literally pushed themselves to an island because they were being flanked from all sides and had just lost Xavier. Dark Reign, Skrull Invasion, founding Utopia, Bastion, Leper Queen, Necrosha, Bishop were those not all “X-Men in defense mode” plots? And who was X-Force killing? Oh yeah, these guys:.
    Everyone was getting flanked. Not the Xmen alone. The X-Force was so controversial it pissed off Storm and had to be dismembered. Didn’t they go after a kid?

Btw the image didn’t show.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The X-Men proactively defending themselves

Some Of Y'all On Here: TERRORIST! MURDERER! CULT PEOPLE! SUPREMACIST!

Evil Humans Who Actively Try To Kill Mutants

Some Of Y'all On Here: Well that's just how the cookie crumbles and the X-Men just gotta accept it
    I’m a human uk. I don’t betray my kind, I’ll make all kinda excuses.

They literally pushed themselves to an island because they were being flanked from all sides and had just lost Xavier. Dark Reign, Skrull Invasion, founding Utopia, Bastion, Leper Queen, Necrosha, Bishop were those not all “X-Men in defense mode” plots? And who was X-Force killing? Oh yeah, these guys:

Crazy how people are forgetting not only that but the evil scientist was willing to activate Mother Mold even though it was insane, which could’ve resulted in all of mutants being destroyed.
    And I'm glad that sort lopsided, ridiculously tiring writing has seemingly been done away with, for a long time anyway, thanks to Hickman.

Everyone was getting flanked. Not the Xmen alone. The X-Force was so controversial it pissed off Storm and had to be dismembered. Didn’t they go after a kid?

Btw the image didn’t show.
    Norman went after and jailed mutants. Leper Queen kidnapped mutants. Bastion...you get the point.

X-Force wasn’t controversial because they were the bad guys, they were controversial because they were a black ops death squad that Cyclops his from his closest friends and allies. And I’m talking about Utopia, so the X-Force that Kyle and Yost wrote.

Norman went after and jailed mutants. Leper Queen kidnapped mutants. Bastion...you get the point.

X-Force wasn’t controversial because they were the bad guys, they were controversial because they were a black ops death squad that Cyclops his from his closest friends and allies. And I’m talking about Utopia, so the X-Force that Kyle and Yost wrote.
    Norman was out to get everyone. Tony had to go through worse ****, the X-Men/mutants weren’t the only victims.

Umm, yea, they were bad and controversial. Utopia was radicalised too, they had child-soldiers. They were molding young impressionable children as solider. That’s fked

Norman was out to get everyone. Tony had to go through worse ****, the X-Men/mutants weren’t the only victims.

Umm, yea, they were bad and controversial. Utopia was radicalised too, they had child-soldiers. They were molding young impressionable children as solider. That’s fked
    Okay, that doesn’t mean that the X-Men weren’t on the defensive. They were fighting against HAMMER, who were planning on capturing mutants and experimenting on them. Osborn announced that Utopia was a “prison colony” and all mutants were “traitors” and that seems pretty directed imo.

Who was being molded? It was fcked up that the New X-amen had to fight for their lives, but that shouldn’t be pinned on Cyclops. They were fighting against the same anti-mutant people that blew up their friends. Also, calling X-Force “bad” just to call it that doesn’t make it so. X-Force’s existence was a necessity even if Cyclops didn’t go about it the right way. Who else was gonna save Surge and Hellion from blowing up the United Nations building because the Sapien League drugged them with the Legacy Virus?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Acolytes are the best isolationist zealot cult analogy for what the X-Men seem to have become. Amelia Voght literally praying to Magneto's dented helmet parallels the adoration of the clones for me: creepy and overtly cult-y.

I'm sure Hickman is fully aware of exactly how this is all coming off. It's obviously intentional. I hope this is a phase the X-Men can eventually move past, not the new normal. I'd expect this sort of casually superior, brutally dismissive, and coldly xenophobic attitude from the Inhumans, not the X-Men.
    Agreed and yes I hope this is just a plot point Hickman is doing for the story, I donīt like it but I want to see where is going.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel
    I’m pretty sure before HoM, Xmen wanted to kill Wanda or something violent. Point is, they were loco.
    Nah, pretty sure it was Dr strange who put her in coma during Avengers dissasemble and it was the Avengers who invited the X-men and Xavier to decide her fate before HoM and still even with Captain America and Iron Man they went to "talk" with her bringing the Sentry with them, during that talk at most it was Emma and Wolverine who agreed with killing her the other X-men didnīt said anything, after everything was said and done the worse the X-men have done to her is not letting her into one of their reunions during a crisis on the "No more Humans" story by Mike Carey.

X-Men always justify their radicalisation as “defence mode” but naah they are radicals.
    They donīt justify anything, they just do whatīs neccesary when they get these kinds of attacks unless you are saying that being radical is the same as people taking a self defense stance when they are being attacked.

Oh and the whole X-Force too, it’s hard to call em “heroes”
    Well on this I agree that black ops are not heroic or pretty but the X-men hardly are the only marvel "heroes" to resort to this type of groups tbh.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Anyways, someone told me that despite this seemingly big status quo change, that this will all eventually get reset.

If that's the case, then I'll say that if eventually turns out they lose their nation and seats of power, then fine, but I still hope that things like the Genosha incident, Decimation, and the Human Council don't happen over and over again to the point of pigeonholing the X-Men into a corner again. There's a limit to how much I'd care to read through that type of material before I lose interest and go back to reading older X-Men, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Anyways, someone told me that despite this seemingly big status quo change, that this will all eventually get reset.
    Was it History?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Storm and Cyclops the best in the game and the only two to figure in the preview. Hmm. Guess it's Marvel Girls time to nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Storm and Cyclops the best in the game and the only two to figure in the preview. Hmm. Guess it's Marvel Girls time to nap.
    I guess Marvel Girl is easier for Moira to manipulate than post-Phoenix Jean Grey.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Was it History?
    If by history, you mean history repeating itself, then probably.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    True, i don't find Krakoa as sinister as other posters, but it's clear (at least to me) that there is something about this whole situation that isn't quite right, i think that the X-Men are going along with this a little too well. Is strange that so far, only Logan has shown any reservations about this idea and that has do more with bringing the villains in.
    More reason to believe Moira has logan in her pocket?