Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, Firestar actually sounds cool, and it makes some sense with her power
    She doesn't actually directly manipulate fire, at least at the start, instead she manipulated microwave energy which could generate heat. But try using "microwave" in a codename…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

.... Where is Shamrock, currently?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Last I saw minding a pub in Manhattan in Fearless Defenders.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    DC has an Aquaman villain called "Magneto", and another one called "Spider Girl" too lol.
    DC has their own Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom (Batman villains), Sabre-tooth (Flash villain), Carnage (Blackhawks villain), and yes, a Spider Man (Shazam villain).
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-17-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Daken. Not because it sounds dumb or something, but because it is literally a racist slur. Daken is half Japanese character and 'daken' means mongrel in Japanese.
    Calling a bi-racial character mongrel in comics these days is just tasteless and offensive. It should be unacceptible imo

Incredible Member

the one-off '**** king'.

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/6/60/****_King_%28Alex%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Foolkiller_Vol_3_2_0001.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170806224547[/img]

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the one-off '**** king'.

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/6/60/****_King_%28Alex%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Foolkiller_Vol_3_2_0001.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170806224547[/img]
    We have a winner lol

I like all of the codenames, however to me the worst ones are either those people who don't have one or whose codename is just their actual name.
    People such as Baron Zemo or Hellstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I like all of the codenames, however to me the worst ones are either those people who don't have one or whose codename is just their actual name.
    People such as Baron Zemo or Hellstorm.
    In fairness, those names sound so cool that the characters don't really need code names.

Eh. I'm talking about codenames in the sense that it hides their real identity. Sure "The Baron" and "Hellstorm" are decent enough, but then you find out that their real names are almost the same and it takes away the fun a little, at least for me.

Was "Totally Awesome Hulk" actually his name? That was already a dumb title for a book so I'll gladly vote for it being the worst codename too XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Was "Totally Awesome Hulk" actually his name? That was already a dumb title for a book so I'll gladly vote for it being the worst codename too XD
    It was more of a descriptor then anything else.

I'm not a big fan of "Brawn."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She doesn't actually directly manipulate fire, at least at the start, instead she manipulated microwave energy which could generate heat. But try using "microwave" in a codename…
    Weren't her powers identical to Johnny's in that cartoon though? 'Cause in that case it'd be more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    DC has their own Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom (Batman villains), Sabre-tooth (Flash villain), Carnage (Blackhawks villain), and yes, a Spider Man (Shazam villain).
    Guess when you're on this business for over 80 years, some names are bound to repeat lol.

Reminds me that Marvel has a "Hal Jordens" too, he debuted about a decade before DC's Hal Jordan, they even look similar:

Last name is a bit different, but still, wiki says he's a pilot too, what are the chances lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The classic "bad codename" is probably The Whizzer.
    Well because his name is slang for going to the bathroom, I have to agree, but I still like the name. I think it’s only really bad do to our current perspective. It was fine when it was first written because it meant what a speedster would want it to mean.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Also: