Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    How are they closing themselves off? They're literally giving drugs to help humans with health issues.

How is this any different from them living in that mansion? It's just that now they have a land to call their own and they need to rebuild the mansion after humans blow it up for the 58964th time.
    I don't get the segregation argument. Mutants having their own home....there's nothing wrong with it.
    Now when and if they take Krakoa off-planet then I'll be able to see the segregation argument lol.
    Because when they had the mansion, mutants were still free to live elsewhere. Laura had an apartment downtown. Emma has a home in New York and San Francisco.

But instead writers went to most extreme possible degree, and now segregation is literally the only way mutants can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because when they had the mansion, mutants were still free to live elsewhere. Laura had an apartment downtown. Emma has a home in New York and San Francisco.

But instead writers went to most extreme possible degree, and now segregation is literally the only way mutants can survive.

Well Krakoa isn't saying, "if you are mutant, you are obligated to live here" and that is not the case.
    There is nothing extreme about moving out of an enviroment that constantly puts you, your friends and family in danger.

Mutants have always been hunted, what on Earth did you all think would happen?
    And given Moira's past lives, things definitely seem...appropriate. *shrugs*.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That seems more so segregation than coexistence. I mean that’s kind of like saying that segregation is a form of coexistence only because both sides still exist in a general area but are separated. Coexistence would involve them mixing in the population rather than just closing themselves off from everything not them.
    Again, coexistence, if only in the loosest of terms. That's still an interesting way of putting though, and I suppose the difference between real-life segregation and mutant segregation is the the mutants are imposing segregation, if you can indeed objectively call it that, on themselves so they can feel more safe instead it being forced on them. I suppose it's also fair to say that mutants integrating with humans isn't quite the same relationship as black people integrating with white people in real life, as many Earth-616 humans were written with more over the top hostility towards the mutants.

Mutants are still free to live elsewhere. Where are you getting that they cannot? And hasn't it been stated that part of what the New Mutants will be doing is acting as a liaison to mutants who choose not to live on Krakoa, so that they can still receive support? I believe so.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That seems more so segregation than coexistence. I mean that’s kind of like saying that segregation is a form of coexistence only because both sides still exist in a general area but are separated. Coexistence would involve them mixing in the population rather than just closing themselves off from everything not them.
    Murdered in the streets, anti-mutant rallies by politicians, a vaccine to destroy the species. Sure, if you want to call it segregation that's fine but it's currently necessary.

P.S. Betsy will be Captain Britain while still a citizen of Krakoa. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.
    Last edited by JB; 10-12-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Murdered in the streets, anti-mutant rallies by politicians, a vaccine to destroy the species. Sure, if you want to call it segregation that's fine but it's currently necessary.
    I'm tired of it!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

P.S. Betsy will be Captain Britain while still a citizen of Krakoa. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.
    Can't say it enough times is that what I think is really necessary... is that the writing gets more enjoyable and improves from what previous writers have done...
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-12-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Obviously real world segregation doesn't apply to 616 since 80% of the people are literal Klansmen advocating for the mass extermination of mutants.

Obviously real world segregation doesn't apply to 616 since 80% of the people are literal Klansmen advocating for the mass extermination of mutants.
    Doing nothing while people are being killed doesn't necessarily mean your advocating for it. It just means while it's happening your doing nothing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Default r

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I mean, it's still possible to build mansions and training schools inside Krakoa, isn't?
    They have a whole seperate place for training apparently. I hope they do have a school but i want them to bring in accredited teachers. There must be some writer out there foaming at the mouth for a book where humans come to the school on krakoa for a few hours a day and teach students. IF done well it could be a gem.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Can't say it enough times is that what I think is really necessary... is that the writing gets more enjoyable and improves from what previous writers have done...
    Really just seems like the writing taking things to the opposite extreme rather than finding a balance. It really shouldn’t be either doom and gloom or separation from the world. That’s the thing that gets me. Even the whole thing with Moira’s other lives apparently showing that mutantkind always loses, that’s a product of Hickman’s story to justify such an extreme. In that regard, while he may have built mutantkind up, it was more on doom and gloom than hope.

BANNED

I really enjoy how Hickman has played with the idea of mutantdom’s selective segregation. When the mutant population is strong as a whole and can thrive as a culture, then they make the global economy better. Hickman is going to great lengths to show this. When one thinks about delicate balance that’s in play in places like the Serengeti, then you have to rethink your ideas of competition and coexistence. Competition breeds conflict. Opposing forces always collide where a shared resources come into play. Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs and Hyenas all prey on the same types of animals. They have their own lanes, but the occasionally come into conflict. Elephants, Rhinos and Buffalo all eat the same types of food and occasionally they come into conflict. Hippos and Crocodiles share the same space and their close quarters invites conflict occasionally as well. On the whole, all these different species coexist with one another because they ultimately have their own lanes.

The human imagination is both our saving grace and our most dangerous weapon.

What percentage of the world would you be okay with wanting to exterminate you and people like you?
    GrindrStone(D)

Really just seems like the writing taking things to the opposite extreme rather than finding a balance. It really shouldn’t be either doom and gloom or separation from the world. That’s the thing that gets me. Even the whole thing with Moira’s other lives apparently showing that mutantkind always loses, that’s a product of Hickman’s story to justify such an extreme. In that regard, while he may have built mutantkind up, it was more on doom and gloom than hope.
    I think that Hickman want to show radicalization that is why h egoes to the extreme. on Hox 2 there is a part that says the experience radicalized her

History is written by the winner. Integration is also determined by the dominant. Simple put fans want assimilation, not coexistence when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Cohabitation has always been on humans terms which means mutants give up stuff to be part of the world, In fact it passes just giving up stuff it is completely to lose yourself into the culture. Native Americans had to change their way of life to "coexist" with the colonists. People never think what another society gives to exist with others.

Coexist- I live by my neighbor and I don't say jack to them and I don't interact with them but we are living in peace
    Assimilation-I dress and act like my neighbors, I give up with makes my culture unique to blend into them

X-men/Xavier's dream is always bit of BS, The terms to living peacefully with means no unique mutant culture and other things. Mutants separating themselves adding "value" to their culture means that if you truly want to peace with and live them. Humans have adapt to them and integrate mutant culture into their society. More cohabitation ala couple when they come together in an apartment/house the give up each of their stuff and merge together. Mutants have always been expected to assimilate give up most things they have which is why mutants and minorities have been abused in these situations. Again when Mutants are ready to reintegrate into the human world it will be on their terms. Living in peace with humans has never been a fair exchange for mutants.

Truthfully mutants have been around they would have naturally gravitated to each other they would have honestly be more Genoshas, Tians and District X /mutant towns around the world especially with the prejudice. Hickman had to speed and create something that should have been around. This set up honestly should have been happening on Genosha without scifi aspects of the story. The X-editors kept feeling the need to reduce the mutant population not understanding real-life minorities, for example, the US has 327 million people and Black people make up 12 percent, Latino/Hispanic make up 16 percent, White makes up 72 percent. They thought they need to reduce mutant population to make them feel like a "minority". 42 million out of 327 million is small. Mutant worldwide was less than 20 million(?)
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-12-2019 at 08:37 PM.