Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Wait wait, I got it

℞ or Rx

all I hear is these aren't MY X-Men

some of you are dramatic AF

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems the people that disliked HOX/POX also dislike this preview. Shocking.
    When someone dislikes something for a while, they usually just end up looking for more things to dislike. To each their own I guess.

I've been one of the many calling for NEW. We're getting NEW and I'm loving it. Ready to watch it unfold.
    Couldn't agree more.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Love the team and the mission but I agree Stormīs and Cyclops dialogue sounds off, without heart, even at their worse time the X-men usually have had little moments of warm and heart between them but this just makes Ororo and Scott sound like cold mutant supremacists, like the early Acolytes imo and thatīs just not who they are. I hope this is a case of marvel changing their dialogue or maybe a point of the story Hickman is doing because this just sounds off, especially for Storm who is supposed to still love Black Panther, a normal human being and king of one of the nations who rejected Krakoaīs drugs, this just sounds completely off for Storm considering her story imo. I also dont think this is because they are "clones" or at least Scott is, neither itīs because they are working with Magneto, he canīt put words on their mounth and he has worked with the X-men for the last 10 years without making them sound like that, but I will wait and see where this is going.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-10-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Ya know, after reading what you just typed about being tired, for some reason I can't help but think back to X-Men #8 all the way back in 1964.

Maybe he's addled from the mindwipe there? That scene is just after they return home at the end of Extermination.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can kind of see why hickman see the x-men as the villians based on this preview though. Someone is basically telling you "okay your done now, just enjoy life nature has it from here." but people want to create. But the X-men aren't wrong.
    I sorta agree with Hickman, Ever since X-men’s “let’s kill Wanda cuz she’s mentally ill” i can’t help but view em differently. I won’t necessarily call them villains BUT they aren’t heroes either. These past decades they’ve been radicals and too extreme to be on the “Heroes” side. Good to know Hickmans acknowledges that too.

The whole “92 mutants on Krakoa and 91” villains is chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I sorta agree with Hickman, Ever since X-men’s “let’s kill Wanda cuz she’s mentally ill” i can’t help but view em differently. I won’t necessarily call them villains BUT they aren’t heroes either. These past decades they’ve been radicals and too extreme to be on the “Heroes” side. Good to know Hickmans acknowledges that too.

Good to see that them going to kill Wanda wasn't a red flag only for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post

I don't think he meant it literally. I guess for me even though i'm all in on the mutant side of things i can for the first time in the marvel universe get a clear picture on where humans are coming from now. I can easily see how those in power can manipulate those who lack information into utterly destroying themselves, which is the course humanity is on. And i can easily see how they would resent those who are right despite it because of how it's packaged to them and what they have to give up for it to work verses what the "other" gains.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The X-men didnīt want to kill Wanda, they wanted to punish her for HOM, after the decimation, before that it was mostly the Avengers, Xavier and Dr Strange who didnīt know how to deal with her situation.

The X-men of Utopia werenīt radicals, they were in a defensive mode and there were a lot of reasonīs for that, because they were attacked constantly and even at that time they didnīt sound like in this preview.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Pretty Much....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Love the team and the mission but I agree Stormīs and Cyclops dialogue sounds off, without heart, even at their worse time the X-men usually have had little moments of warm and heart between them but this just makes Ororo and Scott sound like cold mutant supremacists, like the early Acolytes imo and thatīs just not who they are. I hope this is a case of marvel changing their dialogue or maybe a point of the story Hickman is doing because this just sounds off
    The Acolytes are the best isolationist zealot cult analogy for what the X-Men seem to have become. Amelia Voght literally praying to Magneto's dented helmet parallels the adoration of the clones for me: creepy and overtly cult-y.

I'm sure Hickman is fully aware of exactly how this is all coming off. It's obviously intentional. I hope this is a phase the X-Men can eventually move past, not the new normal. I'd expect this sort of casually superior, brutally dismissive, and coldly xenophobic attitude from the Inhumans, not the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They’re going to do what?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Eh, people can dislike what they want. Doesn't mean it can't be constructive, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Only psychopaths didn’t see it as red flag *sorry folks*

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think he meant it literally. I guess for me even though i'm all in on the mutant side of things i can for the first time in the marvel universe get a clear picture on where humans are coming from now. I can easily see how those in power can manipulate those who lack information into utterly destroying themselves, which is the course humanity is on. And i can easily see how they would resent those who are right despite it because of how it's packaged to them and what they have to give up for it to work verses what the "other" gains.
    Ye true, Mutants are fed up, humans are paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The X-men didnīt want to kill Wanda, they wanted to punish her for HOM, after the decimation, before that it was mostly the Avengers, Xavier and Dr Strange who didnīt know how to deal with her situation.

The X-men of Utopia werenīt radicals, they were in a defensive mode and there were a lot of reasonīs for that, because they were attacked constantly and even at that time they didnīt sound like in this preview.
    I’m pretty sure before HoM, Xmen wanted to kill Wanda or something violent. Point is, they were loco.

X-Men always justify their radicalisation as “defence mode” but naah they are radicals.

Oh and the whole X-Force too, it’s hard to call em “heroes”

Idk but the Xmen were always grey.

So I like what Hickman is doin, them being “cult-ish” is what I want.