Thread: Original Sin

Default Original Sin

I stopped reading comicbooks right after The Battle of the Atom and I am picking them up again now.

What is this Original Sin story line? I only noticed it when I picked up Uncanny X-Men #23.

Thanks again fellas.

Original Sin starts off with the Watcher being killed and sets up like a murder mystery. Being vague, this leads to deep secrets being revealed.

As for Uncanny, its actually not really tied to the event whatsoever (at least to this point), but secrets being unearthed is thematically similar to Xavier's will.

All-New Member

Speaking of Original Sin... Magik was with the heroes who were in battle with the Exterminatrix and the Orb, or am I wrong ? If so, she should have seen something when the Orb used the Watcher's eye...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinfuma View Post
    Speaking of Original Sin... Magik was with the heroes who were in battle with the Exterminatrix and the Orb, or am I wrong ? If so, she should have seen something when the Orb used the Watcher's eye...
    magik was charged with teleporting civilians out of the building full of mindless ones

kitty, on the other hand, was in the melee that took exterminatrix down (spidey made a point of asking her to pass along the "BTW doc ock was me for a few months" (presumably, since he's already squared things with logan, iceman and firestar)to scott's side of the x-men. odds are she's seen soemthing

am i the only one noticing that, despite the whole war/ignoring their plight/tossing people into a limbo-y hellhole etc, the avengers have far less trouble working with the NXS than the JGS has?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinfuma View Post
    There was no reason given for why her and Kitty were even there and they played no real part in the "event"

I assume they were just in town for pizza.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

So since I predominately read X-Men, I don't need to worry about Original Sin, correct?

Thanks fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    So since I predominately read X-Men, I don't need to worry about Original Sin, correct?

Thanks fellas.
    Yeah until now nothing relevant for the X side of the MU in Original Sin.

It is a pretty decent relatively self contained story. Like another poster noted above, even most of the titles branded with Original Sin banners just have the similar theme of revealed secrets going through them. I believe only Amazing Spider-Man and Hulk/Iron Man have tie ins related to the actual event.