Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default You get two powers

A genie gives you a choice of any two powers from the list bellow. However once you take the powers, a team of 500 people will formwith the sole goal of hunting you down. They get a picture of you and all the resources of the FBI, (no additional personal though). If you refuse the genie this team will still hunt you regardless. Outside law enforcement won't help you, or them directly. What powers do you pick?

Fire Bending (Avatar)
    The force and a light saber(obi wan levels)
    The ability to see two minutes into the future (Next)
    Teleportation (Jumper)
    Telekinesis (Andrew level Chronicle)
    Wolverines healing factor and bone claws (movie levels)
    Jason Bournes skills
    Captain Americas stats and shield (mcu)
    The Serninity and Wash's skills (Firefly)
    Mark 1 Ironman armpit and Tony Starks engineering skills (MCU)
    Kahn as a body guard (nu trek)
    1 billion dollars in pirate treasure
    A death note

What do you pick???

BANNED

Wolverine's healing factor and bone claws. Makes it hard to kill me, and gives me a last resort weapon in the claws. That's a no brainer.

The second one is trickier. I was going to say the Force and a lightsaber because I can keep my foes at a distance via a force push, and I have an instant death weapon. But putting in the play the one weapon that if taken from can kill me despite my healing factor is kind of dangerous. But I can't really see another one that compliments the first power set as much so I'll take the risk.

Mighty Member

I'll take telekinesis and the ability to see two minutes into the future. It should be no difficulty at all taking out the 500 guys that are hunting me. Then I am easily set for life with my ability to see the future (Las Vegas here I come), and the TK allows for a wide variety of applications including personal forcefield and worldwide flight.

Second choice would be future sight and healing factor/bone claws. Future sight is too useful to skip and the healing factor lets you live basically forever. The 500 hunters are a bit more of an issue because they can coordinate something that completely entraps me more than two minutes before I become aware of it, and the bone claws are not nearly as helpful in getting out of it as the TK.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 08-05-2014 at 10:19 PM.

BANNED

Khan and a Death Note. But Khan won't just be my bodyguard; he'd also be my strategist.

No, I don't only kill everyone in all your Homeland Security agencies, you shall worship me as the God who brought you a New World of LOLI...unfortunately, I shall have to write ">insert biologist here< dies of suicide
    Last edited by The Watcher; 08-06-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Edited Potentially Objectionable Part Out

Spectacular Member

A billion dollars and teleportation. I've done enough traveling to be able to be able to set u any number of comfortable boltholes all over the world and with that much cash I can hire a couple dozen Gurkha mercenaries or whatever to handle the 500 inside of a couple years.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

I'm trying something different... Give me Fire Bending Skills... keep a firewall (literally...lol) going to keep people at a distance as well as have some offense FIREpower (lol)... then give me teleportation... just so I have a stronger defense if people can get around my firewall.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Two minutes into the future plus teleportation - easy-breezy. Nobody is ever hunting you down, and if you decide to let them catch you and then kill 'em all, well, killing dudes who you can predict two full minutes in the future is pretty damn easy.

Future Prediction and Captain America skills. Why? I want to fight them all, so I combine Cap's superhuman-ness, with my own preexisting martial arts training, plus the ability to see a full two minutes into the future, easy victory. Afterwards, I make a living in any underground fighting rings, MMA fights or otherwise I come across and vaguely answer anyone's questions of my abilities with something about training really hard.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    A genie gives you a choice of any two powers from the list bellow. However once you take the powers, a team of 500 people will formwith the sole goal of hunting you down. They get a picture of you and all the resources of the FBI, (no additional personal though). If you refuse the genie this team will still hunt you regardless. Outside law enforcement won't help you, or them directly. What powers do you pick?

Fire Bending (Avatar)
    The force and a light saber(obi wan levels)
    The ability to see two minutes into the future (Next)
    Teleportation (Jumper)
    Telekinesis (Andrew level Chronicle)
    Wolverines healing factor and bone claws (movie levels)
    Jason Bournes skills
    Captain Americas stats and shield (mcu)
    The Serninity and Wash's skills (Firefly)
    Mark 1 Ironman armpit and Tony Starks engineering skills (MCU)
    Kahn as a body guard (nu trek)
    1 billion dollars in pirate treasure
    A death note

What do you pick???
    I pick the Force & Lightsaber + Wolverine powers.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Incredible Member

Choice #1: Fire-bending.

Choice #2: Wolverine's healing factor and bone claws.

I should be cool now.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

In a real world setting 2 minute future reading plus Jumper powers would make you uncatchable indefinitely(as Jumper's can cross Continents instantly).

If I want to make History.and change the World forever than Iron Man armor plus Tony Stark knowledge/skills plus 1 Billion dollars would do it. With the Billion you can buy much better parts/equip/materials than in a cave......wih a bunch of scraps. After becoming a World Hero for defeating a Large Terrorist Cell single handedly becoming President Iron Man is not to far away. Then the fun begins.

Mighty Member

The billion dollars is a sucker pick. You can use several of these other powers to make money hand over fist. Hell, I am certain you could sell either the Serenity or the Mark I Iron Man Armor (I assume it was supposed to be armor and not armpit) for more than a billion dollars, considering the one allows for easy interplanetary travel and the other can be reverse engineered for basically unlimited clean energy.

I'll take Wolverine regen and claws, with Andrew level TK. Tk shield combined with regen.....yeah almost impossible to bring down. Plus the sheer offensive power of TK makes 500 dead people very very quickly.

Incredible Member

With an army hunting you down precog and 'porting are the best powers. Avoid every trap, evade every capture. As long as the 500 doesn't get replenished you can take your time hunting down every member until there are none left.

Fantastic Member

You could win this scenario with varying degrees of difficulty from picking almost any one power. Two really isn't necessary against normal humans who would have little to no experience hunting super-humans. For this to be even a little difficult, the 500 would need have some static power or fictional weapons.

Even something as simple as 500 normal humans with a device that can suppress your powers down to basic level where use taxes you to nigh exhaustion would make this really hard.