Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I think it was the superman from Superman returns!! He stopped a plane from crashing with his bare hands, he also lifted a island and pushed it into place! He stopped a plane (airforce 1) from crashing in the first superman movie back in the late 70's. But it was a lot more impressive in the Superman returns movie.
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-14-2019 at 06:54 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I think it was the superman from Superman returns!! He stopped a plane from crashing with his bare hands, he also lifted a island and pushed it into place! He stopped a plane (airforce 1) from crashing in the first superman movie back in the late 70's. But it was a lot more impressive in the Superman returns movie.
    The other guys move in planets. Superman returns is nowhere near that level.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I think Cavill slightly edges out the rest, but to be honest, you can make a decent argument for Reeve, Welling or Caville's by listing their feats. It probably just comes down to personal preference to a degree.

Just to list a few of Cavill's;

His Superman had a chance to fight several Kryptonians and held his own, can survive in space without oxygen, pushed through the immense pressures generated by the terra-forming World Engine, fought Doomsday (and won) while massively weakened, took a nuke to the face(!), was resurrected (and the end of BvS suggested he would have done so even without the aid of the Justice League), and pushed some super-magnetic MacGuffins apart.

For gods sake, he even fought Batman! Lol.

That's pretty damn powerful.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think Cavill slightly edges out the rest, but to be honest, you can make a decent argument for Reeve, Welling or Caville's by listing their feats. It probably just comes down to personal preference to a degree.

Just to list a few of Cavill's;

His Superman had a chance to fight several Kryptonians and held his own, can survive in space without oxygen, pushed through the immense pressures generated by the terra-forming World Engine, fought Doomsday (and won) while massively weakened, took a nuke to the face(!), was resurrected (and the end of BvS suggested he would have done so even without the aid of the Justice League), and pushed some super-magnetic MacGuffins apart.

For gods sake, he even fought Batman! Lol.

That's pretty damn powerful.
    He fought the JL and won!

tee hee

Although I still say Welling, Reeve, and Routh are in the top three due to all the planet/landmass-moving feats, there is a small reference to Cavill's Superman moving a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake in Batman v Superman. Since it's only in a newspaper clipping, I don't know if it counts. At one time, Snyder was saying his Superman wouldn't be able to move landmasses, but he also said he wouldn't be flying in space either, and that happened three times between MoS and BvS.

Christopher Reeve's Superman. As DC editor Jack C. Harris explained in Fantastic Films #16 (1981), "Within the icy background of the Fortress [of Solitude] walls, the combatants not only use the familiar Kryptonian powers of heat vision, flight and super strength, but also some odd tricks such as projection phony images of themselves and shooting force rays from their finger tips. None of this is explained in the dialogue and this powers come into play seemingly from nowhere. [Terence Stamp's] Zod levitates a policeman's rifle with his heat vision and uses power beams from his fingers in direct contrast to what has been established in the comics." In Starlog #67 (1983) producer Pierre Spengler referred to audiences criticism that the Phantom Zone villains in Christopher Reeve's Superman II (1980) by Richard Donner and Richard Lester displayed powers (such as levitation beams) which Christopher Reeve's Superman didn't even seem to possess, Spengler reveals, "The Phantom Zone villains had the same powers as [Christopher Reeve's] Superman but they chose to use powers, such as levitation beams, which [Christopher Reeve's] Superman feels he does not need to use." Producer Ilya Salkind explained, "They have unlimited powers. The comic books have touched on that stuff, showing Superman's abilities to be almost unlimited."

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It should also be noted that Welling's Clark did all that he did, including pushing a goddamned planet of evil out of the solar system, BEFORE becoming Superman. He was meant to be early 20s when the show ended, so would theoretically become even more powerful over the next few decades.

Eventually, he was probably even able to grow a smaller Superman that flew out out of his fingers!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

IIRC, Apokalips was being drawn to to Earth by humanity's despair, amplified by Darkseid's corruption. However because Clark became a beacon of hope, he was able to eradicate Darkseid's influence, severely weakening Apokolips in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    It should also be noted that Welling's Clark did all that he did, including pushing a goddamned planet of evil out of the solar system, BEFORE becoming Superman. He was meant to be early 20s when the show ended, so would theoretically become even more powerful over the next few decades.

Eventually, he was probably even able to grow a smaller Superman that flew out out of his fingers!
    I like the way Man of Steel film explains it when Jor-El said that his powers can grow with time and I guess use. That way it implies his powers can be limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    hahaha, I forgot about all those things.. Can we ignore them in this thread? Forget turn back time, Superman 4 and let's start from there.
    Sorry can't do. Ignoring them defies the purpose of this thread.