Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The fact we hit that level of darkness is why people are cheering for Age of Moira, warts and all. For a lot of people, it's nice to feel like mutants have a future that isn't an unmarked grave in upstate New York via Sentinel.

Personally, if the X-Men was a 26 episode anime, having them getting their asses kicked with very little hope from episode 1-25, and then having Hickman declare mutants the winner via Moira Ex Machina in Episode 26 doesn't feel right.
    It definitely feels as if someone used a cheat code. The kind that corrupts your data.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahh the good ol' days of riding on floats and cars in your underwear. :-)
    I can't help but wonder why Hulk is only in underwear?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Indeed, and I'm not claiming that the situation was 100% peachy keen for the mutants either when Stan Lee was writing the X-Men in the 1960s, but even though some may say his writing was just "the series attempting to find its footing," I still feel there was more variety in the reactions towards the mutants that added an interesting realism to the complexity of the relations:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Indeed, and I'm not claiming that the situation was 100% peachy keen for the mutants either when Stan Lee was writing the X-Men in the 1960s, but even though some may say his writing was just "the series attempting to find its footing," I still feel there was more variety in the reactions towards the mutants that added an interesting realism to the complexity of the relations:

What i don't get is people act like variables don't exist anymore.

The images you have are of an earlier time in mutant history. At that point humans didn't know exactly who mutants were and if they did they thought there only a small amount. Fast forward a decade later and they are popping up all over the place and your starting to feel inferior and like you are bound to be replaced. So while i do think it is important to show human allies, i do excpect it to be a lot less popular when the average human supporter can become a target as well. I just hope it finally hit the breaking point where we can see some change, some rethinking on the part of humanity. In modern times bendis did a great job of it imo. IT was one of the things i liked most about his run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What i don't get is people act like variables don't exist anymore.

The images you have are of an earlier time in mutant history. At that point humans didn't know exactly who mutants were and if they did they thought there only a small amount. Fast forward a decade later and they are popping up all over the place and your starting to feel inferior and like you are bound to be replaced. So while i do think it is important to show human allies, i do excpect it to be a lot less popular when the average human supporter can become a target as well. I just hope it finally hit the breaking point where we can see some change, some rethinking on the part of humanity. In modern times bendis did a great job of it imo. IT was one of the things i liked most about his run.
    Back then they also thought the X-Men were like the fantastic four a family of kids who got their powers mysteriously.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hickman told us what he was doing was going to be the opposite of what's happened with the X-Men. For the past decade its been them up against the wall, trying to bounce back from genocide, decimation, and the Terrigen cloud. Its been never ending misery for Mutants, and people have been clamoring for the X-Men to come out on top. I'm glad that this run feel's different from what we've been getting. Mutants have been doing the coexisting thing for decades, and after all they've been through these past couple of years, I don't blame them for attempting to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Hickman told us what he was doing was going to be the opposite of what's happened with the X-Men. For the past decade its been them up against the wall, trying to bounce back from genocide, decimation, and the Terrigen cloud. Its been never ending misery for Mutants, and people have been clamoring for the X-Men to come out on top. I'm glad that this run feel's different from what we've been getting. Mutants have been doing the coexisting thing for decades, and after all they've been through these past couple of years, I don't blame them for attempting to shake things up.
    I like the idea of them being able to do world saving missions and then coming home to their families and friends and going down to the local Krakoan bar for a drink after work.
    Jean will sit at the table and tell everyone about the rough day she had tracking a spy.
    Scott will tell how he nearly had a blow up with the Avengers when they were both trying to save the same group of people and they got into an argument about who the best heroes were.
    Logan will say that he finally captured that spy that Jean was tracking and they took down the entire operation.
    Emma will complain that she is swamped with managing the economy and ask if the bar has any wine?

Well said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mutants have been doing the coexisting thing for decades, and after all they've been through these past couple of years, I don't blame them for attempting to shake things up.
    I mean, in a way they're still attempting to do coexistence, with how they still share the same planet with humans and won't kill humans, assuming they'll keep their promise, except that this time Hickman is actually supplying them with the tools necessary to achieve coexistence, if only in the loosest of terms, whereas most previous writers wouldn't seem to throw them many bones, but rather, almost sadistically, give them atrocity after atrocity. Once again, I say I'm glad the "atrocity fetish" that seemed to be going on with previous writers is over if Hickman's current writing is any indication, and I look forward to something more sane and interesting.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-12-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I mean, in a way they're still attempting to do coexistence, with how they still share the same planet with humans and won't kill humans, assuming they'll keep their promise, except that this time Hickman is actually supplying them with the tools necessary to achieve coexistence, if only in the loosest of terms, whereas most previous writers wouldn't seem to through them many bones, but rather, almost sadistically, give them atrocity after atrocity. Once again, I say I'm glad the "atrocity fetish" that seemed to be going on with previous writers is over if Hickman's current writing is any indication, and I look forward to something more sane and interesting.
    Yeah, I mean they aren't 100% done with that, and I believe a future solicitation said something about them saving people.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like the idea of them being able to do world saving missions and then coming home to their families and friends and going down to the local Krakoan bar for a drink after work.
    Jean will sit at the table and tell everyone about the rough day she had tracking a spy.
    Scott will tell how he nearly had a blow up with the Avengers when they were both trying to save the same group of people and they got into an argument about who the best heroes were.
    Logan will say that he finally captured that spy that Jean was tracking and they took down the entire operation.
    Emma will complain that she is swamped with managing the economy and ask if the bar has any wine?
    Those are the stories i want. ll

I don't get it. When most mutants end up saving the world at a time or two besides it being called a nation. How is Krakoa any different than Avengers towers, or Dr. Strange's sactuary? It's not like they just let anybody in there. And it's not like the avengers hang out with humans much themselves. Maybe in a bar or whatever but in general they don't. How many times has hercules said mortals were weak but this dialogue people seem to feel is too much. Having an "Avenger's mansion" where you can have peace is a crazy idea.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't get it. When most mutants end up saving the world at a time or two besides it being called a nation. How is Krakoa any different than Avengers towers, or Dr. Strange's sactuary? It's not like they just let anybody in there. And it's not like the avengers hang out with humans much themselves. Maybe in a bar or whatever but in general they don't. How many times has hercules said mortals were weak but this dialogue people seem to feel is too much. Having an "Avenger's mansion" where you can have peace is a crazy idea.
    I forgot to add that Storm sat down at the table and told everyone that T'Challa gave her a massive headache again and still won't let them sell their flowers in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahh but that's the beauty of it, I don't think the mutants have "won", yet. I'm happy to see them hopefully progress and live somewhat normal lives for a little while. But we know that won't happen without some major challenges.
    Exactly, the progress and the journey is the fun part.
    I'm sure fights, tears and more drama is on the way but all that is necessary to create something worth living for.

I mean, in a way they're still attempting to do coexistence, with how they still share the same planet with humans and won't kill humans, assuming they'll keep their promise, except that this time Hickman is actually supplying them with the tools necessary to achieve coexistence, if only in the loosest of terms, whereas most previous writers wouldn't seem to throw them many bones, but rather, almost sadistically, give them atrocity after atrocity. Once again, I say I'm glad the "atrocity fetish" that seemed to be going on with previous writers is over if Hickman's current writing is any indication, and I look forward to something more sane and interesting.
    That seems more so segregation than coexistence. I mean that’s kind of like saying that segregation is a form of coexistence only because both sides still exist in a general area but are separated. Coexistence would involve them mixing in the population rather than just closing themselves off from everything not them.

I mean, it's still possible to build mansions and training schools inside Krakoa, isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That seems more so segregation than coexistence. I mean that’s kind of like saying that segregation is a form of coexistence only because both sides still exist in a general area but are separated. Coexistence would involve them mixing in the population rather than just closing themselves off from everything not them.
    How are they closing themselves off? They're literally giving drugs to help humans with health issues.

How is this any different from them living in that mansion? It's just that now they have a land to call their own and they need to rebuild the mansion after humans blow it up for the 58964th time.
    I don't get the segregation argument. Mutants having their own home....there's nothing wrong with it.
    Now when and if they take Krakoa off-planet then I'll be able to see the segregation argument lol.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 10-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.