Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Tony has been back for over a year and he didn't take care of things, resulting in his invention being directly responsible for the genocide of mutantkind (and later humanity).

But we already know from AvX that Tony is a human supremacist, so it's no surprise he don't care.
    Would anyone be that surprised if Stark was one of ORCHIS investors?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Would anyone be that surprised if Stark was one of ORCHIS investors?
    Didn't he have some involvement with the ONE Sentinels?

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    That's sort of what happened in Life 6, yes, with a dash of Life 9, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Moira has seen mutants lose over and over again, and the one constant has always been the role played by the killing machines. Sentinels and Nimrods, either exterminating mutantkind themselves or holding the line until post-humanity can make themselves replacement-proof.

So why not try the one thing she's never tried before? United mutantkind + evolved machines? Use the advanced knowledge she's gained through her multiple lifetimes to mess with the base programming of the Sentinels at source and introduce code that would eventually evolve them into allies of mutantkind without the humans noticing? 'Something' happened to the programming of the original 616 Nimrod to turn him against mutant genocide, didn't it? And the timeline he came from was an extension of the normal 616. Something similar happened to the wild-sentinel that attacked Genosha. Danger herself is a walking, talking test-case for a hyper-evolved artificial intelligence choosing to side with her fellow mutants. If that's Moira's plan it would certainly explain why she's so adamant about her no pre-cogs rule. A future where mutants and machines together exterminate superhumanity would be... problematic for a lot of the X-Men, to say the least.
    Okay but in order for Moira to do that she would also have to forget the original intent of the sentinel is to kill mutants and it evolved beyond that and was able to reason the only way to truly get rid of mutants, the natural evolution of humanity is to either stop humans from evolving (post humans) or to wipe out humanity yourself.

Now lets say Moira changes the programming of sentinels without anyone noticing and they are allies of mutants. All that does is buy mutants time the same way all creating chimeras did was buy them time because at the base level the problem isn't the machines themselves. It is humanity lack of wanting to go into that cold night. It is humanity's very free will that is the problem. There are no omega technopaths because humans are creative and clever enough to find a way. The only solution Moira really has for this to work imo is to get enough humans on the side of humanity, to get in front of this and show humanity this isn't man vs mutant this is the creator vs. his creation for dominance but it's not man vs. machine it's man vs. god and man is mad.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

He designed the new models I think + his buddy Rhodey was squad captain.

I try to repress memories of that era as much as possible but there were Stark Sentinels running around during Axis I think?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Didn't he have some involvement with the ONE Sentinels?
    Well weren't the ONE Sentinels the products of SHIELD and Tony was head of SHIELD when in the Decimation era? I think he was there when they tested the prototypes on the Hulk Android.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed and yes I hope this is just a plot point Hickman is doing for the story, I donīt like it but I want to see where is going.

Nah, pretty sure it was Dr strange who put her in coma during Avengers dissasemble and it was the Avengers who invited the X-men and Xavier to decide her fate before HoM and still even with Captain America and Iron Man they went to "talk" with her bringing the Sentry with them, during that talk at most it was Emma and Wolverine who agreed with killing her the other X-men didnīt said anything, after everything was said and done the worse the X-men have done to her is not letting her into one of their reunions during a crisis on the "No more Humans" story by Mike Carey.

They donīt justify anything, they just do whatīs neccesary when they get these kinds of attacks unless you are saying that being radical is the same as people taking a self defense stance when they are being attacked.

Well on this I agree that black ops are not heroic or pretty but the X-men hardly are the only marvel "heroes" to resort to this type of groups tbh.
    And some think HiX-Man's dialogue is cringe-worthy? Even from the little I read Fraction was the Drama-Queen of Cringe.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And some think HiX-Man's dialogue is cringe-worthy? Even from the little I read Fraction was the Drama-Queen of Cringe.
    I believe that scan was Carey, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well weren't the ONE Sentinels the products of SHIELD and Tony was head of SHIELD when in the Decimation era? I think he was there when they tested the prototypes on the Hulk Android.
    Decimation era ONE sentinels were just mechs piloted by people; they were tools, hell sentinels as a whole are just tools (except when they're dumb enough to let A.I. run the whole operation.); and there is nothing inherently wrong with having anti superhuman counter measures.

During the Decimation era they were actively trying to protect the school (but constantly undermined in their efforts by the X-men themselves), and one of them actually went to demon infested limbo and back to rescue the students... then Bishop murdered them all when he infected them with those sentinel nanobots.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-11-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Fraction dialogue was pretty bad but this really be how Storm talks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Decimation era ONE sentinels were just mechs piloted by people; they were tools, hell sentinels as a whole are just tools; and there is nothing inherently wrong with having anti superhuman counter measures.

During the Decimation era they were actively trying to protect the school (but constantly undermined in their efforts by the X-men themselves), and one of them actually went to demon infested limbo and back to rescue the students... then Bishop murdered them all when he infected them with those sentinel nanobots.
    They also attacked the X-Men, the 198, endangered Surge's life, pilots were perving on female students and Psylocke altho she might have been into it. Sentinels are never a good thing.

They also attacked the X-Men, the 198, endangered Surge's life, pilots were perving on female students and Psylocke altho she might have been into it. Sentinels are never a good thing.
    They're not good, they're not bad; they're tools. They are how others choose to use them.

There are already mechs and robots in this universe that don't have that same stigma; and the only real difference is branding.

The pilots conducts are entirely down to the fact that, people are people. You might as well just say the militarily is inherently bad.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-11-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Torch and Thing attacked them as they were fleeing from DC and called them thieves. Theres no indication they knew Creed had killed the guards, its only Reed who brought it up later. So they simply attacked them for stealing from a facility they themselves know is shady and have tried to prevent from acquiring their inventions in the past.

Moreover, they could have asked Scott what was stolen or investigated themselves instead of dumping Creed in jail and calling it a day. HoX #1 datapage told us most of DC acquisitions are Richards and Starks inventions so you'd think the FF would feel concerned. But since its mutie business they cant seem to be bothered.
    Seriously? Your claiming the FF have some problems with mutants because they fought Sabertooth, Toad, and Mystique? Acting like they are fighting Jean or something....

Plus the FF were called because the attacks alarms were raised. They knew Creed killed people, and they knew he was stealing plus he is killer so there is nothing at all wrong with what they did. The council of Krakoa even punished Creed, the FF aren't in the wrong at all. Remember how they reacted when Scott showed up? It wasn't by attacking him.
    Also, Damage Control is an extension of the government. It's not easy to get back things confiscated by the government, especially if the items have been deemed a threat to the country. We don't know how many hoops the FF have to jump through to try and get that stuff back as that's not apart of the story.

Acting as if the FF have problems with mutants... lol
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-11-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They're not good, they're not bad; they're tools. They are how other chose to use them.

There are already mechs and robots in this universe that don't have that same stigma; and the only real difference is branding.

The pilots conducts are entirely down to the fact that, people are people. In this case soldiers ordered to do a job.
    They were literally designed to commit genocide tho? Even comparing the 198 situation to armed cops stationned at schools isnt apt. Its like hiring klansmen to stand guard in a black or brown neighborhood. Which I guess is just regular cops. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Seriously? Your claiming the FF have some problems with mutants because they fought Sabertooth, Toad, and Mystique? Acting like they are fighting Jean or something....

Plus the FF were called because there attacks alarms were called. They knew Creed killed people, plus he is killer so there is nothing at all wrong with what they did. Also, Damage Control is an extension of the government. It's not easy to get back things confiscated by the government, especially if the items have been deemed a threat to the country. We don't know how many hoops the FF have to jump through to try and get that stuff back as that's not apart of the story.

Acting as if the FF have problems with mutants... lol
    The story clearly frames the FF as antagonistic to mutant cause. Which gels perfectly with established continuity. Add in PoX #6 reveal that current super powered people are humanity's attempt to screw over natural order to engineer their evolution themselves. It's a pretty clear picture.

The story clearly frames the FF as antagonistic to mutant cause. Which gels perfectly with established continuity. Add in PoX #6 reveal that current super powered people are humanity's attempt to screw over natural order to engineer their evolution themselves. It's a pretty clear picture.
    No it didn't and Creed was obviously shown as being in the wrong. They even made a law against killing humans and punished Creed because that's how bad he was. Also PoX specifically calls the combination of humanity with technology in attempt to divert from mutants. It's a very specific process. It's not about every super-powered individual and especially not those who got their powers via uncontrolled accidents. The FF's origin have nothing to do with mutants.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I wonder what role Corsair will have given that he is a human working with Krakoa....

Extraordinary Member

I guess my issue with the whole "superhumans are weapons against mutants" is that a lot of the superhumans didn't want to be the way the way they are and many of them are in some sort of hiding.

Ben Grimm certainly doesn't love being a giant rock monster, Spiderman has even been conflicted on what he is, and then you have people like Deadpool who were forced into their powers against their will.

It just seems like now the mutants are being racist against a bunch of people who never asked to be what they are.