Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Most consistent: Nightcrawler probably.

Least consistent: Wolverine. I also don't agree with "because he's in too many books" excuse. Spider-Man is in so many books and he is one of the most consistently written characters in all of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Most consistent: Nightcrawler probably.

Least consistent: Wolverine. I also don't agree with "because he's in too many books" excuse. Spider-Man is in so many books and he is one of the most consistently written characters in all of comics.
    I'd argue that's because, and this is just my opinion, that Wolverine is more a complex character to write than Spider-Man. Somebody could basically write Spider-Man as Marty McFly with superpowers and they wouldn't miss a beat. While writing someone like Wolverine would be comparable writing someone with PTSD 24/7. I guess basically what I'm saying is, pure-hearted characters are easier to write... just my opinion tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'd argue that's because, and this is just my opinion, that Wolverine is more a complex character to write than Spider-Man. Somebody could basically write Spider-Man as Marty McFly with superpowers and they wouldn't miss a beat. While writing someone like Wolverine would be comparable writing someone with PTSD 24/7. I guess basically what I'm saying is, pure-hearted characters are easier to write... just my opinion tho.
    I think that has to do more with the fact that writers since the 2000s can't decide what kind of anti-hero he is supposed to be. If he a man whose intentions are mostly in the side of good but is willingn to use less than heroic methods to save people? or is he just violent ridden man that can't control his bloodlust and redirects it to awfull people in order to keep inoccents from harm? (basically Garth Ennis Punisher). He was mostly the former before the turn of the century, bur after House of M, writers sort of go back and forth between the two takes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that has to do more with the fact that writers since the 2000s can't decide what kind of anti-hero he is supposed to be. If he a man whose intentions are mostly in the side of good but is willingn to use less than heroic methods to save people? or is he just violent ridden man that can't control his bloodlust and redirects it to awfull people in order to keep inoccents from harm? (basically Garth Ennis Punisher). He was mostly the former before the turn of the century, bur after House of M, writers sort of go back and forth between the two takes.
    If I were able to give a blue print on how to write Logan from a personality standpoint, I'd say write him like Andy Sipowicz(from NYPD Blue), but without all the racist stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If I were able to give a blue print on how to write Logan from a personality standpoint, I'd say write him like Andy Sipowicz(from NYPD Blue), but without all the racist stuff lol.
    Never watched that show for me he is more like a combination of Harry Callahan and The Man With No Name, personality wise.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Everyone here just casually forgetting Charles for Least consistent
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Inconsistency, holy there are so many. I would say Rachel and Lorna are top of the list for inconsistent portrayal. After that a lot of characters but Magneto, Emma, Jean, Logan, it just keeps going on, you can practically pick anyone other than Bobby.
    From what limited things I have seen in regard to Rachel writers have trouble understanding what motivates her so she tends to get written around the plot a lot with a focus on what roles the character can fill. That is the sort of thing that lends itself to wild shifts in characterization.

Lorna has long been sort of in the same boat. There is also a nostalgia component of her having two core identities in different eras that various writers either identify with or don't. One being her 'queen of mutants' persona being highly political and not overly concerned about general super hero conceptions of ethics in accomplishing her goals. This version is as willing to do what she thinks it takes to win as Emma Frost or her father on a very bad day.

We haven't seen much of that Lorna in recent years... PoX and HoX is about as close as we have come. The Lorna we have seen more of is conflicted love interest Lorna who tends to look, feel and sound a lot like 90s Jean only color swapped. The final versions of Lorna would be the unstable version and we have seen a wide variations on that as well as the mind controlled version.