Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed they sound more like Apocalypse or the Brotherhood than they do the X-men. And I get what they are going for with the whole humans have been so horrible to mutants that they have a right to be this way but one it doesn’t jive with the rest of the Marvel universe and two sounds like how every radical group ever justified their atrocities. Though I will give them a little leeway because this is a military target.
    They are all humans and fighting each others, mutants are not separate from humanity, the only divide should be between decent people and racist ignorant bigots.... powered or not
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Does fighting Nazi’s give you the right to slaughter people? Would you be ok with the US government going into a neo Nazi group and shooting everyone in the face? And where do you draw said line? To me it just makes the X-men the mutant version of the ORCHIS.
    Yikes a Nazi defense force. No one is slaughtering anyone. And even if they were they're a terrorist organization literally created to kill mutants. Sounds like a threat to Krakoan Nation Security to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yikes a Nazi defense force. No one is slaughtering anyone. And even if they were they're a terrorist organization literally created to kill mutants. Sounds like a threat to Krakoan Nation Security to me.
    Yep, and Krakoa sent in their marines/navy seals (aka X-Men) to take down this security threat before any civilians could be attacked. This is the correct military response to a terrorist organization that is planning a mass bombing (Sentinel attack) of your nation.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Does fighting Nazi’s give you the right to slaughter people? Would you be ok with the US government going into a neo Nazi group and shooting everyone in the face? And where do you draw said line? To me it just makes the X-men the mutant version of the ORCHIS.
    This is literally what we did in WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    That's what I can't understand about the arguments. Are an oppressed people supposed to do nothing to save themselves and stop the oppression. They are defending their people against a racist organization that wants to build weapons to kill all of their people. What is the correct response to that. Building weapons designed to kill a specific people is an act of war, straight out. There isn't any halfway about this. The Krakoan government gained intel that told them about another Orchis base where they were manufacturing sentinels and preparing for an impending attack on Krakoa. The only proper answer to this kind of racism is to destroy the facility and all of it's research. Heck this happens all the time when the US bombs North Korean or Iranian nuclear research facilities to setback their research and prevent them from completing a viable nuclear bomb.

It's definitely different to see the X-Men being proactive and taking these threats down proactively. They are normally reactive to human threats, now they have a nation, they have their own secret service, they have their own spies. They can gather intel on these enemies that are planning to attack them, the can plan their own response and attempt to destroy the research facility and all of the Sentinels. They will probably just turn the Orchis agents over to local authorities if possible.

I guess that's the difference, X-Men isn't a mutant team running out of a school anymore. X-Men are the actual military command of the nation of Krakoa. Cyclops and his team are like the marines or navy seals of Krakoa, they are a strike team that can take out threats against their nation, but they can also run search and rescue and support missions too. Just like the real marines and navy seals there are going to be times where the X-Men actually go on missions to help people around the world.
    Not to get too heavy here but did the civil rights movement start bombing clan rallies when they were put right killing them and bombing their churches. Did they bomb the police stations after they beat peaceful protesters to death? I agree this is different but not that much. And again it’s not like Mutants are so innocent in all this. I mean how many acts of war have Magneto and Apocalypse alone committed against humans?

I mean this isn’t like it’s just the X-men building this nation it’s also mass murders who have slaughtered hundreds if not thousands of innocent civilians.

The tone and style of the dialogue reminds me a little of Claremont stuff but the content just clashes with what I would expect Scott and Storm to say in those circumstances. I'd expect Scott to be grim and focused. Joking around on a mission just doesn't feel like him. I'd expect Storm to be in a similar mood. I'd expect righteous indignation if she felt this was justified, but this feels more like cold condescension. Just feels off for both of them. Other's have commented on Scott calling Mags sir which doesn't track for me. Scott may not be King of mutants anymore, but this seems like a stretch. Feels like 80's Scott and Ro to me, but what's coming out of their mouths will take some getting used to.

Nice to see them working together again though. Hopefully the full issue will make some of this make more sense.

Yu putting out some pretty nice pages with this. I was worried if he was rushed but I will admit that this preview looked very good.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's like asking what would you do if you and your troops came across facility that was creating a toxic poisonous gas or a dirty bomb to attack one of your cities. The perpetrators aren't even planning to attack just military installations, they are planning to kill as many civilians as they possibly can. What is the correct response to that?

Extraordinary Member

Mutants cannot be killed.

I’m pretty sure the Nazi’s did a little more than just build up their military when we declared war on them.

Spectacular Member

ORCHIS is partly made up of literal Nazis but sure go off on the mutant supremacists.
    Well Krakoa is lead partially by a literal Nazi (Mr Sinister was a Nazi doctor if I remember correctly).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Well Krakoa is lead partially by a literal Nazi (Mr Sinister was a Nazi doctor if I remember correctly).
    That is indeed a complication but he's on the side of the angels for now
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yep, and Krakoa sent in their marines/navy seals (aka X-Men) to take down this security threat before any civilians could be attacked. This is the correct military response to a terrorist organization that is planning a mass bombing (Sentinel attack) of your nation.
    Honestly I think the real problem here is that the "mutant pride" dialogue is turning a lot of people off but like Cyclops said back in HoX #1 "The world was telling me I was less, when I knew I was more." The mutants are tired of being treated like freaks, aberrations, sub-human, etc. when in fact their the exact opposite.

Their not the one creating death factories/ viruses to constantly wipe out humans after all.

Not to get too heavy here but did the civil rights movement start bombing clan rallies when they were put right killing them and bombing their churches. Did they bomb the police stations after they beat peaceful protesters to death? I agree this is different but not that much. And again it’s not like Mutants are so innocent in all this. I mean how many acts of war have Magneto and Apocalypse alone committed against humans?

I mean this isn’t like it’s just the X-men building this nation it’s also mass murders who have slaughtered hundreds if not thousands of innocent civilians.
    So it's ok to for the humans to build a massive number of Sentinels and to prepare for a genocidal attack on the independent nation of Krakoa without provocation? The Krakoan government has just recently signed peace treaties with a majority of the governments on Earth, they have agreed to the United Nations charter. Has Krakoa engaged in any attempt to take over any other country? Are they invading anyone?

If you acquire intel on an imminent terrorist attack on your nation you then deploy your special forces to take out the base of the terrorists before they strike against your country with their weapons of mass destruction (Sentinels). In this case Krakoa didn't even make a mistake, the Orchis facility was building and preparing for an attack, the intel was correct and viable, this was a confirmed imminent terrorist threat against the independent Nation of Krakoa!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, she can't go back to being Marvel Girl because Jean's using that name.?
    The cast page denies Marvel Girl the use of her mutant name, why the disrespect?