Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

[QUOTE=BitParallel;4626521Dang! What he do doe?[/QUOTE]

Duggan did nothing. I was referring to the shytt anullment and subsequent battle between Storm and T'Challa during the AvX rubbish event.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I've never been so excited about a #1 AND so not excited about the lineup on launch. Let's get the Summers reunion over with lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But I don’t think that humans wanting to be greater than they are, on its face, he problem that mutants are fighting against. What the Librarian is insinuating is that the homo novissima is a direct cause of humans’ hatred of feeing obsolete in the face of mutantkind. Where that ends and where genuine human curiosity starts is something I’m not really sure about nor know if there is any real distinction when talking about how that will lead to the homo novissima. But, it was added that machinery like the Sentinels and Nimrod were used explicitly to keep mutants down (and possibly even exterminate them if possible) while they continue to forge their own path in evolution.

Aggression against the mutants is ultimately what defeats them because we wouldn’t know a timeline where mutants start to integrate the same technology into their own self (I guess we are starting to see that with Xavier, to tremendous results) or what that could result in. And biologically, mutants are given the advantage based on the power sets they’re all given because all their mutations are in essence “nature’s self-defense mechanisms” against an invading species. While ingenuity of the human mind is a powerful thing, as we’ve seen multiple times when Doom finds a way to achieve godhood or how Iron Man gets a new suit to do whatever, each mutant is given something that helps them survive whatever change is happening in their space. Humans throw Mother Mold and Mutants get Moira to find a way to defeat that with the nature of her power.

And to the “everlasting life” thing, I don’t believe that is something that could ever be achieved with humans. While what has happened leads them to becoming homo novissima and I’m sure there’s some human who’s achieved some sort of immortality in Marvel, whenever we see the end of the universe, it’s always a mutant that tends to outlive everything. I do agree that the X-amen shouldn’t take their victories for granted, but I don’t think they’re wrong for thinking the way they do, especially with how good they’ve got it now.
    I understand your points. I understand why you feel that way. I came to a different conclusion with my interpretation of Hickman’s storytelling. You’re looking just at the hate that mutants are currently facing. That’s understandable, but I feel you’re missing the point of Moira’s secret, her reasoning for not resurrecting Destiny and keeping all mutant precogs away from Krakoa. Moira is actively protecting the facade that mutants inherit the earth from their human ancestors. You want to look at it as every invention known to man was designed in some way to attack mutants. It was not. Most tech that humans above Forge’s mutant weight class are capable of building have all been created to extend human life in some way and ultimately protect their mortal form.

Tony Stark has tech specifically designed to extend his life. We saw that in his movies. It’s not like he is using that tech to exterminate mutants, but he is using it to adapt to life as a mortal. All humans do not despise mutants. Homo novissima wasn’t just responsible for destroying all homo superior life, they destroyed Homo sapiens as well. Humans brought about their own destruction, but we know that was not intentional. The answer cannot be that simple. The same fear of going extinct whether it be from Galactus, Thanos, an asteroid, an ice age, global warming, or any number of other extinction level events you can name; they are met by humans that use their brainpower to come up with solutions, most commonly some type of tech designed to extend human life. That fear is all rooted in the unknown. It’s the very reason humans believe in an afterlife. No human knows what comes after. All we can do is guess and fight like hell to live another day.

Essentially that is what mutants are facing. They are fighting the human nature of self preservation in its most mundane form. Humans want to live. They don’t just want to live, they want to thrive. Who wants to die? No one really does. People want to live on. Even if it means living on as a legacy, people want to leave their mark on the world. They want their presence felt. They want to see representation of themselves. I’m also describing artistic expression. Humans want a meaningful way of interacting with the world. Humans have limitations, though. Their only way of surpassing their human limits is to add upgrades to their beings. That’s why I referenced Tony Stark, T’Challa, Reed Richards, Dr. Doom and a host of other inventors. They all create tech that in some ways is designed to increase their life span (and potentially alter their evolutionary path, survival of the fittest and all).

It is very easy to boil mutantdom’s demise down to simple hate and fear of people with special powers. It’s easy to see prejudice as the ultimate big bad, but you would be doing yourself and Hickman’s story a huge disservice imo. Mutants will always be in competition with humans with ideas of using knowledge to push past the mortal coil. Those pushes to beat the eternal enemy, death, will ALWAYS be part of the human condition. The push to conquer or defy death will always see humans invent so type of tech to aid in their endeavors. That urge to defeat death is very understandable because mutants want the same thing. Humans will never not invent tools to aid in their search for everlasting life. That urge to fight and push through certain death is a divine human right. Every life form has the right to protect their very existence. Mutants cannot fight that. In order to beat that unrelenting human desire to live on in the face oblivion, mutants would then need to examine their unrelenting human desire to want to live on in the face of oblivion AND ABANDON ALL HOPE. Moira Knows it. Magneto knows it. And so does Charles. That is the reason Destiny and all other precogs will be kept away from Krakoa at all costs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I understand your points. I understand why you feel that way. I came to a different conclusion with my interpretation of Hickman’s storytelling. You’re looking just at the hate that mutants are currently facing. That’s understandable, but I feel you’re missing the point of Moira’s secret, her reasoning for not resurrecting Destiny and keeping all mutant precogs away from Krakoa. Moira is actively protecting the facade that mutants inherit the earth from their human ancestors. You want to look at it as every invention known to man was designed in some way to attack mutants. It was not. Most tech that humans above Forge’s mutant weight class are capable of building have all been created to extend human life in some way and ultimately protect their mortal form.

Tony Stark has tech specifically designed to extend his life. We saw that in his movies. It’s not like he is using that tech to exterminate mutants, but he is using it to adapt to life as a mortal. All humans do not despise mutants. Homo novissima wasn’t just responsible for destroying all homo superior life, they destroyed Homo sapiens as well. Humans brought about their own destruction, but we know that was not intentional. The answer cannot be that simple. The same fear of going extinct whether it be from Galactus, Thanos, an asteroid, an ice age, global warming, or any number of other extinction level events you can name; they are met by humans that use their brainpower to come up with solutions, most commonly some type of tech designed to extend human life. That fear is all rooted in the unknown. It’s the very reason humans believe in an afterlife. No human knows what comes after. All we can do is guess and fight like hell to live another day.

Essentially that is what mutants are facing. They are fighting the human nature of self preservation in its most mundane form. Humans want to live. They don’t just want to live, they want to thrive. Who wants to die? No one really does. People want to live on. Even if it means living on as a legacy, people want to leave their mark on the world. They want their presence felt. They want to see representation of themselves. I’m also describing artistic expression. Humans want a meaningful way of interacting with the world. Humans have limitations, though. Their only way of surpassing their human limits is to add upgrades to their beings. That’s why I referenced Tony Stark, T’Challa, Reed Richards, Dr. Doom and a host of other inventors. They all create tech that in some ways is designed to increase their life span (and potentially alter their evolutionary path, survival of the fittest and all).

It is very easy to boil mutantdom’s demise down to simple hate and fear of people with special powers. It’s easy to see prejudice as the ultimate big bad, but you would be doing yourself and Hickman’s story a huge disservice imo. Mutants will always be in competition with humans with ideas of using knowledge to push past the mortal coil. Those pushes to beat the eternal enemy, death, will ALWAYS be part of the human condition. The push to conquer or defy death will always see humans invent so type of tech to aid in their endeavors. That urge to defeat death is very understandable because mutants want the same thing. Humans will never not invent tools to aid in their search for everlasting life. That urge to fight and push through certain death is a divine human right. Every life form has the right to protect their very existence. Mutants cannot fight that. In order to beat that unrelenting human desire to live on in the face oblivion, mutants would then need to examine their unrelenting human desire to want to live on in the face of oblivion AND ABANDON ALL HOPE. Moira Knows it. Magneto knows it. And so does Charles. That is the reason Destiny and all other precogs will be kept away from Krakoa at all costs.
    But how long will it take for another race, example, the next step of mutants appear?? a race that also wants to live?? One that will also fight for dominance. The mutants can achieve dominance, but they cannot expect stay in the top and unharmed forever.
    Last edited by Omnihallows; 10-14-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    But how long will it take for another race, example, the next step of mutants appear?? a race that also wants to live?? One that will also fight for dominance. The mutants can achieve dominance, but they cannot expect stay in the top and unharmed forever.
    They havent even gotten off the bottom yet....
    GrindrStone(D)

Essentially that is what mutants are facing. They are fighting the human nature of self preservation in its most mundane form. Humans want to live. They donÂ’t just want to live, they want to thrive. Who wants to die? No one really does. People want to live on. Even if it means living on as a legacy, people want to leave their mark on the world. They want their presence felt. They want to see representation of themselves. IÂ’m also describing artistic expression. Humans want a meaningful way of interacting with the world. Humans have limitations, though. Their only way of surpassing their human limits is to add upgrades to their beings. ThatÂ’s why I referenced Tony Stark, TÂ’Challa, Reed Richards, Dr. Doom and a host of other inventors. They all create tech that in some ways is designed to increase their life span (and potentially alter their evolutionary path, survival of the fittest and all).

It is very easy to boil mutantdomÂ’s demise down to simple hate and fear of people with special powers. ItÂ’s easy to see prejudice as the ultimate big bad, but you would be doing yourself and HickmanÂ’s story a huge disservice imo. Mutants will always be in competition with humans with ideas of using knowledge to push past the mortal coil. Those pushes to beat the eternal enemy, death, will ALWAYS be part of the human condition. The push to conquer or defy death will always see humans invent so type of tech to aid in their endeavors. That urge to defeat death is very understandable because mutants want the same thing. Humans will never not invent tools to aid in their search for everlasting life. That urge to fight and push through certain death is a divine human right. Every life form has the right to protect their very existence. Mutants cannot fight that. In order to beat that unrelenting human desire to live on in the face oblivion, mutants would then need to examine their unrelenting human desire to want to live on in the face of oblivion AND ABANDON ALL HOPE. Moira Knows it. Magneto knows it. And so does Charles. That is the reason Destiny and all other precogs will be kept away from Krakoa at all costs.
    What it is the endgame then?

Mutants and the X-Men destroy humanity: not going to happen

Humans destroy Mutants: not going to happen.

Human genetic path is averted: well, this is going to happen but how ?? if humans will always fear mutants and will always thrive for survive how can they avoid this human-machine synthesis ??
    Besides, we know that humanity will never stop the eugenics investigation.

Mutants segregated themselves from the human world: this is currently the most logical outcome but presents two problems.

1. I doubt that Disney acquire the X-Men rights only for Marvel to separate them from the rest of franchises in the comics.

2. Still, Humans are going to sired Mutants no matter what, Mutants are tied to the Human world.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-14-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

but it can happen at any time

BANNED

I thought Hickman answered your question beautifully with homo novissima. They’re basically a “Brainiac” type species. Their human thirst for knowledge and everlasting life remained after the rest of their humanity was stripped away.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol isn’t the idea of Krakoa a direct contradiction of these words? Don’t disrespect Hickman, BroHomo.

Spectacular Member

I thought Hickman answered your question beautifully with homo novissima. They’re basically a “Brainiac” type species. Their human thirst for knowledge and everlasting life remained after the rest of their humanity was stripped away.

Lol isn’t the idea of Krakoa a direct contradiction of these words? Don’t disrespect Hickman, BroHomo.
    I was referring to a race created naturally not by machines

BANNED

I was referring to a race created naturally not by machines
    Where does human nature go against Mother Nature? Are you an advocate for amputees, transgenders, plastic surgery or in vitro fertilization?

Spectacular Member

Where does human nature go against Mother Nature? Are you an advocate for amputees, transgenders, plastic surgery or in vitro fertilization?
    hmmmm, this gives a lot to think about, and no I'm not against, is that by using machines, we become more machine than human

"I like writing stories that force readers to take a hard position. I’m okay if dueling fans argue about who’s right and who’s wrong, I don’t mind if they fight about it. The more passion the better.

If you read House of X and came away thinking the mutants are the bad guys, great. If you read the book and think they’re the good guys, super. I’m fine either way."

We have fallen into the hands of The Hickman. Well done team!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "I like writing stories that force readers to take a hard position. I’m okay if dueling fans argue about who’s right and who’s wrong, I don’t mind if they fight about it. The more passion the better.

If you read House of X and came away thinking the mutants are the bad guys, great. If you read the book and think they’re the good guys, super. I’m fine either way."

We have fallen into the hands of The Hickman. Well done team!
    Yep, 47 pages of debate and counting. And this is just the preview! Wait till the full issue comes out!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yep, 47 pages of debate and counting. And this is just the preview! Wait till the full issue comes out!
    I love it!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just as long as it's not 47 more pages of the same debates.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!