Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Priest tends to bring a level of cynicism to just about any superhero book he writes from what I've read. See his Justice League issues or the Wonder Woman: 18th Letter he wrote.
    Cynical + dark is like double-dipping.
    Sure to weigh the reader down.

I don't mind dark stories as long as there's an optimistic undercurrent that keeps me from throwing my hands up and proclaiming 'Hope is dead!' before drowning myself in ice cream to recover.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    As said, I imagine it being on a large scale as detailed in the OP. Probably two Titans teams, and maybe even a third affiliate team. It'll probably be like his runs on Avengers and X-Men, but with an emphasis on younger heroes, aka the "Junior Justice League".
    Still wouldn't be any guarantee that it wouldn't have the aspects that Lee sees as a downside.

As for what we would each imagine it to be, that might not be worth putting a whole lot of time and effort into. Not like anybody who guessed at HOX/POX was even in the ballpark.

As for the three sets of DC IP he mentioned reading as a kid, "Titans" is last out of those three. Much rather see him on either of the other properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Like who else would you rather have?
    I wouldn’t mind a 2-3 year commitment by any of these guys...:

Fabian Nicieza; see if he can capture that OG New Warriors vibe he did so well. He’s not the brand name he used to be, but i’d be the first one in line to get issue 1.

Jeff Lemire; his work on books like Black Hammer/Essex County/Quantum Age shows he thrives w. group dynamics, and can come up w. off the wall far reaching plots.

Nick Spencer; he’s done team books, and his current Spider-man work shows he can take what’s come before, evoke a sense of nostalgia while still giving us fresh fun exciting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind a 2-3 year commitment by any of these guys...:

Fabian Nicieza; see if he can capture that OG New Warriors vibe he did so well. He’s not the brand name he used to be, but i’d be the first one in line to get issue 1.

Jeff Lemire; his work on books like Black Hammer/Essex County/Quantum Age shows he thrives w. group dynamics, and can come up w. off the wall far reaching plots.

Nick Spencer; he’s done team books, and his current Spider-man work shows he can take what’s come before, evoke a sense of nostalgia while still giving us fresh fun exciting stories.
    Lemire is terrible on Big 2 team books. His JLU was boring, his X-Men sucked, and while I enjoyed his Terrifics the book drastically improved under Yang. Lemire is someone who treats his Big 2 work as a paycheck, like Ellis, he’s not going to commit to renovating the Titans.

Ya, give me a solo Nightwing by Lemire. His stuff gets boring with teams for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lemire is terrible on Big 2 team books...Lemire is someone who treats his Big 2 work as a paycheck...
    This is why I didn’t point to his Big 2 work when talking about him. And yeah, i’ve Pointed out myself how he’ll take books for the paycheck -cough- Sentry -cough- so he can afford to do lower selling indie books he really wants to.
    But Teen Titans aren’t a Big 2 (high profile) team per say.
    It’s been a long time since they were DC’s cash cow under Wolfman & Perez. I’d like to see if the young heroes tickled his muse.

edited post.

Im open to it but it depends on what he does with the title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    As said, I imagine it being on a large scale as detailed in the OP. Probably two Titans teams, and maybe even a third affiliate team. It'll probably be like his runs on Avengers and X-Men, but with an emphasis on younger heroes, aka the "Junior Justice League".
    I don't think 2-3 teams of "Junior Justice League" is a strong premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you think it’s overkill?

Maybe a main Titans book, and relaunched Superboy/Robin/Wondergirl books he could use to weave characters/plot lines in and out of the team one? Or would that be as bad?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's not the premise, it's the execution. 'Junior Justice League' is not what a lot of people want the Titans to be, but it's a solid premise. The problem is that DC hasn't executed any premise(good, average or bad) involving the Titans well and that leads to the terrible stories we've had to put up with for a long time.

The most bizarre and wacky premise can lead to great stories with the proper execution. On the other had poor execution can ruin the best premise. I can list a bunch of series(cartoons,anime, manga, etc.) where a wacky or dumb sounding premise had excellent execution and where a good concept had poor execution and ruined the series.

I didn't mean that part to be taken seriously. I was kind of echoing what Red Arrow said in Young Justice.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would have rather seen Hickman on the Legion of Superheroes instead of Bendis, but that ship has sailed. As for the Titans I think the property just needs to be shelved for a couple years until someone comes up with a great new pitch that is not just a retred of the Wolfman/Perez era to be honest. Sometimes after failed relaunch after failed relaunch a property just needs to sit and let fan interest build back up.

Sometimes after failed relaunch after failed relaunch a property just needs to sit and let fan interest build back up.
    I don’t see it happening.
    CW’s Teen Titans Go! is still really popular, and you have the Young Justice cartoon going on, w. a bleed over in characters...
    The toons are radically different and ostensibly aimed at different age groups, but there’s bleed over there, too.
    DC is going to want associated books to hopefully grab anyone who’s into the toons.