Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would you be interested in a Jonathan Hickman Teen Titans series?

https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-hickman...e-teen-titans/

Currently, Hickman is at Marvel writing and planning out what is the definitive X-Men run in a long time. He's also done the defining modern runs on Fantastic Four and Avengers, leading up to Secret Wars, beforehand. Funnily enough, he's never actually done anything for DC before, and he said when he was younger that he was more of a DC guy than a Marvel one. X-Men was his dream project, and as it turns out he had only had superficial knowledge of the FF/Avengers before writing them (he did his homework, thankfully).

His other dream project? Teen Titans.

So how would you feel if his run on X-Men reaches its natural conclusion, and Hickman then goes to DC to write Teen Titans? What do you think it would be like?

I expect it'll be a big, overarching plot. There will probably be two Titans teams that expand to like 18 members in total, plus affiliates, their allies in the Justice League, other superheroes, civilians, and of course, the villains. Like with the X-Men, it'll be about pushing the brand forward and creating the next big epic.

What do you think?

That's the only think I'm interested in actually. I will not take a Titans relaunch from anybody but him.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It would be a monumental slam dunk for DC.

Until that time, I'll gladly accept a Teen Titans/Titans series that does not suck. Sadly I'm not sure if that has any better odds than a hypothetical Hickman TT project.

God yes. He’s broken the X-Men away from rehashing Claremont, the Titans need someone to do something other than rehash Wolfman/Perez.

BANNED

I would get the omnibus for collectible value and never read it as i will do to x-men or i did to avengers. lol I'm not that interested with super heroes anymore. It seems the little kid in me died with an abortion. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God yes. He’s broken the X-Men away from rehashing Claremont, the Titans need someone to do something other than rehash Wolfman/Perez.
    What this guy said.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yes! He actually likes them and reevaluating this franchise is needed.

No, he should write something like New Gods,Green Lantern, or Aquaman where I think he could take some of those ideas and go with some wild ideas to expand their lore and history. Mainly because he’s very good at crazy ancient history and large sci-fi ideas.

I’d put Al Ewing on it, he’s very good at exploring character history and using continuity to its fullest and coming up with great ideas based off that history.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Only if he doesn't rehash old storylines and retools every character that needs it.

The biggest problems I've seen with 'rehashing' has been from major plot points being retconned out of existence and then needing to be reinstated to make the characters 'right' again, only to pale in comparison with the original.

The best way, IMO, to stop rehashing stories is to stop ignoring that they already happened and let the characters move on.

Let Judas Contract be.
    Let Deathstroke have his history of hating the Titans.
    Let Terra be. She was a psychotic traitor that used Slade as well as the Titans. Accept it and move on.
    Let Changeling/Beast Boy mourn for her and learn from the experience. And let him move on.
    Let Kole be Terra's opposite. A true hero that died a heroic death.
    Let Jericho miss her but move on.
    Let Raven have her hero's journey through becoming her demonic self and then through the redemption, 'white costume' phase. And let her move on. Raven has the greatest potential to have character growth rivaling Storm of the X-Men, if they would just accept what's come before and take her to the next logical step.
    Let Nightwing have his history as Robin and as leader. And his reasons for becoming Nightwing.
    Let Cyborg already have his phase of 'tormented monster than comes to accepting his life as a blessing not a curse'. Cyborg is basically the Titans' Ben Grimm. He's accepted his lot in life and he's turned lemons into lemonade, but an offer to be human again would still cause him to pause and weigh the pros and cons.
    Let Donna move on from finding her family, as she long ago realized that the Titans are her real family.
    Let Starfire grow, too. Maybe make her leader for a while. She's ripe for a new phase in life, but she needs to keep her history for it to have weight.

Matter of fact, I would split the Wolfman team up into pairs and put them all in their own teams.
    Nightwing and Donna would stay in Titans.
    Cyborg and Beast Boy would be in an Excalibur type team.
    Raven and Jericho would be in an X-Factor type team.
    Starfire and Pantha would be in an X-Force type team.

Throw in one or two more older Titans members like Bumblebee and Roy in each team and round them off with one or two new characters in each team.
    Maybe even absorb some other unused teams into the Titans. The Detroit JLAers, the younger members of Outsiders (Looker, Halo, Windfall Geo-Force, Katana), any Infinitors that DC may want to revamp, the Arcudi Doom Patrol kids, Dr. Light (Kimyo) to connect to their history with the original Dr. Light, Primal Force, the Atom-era Teen Titans, etc.

The main thing, though, that would hinder something like this happening would be someone in power at DC feeling that the Justice League, and not the Titans, would be more deserving of the treatment.
    Which is why only the core group of characters at DC get the required attention to thrive.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

It's not like Titans fans are in a position to refuse him if he came on board. It would easily be the best run since Perez left.

I'd love for Hickman to come to DC to write Titans, Superman, Legion and whoever he wants really.

By virtue of bringing something new to the table, I would say yes.

Yeah I'm down, it's not like they're doing anything interesting with them anyways. BRING ON THE CHARTS AND DIAGRAMS!
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I’d be okay w. it.
    Like SiegePerilous02 said it’s not like I have a choice, but really, I just want the book to experience a surge in popularity, which it deserves.
    In this case that popularity would come via a quality writer.

Like who else would you rather have?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)