Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It would be a lot funnier if you only got Iron Man's armpit.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It would be a lot funnier if you only got Iron Man's armpit.
    I didn't get that part on the OP's part. Why would anyone want Iron Man's armpit? How could that be useful?

EDIT: Never mind, it was probably a typo. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I didn't get that part on the OP's part. Why would anyone want Iron Man's armpit? How could that be useful?

EDIT: Never mind, it was probably a typo. lol
    Clearly Tony Starks arm pit would be a great power to have, you could clone your own army of Starks from the sweat : p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    A genie gives you a choice of any two powers from the list bellow. However once you take the powers, a team of 500 people will formwith the sole goal of hunting you down. They get a picture of you and all the resources of the FBI, (no additional personal though). If you refuse the genie this team will still hunt you regardless. Outside law enforcement won't help you, or them directly. What powers do you pick?

Fire Bending (Avatar)
    The force and a light saber(obi wan levels)
    The ability to see two minutes into the future (Next)
    Teleportation (Jumper)
    Telekinesis (Andrew level Chronicle)
    Wolverines healing factor and bone claws (movie levels)
    Jason Bournes skills
    Captain Americas stats and shield (mcu)
    The Serninity and Wash's skills (Firefly)
    Mark 1 Ironman armpit and Tony Starks engineering skills (MCU)
    Kahn as a body guard (nu trek)
    1 billion dollars in pirate treasure
    A death note

What do you pick???
    Teleportation combined with Precog would make me utterly untouchable. If anything it's those 500 people that should be worried about me, there is no game plan they could ever come up with that would be good enough.

Although the longevity of Wolverine's healing factor is tempting and having Cap's stats in the real world is just plain cool.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    The billion dollars is a sucker pick. You can use several of these other powers to make money hand over fist. Hell, I am certain you could sell either the Serenity or the Mark I Iron Man Armor (I assume it was supposed to be armor and not armpit) for more than a billion dollars, considering the one allows for easy interplanetary travel and the other can be reverse engineered for basically unlimited clean energy.
    But you've got a conspiracy hunting you down, that kind of transaction is gonna paint a huge target on your back, if you want cash the treasure is the best way to go. One in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Incredible Member

With an army hunting you down precog and 'porting are the best powers. Avoid every trap, evade every capture. As long as the 500 doesn't get replenished you can take your time hunting down every member until there are none left.

Force powers give short and long-range Precog on top of the physical boosts, TK, Lightsaber & Skillz, and minor Mind Control. Mixed with the Jumper Teleporting you are Jedi Nightcrawler. Who can beat that?

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

The Next powers might as well have been omniscience considering the **** he pulled off in his movie.
    The I pick Wolverine's power's because immortality.

Incredible Member

teleportation and tony stark engineering skills.

I now get to make phantom images all over the planet and send them on wild goose chases to my hearts content.

teleportation is the no brainer pick in any of these picka power scenarios, especially the unlimited range variety, even if the Jumper version is kind of messy compared to others, telepathy or time control would typically be the others but as they aren't available there's a couple good picks, for starters if you take Jason Bourne's abilities along with teleportation congrats you can disappear in way Jack Reacher dreams about. As several people have pointed out 2 minutes into the future precog combined with porting is nigh invincible

Now let's look at a different route, two minute precog plus Stark's engineering. All of Stark's no how with pretty much all the experimentation part of his work gone and the time spent doing it slashed since you instantly know if the next step is going to work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    But you've got a conspiracy hunting you down, that kind of transaction is gonna paint a huge target on your back, if you want cash the treasure is the best way to go. One in the hand is better than two in the bush.
    If you want cash jumping is actually the best way to go since every jumper we saw was essentially as rich as they wanted to be. You can't exactly dump a pile of pirates gold on a Walmart counter.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Also you could pull off being a modern day Superman with Captain America's plus Andrew TK powers or an Immortal one with Wolverines. Or you can become the smartest and the most dangerous man in the world with Tony Stark plus Jason Bourne powers. Or become the ultimate survivor man with Wolverine powers plus Jason Bourne skills. A lot of good options to choose really.

First of all, I always thought Wolverine's healing factor was the shiznit because he survives nearly any injury up to and including a nuclear bomb, is immune to illness and cancer, doesn't tire, and will live to see what we can only imagine the future to be. Having some knives you can take through metal detectors and store in your wrists is pretty neat, too. In this situation, however, Wolverine's powers alone would be far from enough, seeing as how Wolverine has been easily captured in the past. If you get put in a prison, you'll be there for hundreds of years. And if you get beheaded, what are you gonna do? You need another power to avoid confrontation and the possibility of capture.

Nick Cage's precognition in Next is amazing but limited (however, SPOILERS, by the end of the movie he is shown to surpass the two minute limit). With this ability, he was able to run through an infinite number of possible options like a super-computer before opting for the best one. If there's a trap or weapon that can't be avoided or escaped in two minutes, it may be a something that would amass too much collateral damage to be practical.

I think Wolverine powers and the Next powers would get me through the ordeal as well as live a prolonged and nice life afterward. The only problem I foresee is if they kidnap your loved ones and force you into a mission that takes longer than two minutes. Powers for personal protection don't much help family and friends.

Teleportation is cool, but how did Hayden Christensen avoid the danger of teleporting into a leaping tiger or a crashing airplane? Or into a gunfight? Combine this with precognition and that would be keen.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    You can't exactly dump a pile of pirates gold on a Walmart counter.
    You could, and it would be AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    The Next powers might as well have been omniscience considering the **** he pulled off in his movie.
    The I pick Wolverine's power's because immortality.
    Hehe i was just about to say bud!

He could NOT be killed by any normal means. not even a nuke could do him in, as he was able to keep stacking his supposed 2 min to be able to see weeks and weeks ahead. hell the ENTIRE movie was basically just him stacking his power and seeing how every move and possibility he did was going to turn out.

"Hm yea can't go around that corner ill get shot in the head, ok can't do what i have been doing for days and days because this entire city will be nuked, guess ill go all the way back from where i began and do something else.

It was timetravel basically with a automatic "I can never die or make a mistake thats unfavorable to me" aura.

Next powers is a solid pick no matter what thread it's in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Wolverines healing factor and bone claws (movie levels)

1 billion dollars in pirate treasure
    I'll go with this. A billion dollar is probably more than I could ever need, and virtual immortality while I spend it is even better.

I doubt I'd ever use the claws.