Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

The Marvel Universe is a big place that is constantly about to die where we only see snapshots of every character's life in an increasingly compressed timeline. People are very busy! Except Quicksilver. I bet he doesn't do anything important off-panel. Jerk.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If humans are just creating sentinels to protect themselves in general then were were the sentinels during secret invasion? Where were the sentinels when the black order attacked? Where were the sentinels when the demons attacked during inferno? The simple answer to it all sentinels were not programmed to protect humans because if the code worked like that by extension they may protect mutants. They are specifically programmed to kill mutants and gain enough awareness to discover their source, humans.

So why aren't Sentinels simply programmed to protect humans from super powered threats?

Ironically if they were and say a Thor was stopping a human that was committing a robbery said sentinel might attack Thor to protect the humans so it would also be the perfect way to allow humanity to police itself. Though it could open up a human on super human free for all.
    I dunno why Busiek didn't get any pages to address Kang Dynasty fallout, but I'd really love to see the law passed that said PURPLE ROBOTS FOR MUTANTS ONLY after they sent Sentinels to fight Kang and their reward was D.C. getting nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Marvel Universe is a big place that is constantly about to die where we only see snapshots of every character's life in an increasingly compressed timeline. People are very busy! Except Quicksilver. I bet he doesn't do anything important off-panel. Jerk.
    haha, I like the fact that there are actually 3 end time predictions in the comics all at the same time
    1. The universe ends with Galactus and Franklin together as Galactus fades out Franklin becomes the Galactus of the new universe
    2. The Immortal Hulk kills Franklin and Galactus and becomes the new Galactus of the new universe.
    3. The entire Earth is wiped out in the war between the mutants and the human/machine alliance. Eventually the homo novissima replaces all of humanity and is absorbed/assimilated by the Phalanx and all of humanity ends as it becomes part of one of the local Dominions.

Haha, pick your end of the world/universe scenario!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Honestly I try to stick to the stories, and we have had very few where any of this has been touched on, and really the only bad ones come out of the recent Avengers office.

Otherwise I do not think this is something that matters. It is not the story, it is just a flaw in the shared universe. Every super hero not showing up to every problem that who ever stars in their own book has to end up dealing with on their own is just the way things work. It is as accepted as the sliding timescale, characters appearing multiple places at the same time, retcons and birthday parties that do not count anymore.
    It's a rule on the universe that each hero have their own space. X-men writers started to use the flaw against avengers and it broke all the storytelling on universe, to paint avengers as bad guys

BANNED

27 pages for a preview thread.

While I slept, the world has changed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, I like the fact that there are actually 3 end time predictions in the comics all at the same time
    1. The universe ends with Galactus and Franklin together as Galactus fades out Franklin becomes the Galactus of the new universe
    2. The Immortal Hulk kills Franklin and Galactus and becomes the new Galactus of the new universe.
    3. The entire Earth is wiped out in the war between the mutants and the human/machine alliance. Eventually the homo novissima replaces all of humanity and is absorbed/assimilated by the Phalanx and all of humanity ends as it becomes part of one of the local Dominions.

Waid, Hickman and Ewing trying to big brain us to death.
    "Cable was right!"

Again, everything's going to die because Quicksilver chose Instagram over being a superhero or raising his daughter.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the problem isn’t that they’re actually going out and actively crapping in the X-Men. but they are complicit in how mutants are treated because nothing ever gets done about it. and people on here can say it’s because stories can’t overlap or whatever about different properties but that’s just the consequence of a shared universe. especially when, instead of retconning that the Avengers DO help mutants, Marvel itself doubles down on the assumptions that other heroes barely help the X-Men with their cause which led to Children’s Crusade, AvX, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, the Rosencanny confrontations etc etc.
    And I agree with you, 90% (not the complicit part) but which underscores my point...that whether they help or not, nothing changes, nothing will change, unless editorially directed/mandated...and until that happens, any readership angst on the issue is wasted energy.

And given the franchise factions that exist...I would imagine a Spiderman fan, or Thor fan don't necessarily want to read about the Mutant Plight in their stories (the same with some X-fans' attitude when Avengers and others squeeze their way into the X-books)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the problem isn’t that they’re actually going out and actively crapping in the X-Men. but they are complicit in how mutants are treated because nothing ever gets done about it. and people on here can say it’s because stories can’t overlap or whatever about different properties but that’s just the consequence of a shared universe. especially when, instead of retconning that the Avengers DO help mutants, Marvel itself doubles down on the assumptions that other heroes barely help the X-Men with their cause which led to Children’s Crusade, AvX, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, the Rosencanny confrontations etc etc.
    See the thing with that is, it seems less that Marvel doubles down on the Avengers not helping and more so that the X-office does this in order to fan the flames of a victim complex. Because when it comes to larger events of the MU, they tend to get the X-Men involved but when the X-Men have something large scale going on, conveniently, none of the other heroes are available.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Oh he think he cute.
    Spoiler alert: He cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh he think he cute.
    Spoiler alert: He cute.
    Honestly, Marvel must be loving this. All the discussions going on in forums, twitter, and all over the Internet, the X-books are big news now and they are getting massive free press all over social media.

Hickman has certainly succeeded in revitalizing the X-line because now people are seriously talking about it, he is getting top sales for his first 12 books, well reviewed across the board, people are buying 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th printings. Artists are drawing amazing variant covers that get a lot of attention from the fans because of the excellent art.

As a writer I imagine Jonathan Hickman must be pretty happy with how well this is going, the X-Men have taken over the top and are rivalling Batman for dominance again, suddenly the top 10 isn't all Batbooks, and Marvel is actually starting to dominate the top 10 and the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Here more.

1.The Annhilation Wave devours Earth.

2. The Badoon conquer Earth.

3. Old Man Logan, Villains won.

4. The wasteland from where that Daugther of hulk came from (dont remember the name)

5. Did the Cancerverse won in some realities?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Welcome to Ceebeeroa.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And I agree with you, 90% (not the complicit part) but which underscores my point...that whether they help or not, nothing changes, nothing will change, unless editorially directed/mandated...and until that happens, any readership angst on the issue is wasted energy.

And given the franchise factions that exist...I would imagine a Spiderman fan, or Thor fan don't necessarily want to read about the Mutant Plight in their stories (the same with some X-fans' attitude when Avengers and others squeeze their way into the X-books)
    Overall it’s just better storytelling to build drama and tension between hero factions, especially when it parallels real-life allyship v complicity arguments. But to stop it from getting too bad, they should just relaunch Uncanny Avengers or sumthn

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Here more.

1.The Annhilation Wave devours Earth.

2. The Badoon conquer Earth.

3. Old Man Logan, Villains won.

4. The wasteland from where that Daugther of hulk came from (dont remember the name)

5. Did the Cancerverse won in some realities?
    Can I just have Magik be Sorceress Supreme of Earth. I just want that to be canon and not a What If? comic! I want more time with Stephen trying to get Illyana to do things the way he wants and Illyana driving him nuts and falling asleep during meditation sessions.

We should have a three helmet cerebro and call it cerebus