Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I always hated it when the X-Men kept their "let's all get along and sing kumbaya no matter what" attitude eye-rolling.
    Well maybe if the writers didn't constantly make the mutants out to be like ants being stomped on by dinosaurs, write them into a circle over and over again, and that the writing was better handled in general, then maybe it would have been less tiresome for readers to read through.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-10-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The dialogue was fine to me but if Hickman can improve it that's fine. I don't blame Storm for being so over this **** and Cyclops has been referring to Xavier and Magneto as "Sir" since HOX so that doesn't bother me. Can't wait for next week along with Aero #4
    I remember when Xavier asked Cyclops to call him 'Charles' instead of 'sir', it was a good issue.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

I LOVE this Preview.
    I LOVE Ororo and Scott working together as it should and always be. The Diologue to me isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The dialogue was fine to me but if Hickman can improve it that's fine. I don't blame Storm for being so over this **** and Cyclops has been referring to Xavier and Magneto as "Sir" since HOX so that doesn't bother me. Can't wait for next week along with Aero #4
    I agree. I don't blame Storm either i'd be tired too fighting the same thing over and over and over.

Goodness do the X-men sound like a bunch of cultists/terrorists in this.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Goodness do the X-men sound like a bunch of cultists/terrorists in this.
    Really don't know who these people are anymore
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I suppose there's a limit to how much they can hammer home things like "the humans are beaten," "the humans are being hatefully destructive," "the humans don't know when to give up," before it starts getting a little tiresome for some readers.
    It's tiresome for me. Almost unreadable. But it must be intentional. Same with Storm needing a rescue. Since when? Even Scott has to say it. You know, when the characters reference that something is wrong, I think something might be wrong. Storm is acting like a full-on supremacist cult high-priestess. The artist even focuses on the individual faces of the human soldiers. Is this a war already? Or a special-ops mission. If that's Magneto approaching, I don't think Magneto at least cares about the distinction. As for Storm, something isn't quite right. You know with clones, each time there's a cloning, a little something is lost, more and more anomalies crop up in subsequent copies. I wonder if Xavier's plans for mutant immorality might be showing cracks.

Whew, all this from a few Preview pages.

BANNED

ORCHIS is partly made up of literal Nazis but sure go off on the mutant supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    ORCHIS is partly made up of literal Nazis but sure go off on the mutant supremacists.
    'Nazis' vs 'mutants supremacists' ? I guess they are even, so… What do you do in an universe when no one is a good guy?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    . Same with Storm needing a rescue. Since when?.
    Heh...isn't the entire point of having a team is to have people watching your back and rescuing you if you're overpowered or someone takes you by surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Really don't know who these people are anymore
    Agreed they sound more like Apocalypse or the Brotherhood than they do the X-men. And I get what they are going for with the whole humans have been so horrible to mutants that they have a right to be this way but one it doesn’t jive with the rest of the Marvel universe and two sounds like how every radical group ever justified their atrocities. Though I will give them a little leeway because this is a military target.

Does fighting Nazi’s give you the right to slaughter people? Would you be ok with the US government going into a neo Nazi group and shooting everyone in the face? And where do you draw said line? To me it just makes the X-men the mutant version of the ORCHIS.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hickman is writing this and has had Cyclops speak like this during House of X so it's either nuScott's voice or there is still something affecting him from being reborn.

Also, Rachel has to go by Prestige as Jean has retaken the MG moniker for her mutant name, and I think Phoenix is off-limits. So Prestige (Askani or Revenant) are the only other ones left that are solely Rachel's. And most readers wouldn't know the other two so Prestige it is.
    I was really hoping she/HiX-Man would have used Askani...it's a gazillion times better than Prestige and it's a name she's carried before.

The fact that they opened in the middle of a battle scene probably means that the rest of the issue might be arc-setup.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Ok I love that it's Cyclops and STORM attacking the last Orchis base together two of the X-men's best leaders and they rarely get a chance to work together.

That's what I can't understand about the arguments. Are an oppressed people supposed to do nothing to save themselves and stop the oppression. They are defending their people against a racist organization that wants to build weapons to kill all of their people. What is the correct response to that. Building weapons designed to kill a specific people is an act of war, straight out. There isn't any halfway about this. The Krakoan government gained intel that told them about another Orchis base where they were manufacturing sentinels and preparing for an impending attack on Krakoa. The only proper answer to this kind of racism is to destroy the facility and all of it's research. Heck this happens all the time when the US bombs North Korean or Iranian nuclear research facilities to setback their research and prevent them from completing a viable nuclear bomb.

It's definitely different to see the X-Men being proactive and taking these threats down proactively. They are normally reactive to human threats, now they have a nation, they have their own secret service, they have their own spies. They can gather intel on these enemies that are planning to attack them, the can plan their own response and attempt to destroy the research facility and all of the Sentinels. They will probably just turn the Orchis agents over to local authorities if possible.

I guess that's the difference, X-Men isn't a mutant team running out of a school anymore. X-Men are the actual military command of the nation of Krakoa. Cyclops and his team are like the marines or navy seals of Krakoa, they are a strike team that can take out threats against their nation, but they can also run search and rescue and support missions too. Just like the real marines and navy seals there are going to be times where the X-Men actually go on missions to help people around the world.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I am liking that first page showing the characters. Hurray for Polaris being #3 apparently.

I agree that both Storm and Cyclops sound pretty "out of character" and oddly aggressive/militant. I actually like that ethos though but I totally can understand fans finding it jarring especially from Storm.

And yeah the dialogue we were shown was indeed very expository
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY