Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Imagine thinking the U.S. military has the moral high ground.
    I don't think they have the moral high ground because they do make a lot of mistakes with their proactive strikes.

The difference here is that this is obviously a confirmed Orchis terrorist cell and they are definitely building weapons to deploy against Krakoa. So it's a confirmed target.

However, you might be right in thinking that Hickman might continue the comparison to the American military in future comics and have the X-Men make some mistakes on some of the targets they go after, or show the X-Men getting bad intel that leads them to the wrong location. There are definite ways to show how morally grey proactive military engagement can be.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Imagine thinking the U.S. military has the moral high ground.
    Oh please do share. This ought to be good.

Oh and side note don’t really see where I said they did but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    If absolutely ridiculous that the X-Men are even being looked as equally bad as the humans trying to kill them on this board. I swear some of the posters here are lowkey Red Skull fans. The X-Men are just tired of being kicked around and no one having zero regard for their lives but themselves. I will never feel sorry for what the X-Men do to the shitty mutant hating humans on Earth 616. The X-Men are fighting for their survival which they wouldn't have too if the damn humans weren't trying to exterminate them
    Still the humans would have to fight for their survival against evil mutants, its not a matter or race, it's a matter of racists on both end of the human spectrum dragging all the good inbetween into a fake genetic war for survival
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Me, rationally: Hickman is intentionally writing the X-Men's actions as shady during his run, hinting at something darker behind Moira's machinations

Also me: FUCK flatscan lives Monet St. Croix is skinny

If absolutely ridiculous that the X-Men are even being looked as equally bad as the humans trying to kill them on this board. I swear some of the posters here are lowkey Red Skull fans. The X-Men are just tired of being kicked around and no one having zero regard for their lives but themselves. I will never feel sorry for what the X-Men do to the shitty mutant hating humans on Earth 616. The X-Men are fighting for their survival which they wouldn't have too if the damn humans weren't trying to exterminate them
    No the X-men aren’t but I guess we are just forgetting Magneto and Apocalypse’s history now? I’m pretty sure with Apocalypse in particular no hate group has anything on the Ol’ Purple Genocide machine.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Me, rationally: Hickman is intentionally writing the X-Men's actions as shady during his run, hinting at something darker behind Moira's machinations

Also me: FUCK flatscan lives Monet St. Croix is skinny
    That’s basically my take too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Still the humans would have to fight for their survival against evil mutants, its not a matter or race, it's a matter of racists on both end of the human spectrum dragging all the good inbetween into a fake genetic war for survival
    Also a much better way of putting my take on this.

BANNED

This whole phenomenon where a good portion of the readership identifies with the pretty much irredeemable villains of the story is so bizarre to me.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Because co existing is not an option? What makes folks like Emma, Wolverine, Kate, Kurt, and others any more or less dangerous than The Hulk, Captain America, Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones? Mutants aren't the only individuals with powers and if human terrorist groups didn't exist hellbent on exterminating mutants. There wouldn't be a need for the X-Men to act the way they are now. Also in terms of evil mutants that were the good mutants come in, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Aero, S.H.I.E.L.D., and other Marvel Heroes. It's not like there's no one on Earth 616 to defend innocent humans
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Amazing Member

Statements/Questions:

1. Krakoa is a nation. One that protects itself, and does not allow guests unless invited.

2. Krakoa placed portals into other countries, without those countries' permission. Is that not an act of war?

3. Being a nation caries a lot more weight and restrictions than being a disenfranchised minority within a nation. They are now dealing on a global social-political stage. Infiltrating and attacking citizens on foreign soil is definitely an act of war. Has Krakoa just declared war on this country?

4. Would any country who has had an unwanted portal placed on their soil, or have had the X-Men performing black ops within their country, be in the wrong for retaliating and attacking Krakoa?

Because, when they were just a ragtag team of mutants working to save those who needed saving, then sure.. do what you gotta do. But when you're a country.. Well the rules change. Or at least they should. Yeah, fight the people who want to commit acts of genocide. But if you want to be treated like a real nation. Then maybe don't take shortcuts.

All of this from a preview....

Wow this new direction for the X-Men is going to be fun from the reactions alone.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Because co existing is not an option? What makes folks like Emma, Wolverine, Kate, Kurt, and others any more or less dangerous than The Hulk, Captain America, Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones? Mutants aren't the only individuals with powers and if human terrorist groups didn't exist hellbent on exterminating mutants. There wouldn't be a need for the X-Men to act the way they are now. Also in terms of evil mutants that were the good mutants come in, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Aero, S.H.I.E.L.D., and other Marvel Heroes. It's not like there's no one on Earth 616 to defend innocent humans
    I Still believe that the only way out of this "hole" the collective humankind is digging is to force both extreme to accept that coexistence is the ONLY option
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    Statements/Questions:

1. Krakoa is a nation. One that protects itself, and does not allow guests unless invited.

2. Krakoa placed portals into other countries, without those countries' permission. Is that not an act of war?

3. Being a nation caries a lot more weight and restrictions than being a disenfranchised minority within a nation. They are now dealing on a global social-political stage. Infiltrating and attacking citizens on foreign soil is definitely an act of war. Has Krakoa just declared war on this country?

4. Would any country who has had an unwanted portal placed on their soil, or have had the X-Men performing black ops within their country, be in the wrong for retaliating and attacking Krakoa?

Because, when they were just a ragtag team of mutants working to save those who needed saving, then sure.. do what you gotta do. But when you're a country.. Well the rules change. Or at least they should. Yeah, fight the people who want to commit acts of genocide. But if you want to be treated like a real nation. Then maybe don't take shortcuts.
    How do you know the portals weren't approved embassies?

Technically an Embassy is your countries territory and the nation the Embassy is cannot enter the Embassy without permission. So we know the US signed the Amnesty agreement with Krakoa, and so did Israel, and both of those countries have Krakoan embassies.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Mutants have always policed their own. Sentinels have never saved the day from Magneto or Apocalypse so that argument is pretty flat.

BANNED

The art is meh and the dialogue is pretty good. Cyclops and Storm fighting side-by-side after years of infighting is all I needed. I like that Scott sounds more analytical and Storm sounds perfectly over the top, as she should be
    I take Lorna and Erik are the finishing blow of their strike, yes? So, earthbound ORCHIS is not a problem for the foreseeable future. I guess the problem is if they have other bases in space, apart from Sol's Hammer.