Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yikes a Nazi defense force. No one is slaughtering anyone. And even if they were they're a terrorist organization literally created to kill mutants. Sounds like a threat to Krakoan Nation Security to me.
    Listen I’m not defending Nazis especially not the real ones in WWII I’m just pointing out that hate groups like this exist in real life and we don’t all go to heck with laws roll into every suspected stronghold we know of and shoot them all. Next rally they have drop a bomb on it. It’s just at what point are you as bad as what you are fighting.

Again when Charlottesville happened did the US government go hunt down everyone at the rally and shoot them?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Mutants cannot be killed.
    Well let's be honest if you kill the Five that entire system falls apart lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I’m pretty sure the Nazi’s did a little more than just build up their military when we declared war on them.
    I'm pretty sure ORCHIS activated a genocidal machine factory before Krakoa declared war on them.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Honestly I think the real problem here is that the "mutant pride" dialogue is turning a lot of people off but like Cyclops said back in HoX #1 "The world was telling me I was less, when I knew I was more." The mutants are tired of being treated like freaks, aberrations, sub-human, etc. when in fact their the exact opposite.

Their not the one creating death factories/ viruses to constantly wipe out humans after all.
    Yeah it's getting a bit overtly political for a lot of folks probably

I love it personally though... BUT it might be nice for Hickster to try to explain better the characterization evolution yknow? It does feel "abrupt" compared to recent canon
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Honestly I think the real problem here is that the "mutant pride" dialogue is turning a lot of people off but like Cyclops said back in HoX #1 "The world was telling me I was less, when I knew I was more." The mutants are tired of being treated like freaks, aberrations, sub-human, etc. when in fact their the exact opposite.

Their not the one creating death factories/ viruses to constantly wipe out humans after all.
    Are evil mutants been retconned out of 616 or did I dream the last 40+ years of xmen comics
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The cast page denies Marvel Girl the use of her mutant name, why the disrespect?
    They just meant Rachel can't use Marvel Girl herself, because Jean is currently using that code name.

I still think we are going to find out Rachel and Cable just returned from the future in X-Men #1 and that they have missed most of the formation of Krakoa thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they show up at this Orchis facility and that we find out Cable and Rachel have been running their own missions completely independent of Krakoa and they just happen to run into the X-Men.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Does fighting Nazi’s give you the right to slaughter people? Would you be ok with the US government going into a neo Nazi group and shooting everyone in the face? And where do you draw said line? To me it just makes the X-men the mutant version of the ORCHIS.
    Are they incapacitated or dead? Because they look beat up and incapacitated, not slaughtered. So I think they are proactively taking out a threat with non-lethal measures to ensure that they aren't exterminated. My line is still several yards ahead of were they are as they aren't killing people. Because if they did they would be imprisoned, like Sabretooth. Did people forget the new rules of Krakoa already, or did people have a preview stroke and lose perspective by drinking the hateraid so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Are evil mutants been retconned out of 616 or did I dream the last 40+ years of xmen comics
    I mean PoX #6 literally acknowledged that the Winter Council are "problems" and are there to "keep watch on them"?

Plus what happened with Sabretooth?

But ok

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So it's ok to for the humans to build a massive number of Sentinels and to prepare for a genocidal attack on the independent nation of Krakoa without provocation? The Krakoan government has just recently signed peace treaties with a majority of the governments on Earth, they have agreed to the United Nations charter. Has Krakoa engaged in any attempt to take over any other country? Are they invading anyone?

If you acquire intel on an imminent terrorist attack on your nation you then deploy your special forces to take out the base of the terrorists before they strike against your country with their weapons of mass destruction (Sentinels). In this case Krakoa didn't even make a mistake, the Orchis facility was building and preparing for an attack, the intel was correct and viable, this was a confirmed imminent terrorist threat against the independent Nation of Krakoa!
    I just think that if this wasn’t the X-men doing this you wouldn’t see the situation as so black and white. I also think you dismiss real world dilemmas like where do you draw the line with this reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No, but 80% of the world governments agreed to the amnesty agreement with Krakoa and agreed to extradite all mutants to the island of Krakoa.

Refusing to read preview copy for things I'm buying, reading this board's reactions to the preview copy, and then reading it on release to confirm or reject the forum consensus will be the most thrilling and suspenseful experience in my life for the foreseeable future.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Are they incapacitated or dead? Because they look beat up and incapacitated, not slaughtered. So I think they are proactively taking out a threat with non-lethal measures to ensure that they aren't exterminated. My line is still several yards ahead of were they are as they aren't killing people. Because if they did they would be imprisoned, like Sabretooth. Did people forget the new rules of Krakoa already, or did people have a preview stroke and lose perspective by drinking the hateraid so quickly?
    I bet you the next page is a big ol bomb getting dropped on them notice the Cyclops line of you have our coordinates and the bad guys looking up and in the opposite direction of Cyclops and Storm and saying oh god!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm pretty sure ORCHIS activated a genocidal machine factory before Krakoa declared war on them.
    I’m pretty sure they’d say they activated it because the mutants attacked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Refusing to read preview copy for things I'm buying, reading this board's reactions to the preview copy, and then reading it on release to confirm or reject the forum consensus will be the most thrilling and suspenseful experience in my life for the foreseeable future.
    That's kinda... sad?

But it is sort of fun to find out if people are wildly wrong based on previews I guess

OBEY

I just think that if this wasn’t the X-men doing this you wouldn’t see the situation as so black and white. I also think you dismiss real world dilemmas like where do you draw the line with this reasoning.
    I would say building an army of mutant killing Sentinels to attack a nation is probably the equivalent of building several dirty bombs to use against a city. The level of destruction and death is probably about the same.

If any country in the world found out there was a terrorist organization building 100 dirty bombs to deploy against one of their cities or against several of their cities, that country would deploy their special forces to take the terrorists down before they could attack civilian targets. I will agree that mistakes are often made in these deployments, the wrong building is attacked, civilians are caught in the cross fire. In this situation though the X-Men have confirmed that this is an actual Orchis facility building weapons to use against their country.