Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A-Train vs Spider-Man

TV A-Train vs comicbook Spider-Man

He is a bit of a C level wrestler, I'm sure Spider-Man could take him pretty easily.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

How does this not end in an A-Train blitz? Sure, Spider-man fought Quicksilver and Speed Demon, but this is Rumbles, not some PIS scene in a comic.

BANNED

Maybe the spider sense can tell him when he is going to strike which can enable him to create a web barrier/trap that snares him providing he doesn't see it in time in some other setting but in the arena it's a stomp in A-Train's favour.

Unlike Quicksilver and Speed Demon, A-Train has superhuman strength. This fight will be over almost before it has even started.

Did we ever get hard numbers on how fast A-train can move? Over mach 1, sure, but HOW much over?

He does have hefty super strength to contend with as well, sure.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Oh yeah I remember him pulling the train and ****. Will the webbing be able to hold him even if it does snare him?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Oh yeah I remember him pulling the train and ****. Will the webbing be able to hold him even if it does snare him?
    ........yes? I think?

Mileage may vary here, but the train feat happened immediately post super steroid abuse. It's probably not quite his baseline.

He can probably tear through a single snare, but not if Peter REALLY wraps the dude up with continuous layers
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

TV A-Train's first "appearance."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVP4zUJkcq8

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    TV A-Train's first "appearance."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVP4zUJkcq8
    I can't watch it now, but I'm assuming it's him splattering the woman?

Honestly, I could see Peter accomplishing something similar if he were to wind up and leap full strength. People are preeeettty squishy compared to him.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I can't watch it now, but I'm assuming it's him splattering the woman?

Honestly, I could see Peter accomplishing something similar if he were to wind up and leap full strength. People are preeeettty squishy compared to him.
    You have a vivid imagination. In 57 years of comics, Spider-man has zero feats for splattering people. As for squishiness, he is one of the strongest comic book characters who isn't bulletproof, so I doubt that his normal human tissue is going to make an ideal instrument for splattering people, even if he leaps at full strength.

You have a vivid imagination. In 57 years of comics, Spider-man has zero feats for splattering people. As for squishiness, he is one of the strongest comic book characters who isn't bulletproof, so I doubt that his normal human tissue is going to make an ideal instrument for splattering people, even if he leaps at full strength.
    What an unusual argument. "Hasn't happened" doesn't mean couldn't happen. Superman has been in publication history even longer for example and I don't believe he has ever splattered a regular human by catching them or running through them or some other thing at speed. Do you think Superman can't splatter people? I mean, he hasn't after all.

Spiderman has compartmentalized durability. Other showings against blunt force have him getting his head smashed through thick concrete or metal piping. His bones and tissues can withstand the stress of shoving around train cars and tossing vehicles about. He's punched through the load bearing structures in buildings, collapsing them, and doesn't even skin his knuckles.

Edit: Basically, yes, I do believe a person as durable, strong and fast as Spiderman could smash a regular human to bits by tackling them at full force/speed.

Double edit: Perhaps you could argue said normal person would at least be in a more recognizable state, sure. But smashed up regardless. Like, Peter could absolutely punch a guys head off or stick his arm through a torso reeeaaally easy, so a full speed leap could accomplish at LEAST that level, probably way more.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-11-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What an unusual argument. "Hasn't happened" doesn't mean couldn't happen. Superman has been in publication history even longer for example and I don't believe he has ever splattered a regular human by catching them or running through them or some other thing at speed. Do you think Superman can't splatter people? I mean, he hasn't after all.

Spiderman has compartmentalized durability. Other showings against blunt force have him getting his head smashed through thick concrete or metal piping. His bones and tissues can withstand the stress of shoving around train cars and tossing vehicles about. He's punched through the load bearing structures in buildings, collapsing them, and doesn't even skin his knuckles.

Edit: Basically, yes, I do believe a person as durable, strong and fast as Spiderman could smash a regular human to bits by tackling them at full force/speed.

Double edit: Perhaps you could argue said normal person would at least be in a more recognizable state, sure. But smashed up regardless. Like, Peter could absolutely punch a guys head off or stick his arm through a torso reeeaaally easy, so a full speed leap could accomplish at LEAST that level, probably way more.
    I totally agree that Spider-man could decapitate a normal human with a punch, or punch straight through a normal human's torso. But that is concentrating his strength into a smallish focal point. I just don't think that he has the ability to move so quickly and forcefully that he could vaporize a normal human by colliding with them. He just doesn't have the combined speed and mass to do it. In the same setting, Quicksilver doesn't have that capability either, and his rate of movement is considerably faster.

I totally agree that Spider-man could decapitate a normal human with a punch, or punch straight through a normal human's torso. But that is concentrating his strength into a smallish focal point. I just don't think that he has the ability to move so quickly and forcefully that he could vaporize a normal human by colliding with them. He just doesn't have the combined speed and mass to do it. In the same setting, Quicksilver doesn't have that capability either, and his rate of movement is considerably faster.
    I did try to concede that whatever Peter accomplishes would be in a "more recognizable state" then what A-Train managed, sure. I don't think they would be soup. But they would be chili.

..............this thread is making me hungry. Not proud.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Unlike Quicksilver and Speed Demon, A-Train has superhuman strength. This fight will be over almost before it has even started.
    IIRC, doesn't Quicksilver have extremely low level superhuman strength, especially in his legs?