Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wolverine and teleporting.

Can you imagine all the gruesome things you could do with that skill set?

Yeah, I'll pick those last two (the billion dollars and the Death Note). I could sell the pirate treasure and use the money to equip myself with weapons of my choosing.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, MCU Captain America is a beast. Way stronger than comics Steve. So his strength/durability would definitely come in handy if you're considering them.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Teleportation and Genius level intellect

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Betty Ross has no powers to make Hulk stronger, but 'You Just Killed Betty' Hulk is far more angry and powerful than the norm. Next-Cage is no different than Hulk in this, or many other people who get a boost when their love is the one in the line of fire rather than themselves.

World War Hulk feats don't count for normal Hulk for several reasons, one of which being 'They killed his wife & child, he's madder than ever'.
    No, World War Hulk feats don't count because they're SMvsFL, or wildly in keeping with the majority of his presentation in the entire run of his media. This has nothing to be said for being "Super Motivated".

If said feats literally encompass the majority of the events shown in a single film, and hence the entirety of his appearance, with the film literally ending with such power level as can be said for Next Cage, this is not SMvsFL.

Using your logic regarding the "Power of Super Motivation", a lot of events in fiction wouldn't count, like the existence of TTGL, or the entire final battle of Asura's Wrath. They were super motivated in these instances also. The "power of super motivation" must make these feats moot.
    Last edited by Twickster; 08-08-2014 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    No, World War Hulk feats don't count because they're SMvsFL, or wildly in keeping with the majority of his presentation in the entire run of his media. This has nothing to be said for being "Super Motivated".

If said feats literally encompass the majority of the events shown in the film itself, with the film literally ending with such power level as can be said for Next Cage, this is not SMvsFL.

Using your logic regarding the "Power of Super Motivation", a lot of events in fiction wouldn't count, like the existence of TTGL, or the entire final battle of Asura's Wrath. They were super motivated in these instances also. The "power of super motivation" must make these feats moot.
    *sigh* Super Motivation is not what Cage is dealing with here, as he foresaw her years beforehand without any apparent cause or motivation, unless you are saying he was retroactively motivated. It's the Power of Love. I'm not saying Super Motivation is not workable, just that it's not involved in the case at hand.

If you are saying it's not the case you are not only ignoring the Betty argument, but also Vegeta vs Bills after Bulma was involved, The ending of G-Gundam aka 'Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken', Wesley from the Princess Bride's recovery for 'To The Pain', and many more examples. While love is a powerful and even super motivation, it has it's own metaphysical something extra when it comes to stories across all of fiction - that cannot be denied. Love even fuels a nuclear explosionish spell for 8-bit Theater's Black Mage, but he burns it up for that so it's not quite the same as the traditional examples.

Still, I'm going to rewatch my Rifftrax'd copy of Next because I recall him saying that his power only worked that way in regards to her both before and after he met her. If not I'll happily admit I was wrong, because Rifftrax always puts me in a good mood.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    No, World War Hulk feats don't count because they're SMvsFL, or wildly in keeping with the majority of his presentation in the entire run of his media.
    Actually, I don't think we put much stock in WWH because he didn't actually do anything other than job out Sentry and possibly Strange (depending on where you place his depowering) that he couldn't do before, and in several instances did worse. Iron Man had his tech sabotaged, Black Bolt was a fake. Otherwise Hulk basically chewed through a bunch of mid-tier dudes that he could have already wrecked. He had blood drawn on him from She-Hulk and Thing. If he had actually displayed a consistent level of power I think it would stand as a valid showing of what ultra-pissed Hulk can do. As is? He suffers from the Superboy Prime factor.

BANNED

Okay, 2 mentions of 'Nothing more than 2 minutes other than her' with the question "Is she The One?" asked before he meets her. I assume he means One and Only True Love sort of thing. There's also backstory about people trying to test and use him as a kid, so I think he'd have been VERY motivated to get away from them just like when he was saving his ass from being shot/prison in the very beginning of the movie. Still the only times he sees beyond 2 minutes are related to Her aka Love.

spoilers:
    In fact it isn't until the actions of the authorities brought her possible death into the equation that his power suddenly went into overdrive enough to foresee the second half (Less than half technically, but close enough) of the movie in a literal dream. Once again, he has no motivation unless you are giving him the power to send motivation back in time to himself in order to trigger these visions.
    end of spoilers

Then after the nuke-plot kicks in he starts explaining his precog, powers he admits he was born with. He explains how the only way he can help the feds via precog is if his life is involved directly to his lady love, and also explains to her that his powers work different when she is involved. The Why is never explained, just the fact that it does work different with her. That isn't her power, but a facet of his. This is proved with how he's able to see news stories far earlier than 2 minutes when they involved her being killed after being captured by the feds, and how the 'search the ship' feat took longer than 2 minutes and ended as soon as she was found. Not only did his precog direct him to meet her long in advance, but it clearly does more when she's involved. If that isn't the Power of Love then what is it?

Now again - This power is still very useful, varied, and hard to trump but it's not stackable or anything like that. In fact it's stressed in the beginning and end that seeing the future changes the outcome, even if that's pretty much shat upon by what is actually shown.

BANNED

I think this simply has no explanation other than simply admitting that the film has plot holes, not unlike almost every other film that deals with this sort of thing.

I would take Wolverine's healing factor and bone claws. So that if The force and lightsaber fail me, I can recover

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I would take Wolverine's healing factor and bone claws. So that if The force and lightsaber fail me, I can recover
    Also handy if you have a mishap with the lightsaber.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

I would choose teleportation and Wolverine's abilities. Assuming I can teleport to anywhere on the planet whenever I please, a team of 500, even backed with the FBI's resources, are never going to get me. Even if they luck out and do so because I'm stupid enough to stay in one place for more than a few hours, Wolverine's abilities should keep me conscious and alive to teleport away. I just stick to small towns and country regions where it would take some time to organize and get there.

However, this is only based on wanting to stay on Earth. If I took the Serenity and Wash's abilities, I'm not seeing how FBI resources would allow them to come after me. I just set up on the Moon and write in big letters: So long, suckers. Even if they eventually get there, they find the hidden sign that says: Moved to Mars.

There is no way in Hell I take Serenity if it doesn't come with Kaylee, not for that reason, well not solely for that reason anyway, but because without her the thing probably falls apart in 5 minutes. Plus the fuel it runs on might not actually exist and I remember how the Out of Gas episode went.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I would choose teleportation and Wolverine's abilities. Assuming I can teleport to anywhere on the planet whenever I please, a team of 500, even backed with the FBI's resources, are never going to get me.
    Those FBI resources don't amount to a whole lot once you realise you can just move out of their jurisdiction.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Those FBI resources don't amount to a whole lot once you realise you can just move out of their jurisdiction.
    Generally, the only places that wouldn't cooperate are ones with agencies of their own that make the FBI look like the Lollipop Guild. Although those also tend to be places where the Pirate Treasure would come in very handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're not the FBI, they just have the resources of the FBI (minus manpower). So I doubt a little thing like "international jurisdiction" is going to bother them.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!