Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Got to be honest...I’m extremely hyped for Dawn of X but those preview panels just seem off. Not liking the tone and just seems to lack any life. Just seems like characters going through the motions explaining things to a reader. Very bland.

Still got faith in Hickman after everything he accomplished setting up Dawn of X but really not feeling those first few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. Let's completely ignore the fact that superheroes can't get involved in each others plots in order for the story to work to rip on the flatscan heroes.

lol.

Damage Control is independent from the US government. Also they being in possession of Richards' and Stark's work was only established in House #1.
    I doubt they're actually ripping on them merely rebuffing other posters claims that the human heroes who are basically virtue signalling their "Fight for mutants" are the godsend answer to Moira's dilemma. But I agree I'm not condemn them as actively wishing mutants harm just not a party of the Mutants world when it comes to their "struggle"
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think people are buying too much into superhumans are the x-men enemies. FF, avengers aren't mutants enemies
    I think you are right Spirit. In Rachel's 811 universe the Sentinel/Human alliance rose very early compared to the 616 and caught everyone unprepared. The X-Men were decimated in a coordinated attack. Then 2 years later the Sentinel/Human Alliance ordered the execution of all Superhumans hero or villain and the Sentinels were deployed against the Avengers, FF, etc...

There was that mini series in the 811 that was Magneto, Logan, and Emma. It took place after the death of the Avengers and FF. Magneto was trying to stop Fitsroy's Hellfire Club from using Wanda to warp the planet to destroy the machines. The devastation of their plan would result in a massive loss of life. The Hellfire Club used a controlled Psylock/Red Queen to erase Logan's mind and Magneto took Logan to Emma's hidden island. Emma had retreated from the world after the Massachusetts Academy was destroyed and all of her kids were killed. She was a little bit crazy in that she talked to herself all the time and was always having conversations with her dead students. She was functional enough to help restore Logan's mind and then Logan and Magneto took down the Hellfire Club. Emma even helped them, but they kind of had to hold her hand through it because she was pretty broken in that universe. After the Hellfire Club was defeated Emma did her best to fix Psylocke and then they sent Betsy to live with Brian because she was catatonic after what the Hellfire Club did to her. Wanda died as the only way to stop the destruction, Logan and Magneto had no choice but to kill Wanda. Magneto's legs were crushed in the battle and he was confined to a wheel chair after this. After they defeated the Brotherhood Logan, Magneto, and Emma formed the new American Resistance against the Sentinel/Human alliance. However, later Emma died in the attack that captured Magneto and took him to the concentration camp. Logan escaped to the resistance in Canada.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. Let's completely ignore the fact that superheroes can't get involved in each others plots in order for the story to work to rip on the flatscan heroes.

lol.

Damage Control is independent from the US government. Also they being in possession of Richards' and Stark's work was only established in House #1.
    You re applying real life reasoning to explain charaters motivations which is really not what this conversation has been about.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think you are right Spirit. In Rachel's 811 universe the Sentinel/Human alliance rose very early compared to the 616 and caught everyone unprepared. The X-Men were decimated in a coordinated attack. Then 2 years later the Sentinel/Human Alliance ordered the execution of all Superhumans hero or villain and the Sentinels were deployed against the Avengers, FF, etc...

There was that mini series in the 811 that was Magneto, Logan, and Emma. It took place after the death of the Avengers and FF. Magneto was trying to stop Fitsroy's Hellfire Club from using Wanda to warp the planet to destroy the machines. The devastation of their plan would result in a massive loss of life. The Hellfire Club used a controlled Psylock/Red Queen to erase Logan's mind and Magneto took Logan to Emma's hidden island. Emma had retreated from the world after the Massachusetts Academy was destroyed and all of her kids were killed. She was a little bit crazy in that she talked to herself all the time and was always having conversations with her dead students. She was functional enough to help restore Logan's mind and then Logan and Magneto took down the Hellfire Club. Emma even helped them, but they kind of had to hold her hand through it because she was pretty broken in that universe. After the Hellfire Club was defeated Emma did her best to fix Psylocke and then they sent Betsy to live with Brian because she was catatonic after what the Hellfire Club did to her. Wanda died as the only way to stop the destruction, Logan and Magneto had no choice but to kill Wanda. Magneto's legs were crushed in the battle and he was confined to a wheel chair after this. After they defeated the Brotherhood Logan, Magneto, and Emma formed the new American Resistance against the Sentinel/Human alliance. However, later Emma died in the attack that captured Magneto and took him to the concentration camp. Logan escaped to the resistance in Canada.
    What story is the 2 year thing from? In the original they took them all out in one go.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They knew their inventions had been reappropriated by the same government that made anti mutant vaccination mandatory like three months ago. What could have possible gone wrong? I thought Richards was supposed to be super smart or sthg.
    What? Their inventions were taken by the government. What are you wanting them to do exactly? Because I'm pretty sure they are trying everything they can to get them back.

I like it but the dialogue does feel to exposition. If there has to be exposition, it has to be in the voice of the characters.

Other than that, Scott and Storm are being fabulous. Can't wait to see how the rest of the Roster does.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What story is the 2 year thing from? In the original they took them all out in one go.
    There have been so many revisits to the timeline story. Most of the fill in the blanks comes from Excalibur and the Days of Future Past Logan mini series with Magneto, Logan, and Emma. But the X-Men were taken down first because the enacted law at the beginning was mutants who resisted permanent detention could be executed on site. The law was later changed to also include all superhumans regardless so the Avengers, FF, Spiderman, and the villains were all hunted down and killed. It was never mentioned but it's very possible that the FF died much earlier. Franklin survived the initial attack on the mansion, but he was later captured after Rachel was fully programmed as a hound. They used Rachel to capture Franklin and several of the X-Men. They used Rachel a lot against the X-Men, of course that's the whole point, it demoralizes the mutants to use other mutants to hunt and kill them, to have their children being programmed as weapons to kill their own family. Ahab was pretty sadistic and he loved using Rachel to hunt people she was connected to. Of course that would bite Ahab in the ass later because Rachel was absorbing residual memories from the people she killed and eventually she was able to break her programming sometime just after she killed her Uncle Alex and Aunt Lorna. When they went back to base Rachel turned on Rory Campbell and threw him into a computer console with all of her power, it exploded and took out his legs, arms, part of his torso and half his face. The Sentinels rebuilt him as a cyborg because they didn't want to lose their best houndsmaster.

BANNED

What? Their inventions were taken by the government. What are you wanting them to do exactly? Because I'm pretty sure they are trying everything they can to get them back.
    Its funny bc Mystique and co didnt have too much trouble retrieving the data. Maybe the FF should try harder. Ofc you're always less motivated when its not your head on the chopping block.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Fraction dialogue was pretty bad but this really be how Storm talks tho.
    In X-Men TAS, perhaps (not Claremont's definitive Storm), but decades of Claremont can attest to the real truth of the matter.
    While Storm always ad a more formal lilt to her voice and speech pattern, she never spouted atrociously overblown poetry while in combat.

Opening sequence aside, I'm excited to see how the rest of the issue plays out.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-11-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Its funny bc Mystique and co didnt have too much trouble retrieving the data. Maybe the FF should try harder. Ofc you're always less motivated when its not your head on the chopping block.
    They just have to break the law and kill people to save people from a threat they didn't know existed. Why didn't they think of it before?

They must secretly hate their mutant friends and family.

I wish there was a roll eyes smiley...
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-11-2019 at 08:56 AM.

BANNED

They just have to break the law and kill people to save people from a threat they didn't know existed. Why didn't they think of it before?

They must secretly hate their mutant friends and family.

I wish there was a roll eyes smiley...
    Xavier only found out thanks to Sleeping Giant which is made up of mutant technopaths. We've been told in HoX #1 that even the strongest mutant technopath wasnt as good as Richards/Stark. So clearly if Sleeping Giant found out, Richards could have. Again that's assuming he gave a damn. Which again, all thats in the story indicates he don't. If that clashes with whatever other book he appears in, I dont really care since I didnt read those.

Xavier only found out thanks to Sleeping Giant which is made up of mutant technopaths. We've been told in HoX #1 that even the strongest mutant technopath wasnt as good as Richards/Stark. So clearly if Sleeping Giant found out, Richards could have. Again that's assuming he gave a damn. Which again, all thats in the story indicates he don't. If that clashes with whatever other book he appears in, I dont really care since I didnt read those.
    I'm done with this argument. The FF don't hate mutants or the X-Men and honestly nothing I could say would change the minds of some fans because frankly, many want the other heroes to be mutant haters and would spin anything to make it look so. Where were the FF during [insert mutant tragedy]? Space. The FF are explorers who spend 90% of the time in space with the other 10% being attacked by Doom or the cosmic threat of the week.
    Even when the X-Men themselves have not treated the FF as if they were antagonistic, you'll still get fans saying otherwise. Whatever, I'm done. I know that the FF and many other heroes are not anti-mutant at all and it's been shown that they are not. That's all that matters.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I'm done with this argument. The FF don't hate mutants or the X-Men and honestly nothing I could say would change the minds of some fans because frankly, many want the other heroes to be mutant haters and would spin anything to make it look so.
    Even when the X-Men themselves have not treated the FF as if they were antagonistic, you'll still get fans saying otherwise. Whatever, I'm done. I know that the FF and many other heroes are not anti-mutant at all and it's been shown that they are not. That's all that matters.
    I don't think the FF hate mutants either, but they have also not really helped them. They don't really intervene when the humans are rounding up mutants unilaterally and detaining them, depowering them, curing them, executing them. Standing aside while a genocide is taking place around you does make you slightly complicit even if you aren't participating in the genocide, you are doing absolutely nothing to stop it either.

I didn't like Rosenberg's run much, but I thought it was telling that the Avengers were protecting that anti-mutant hate protesters from any mutants who might come to the hate protest event. They were protecting the very people who were calling for the permanent extermination of every mutant on Earth. Black Widow tried to tell Logan that this wasn't his problem and that he shouldn't stand with Scott, but what kind of insane thing is that to say, of course it's his problem, his people are being rounded up and killed and he's just supposed to stand there and watch it happen.

They aren't villains, the FF and Avengers aren't villains, but they are kind of insensitive and complicit with all of the racism that is happening around them.

Astonishing Member

All the triumph of evil requires is do good men to do nothing. And it has been a LONG time since most of those guys were actually good.

The solution then is, presumably, to make use of the leverage of the super-drugs and the connections Gorgon, Selene and Hellfire provide to squeeze the heroes until the baselines and machines destroy their own future for Krakoa

Show them how it feels to be feared and hated by literally everything that lives, to be hunted and enslaved by the people they protect. Will Danny Rand be so quick to look down his nose at the X-Men if a Sentinel flash-fries Pei or K’un-L’un?