Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Claremont is the biggest believer in XMen being the model minorityand turning the other cheek until humans come to their senses so hed hate this more militant approach. But hed allow it for the orgies.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Idk. He kept pushing Storm that way for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Feelings on the other captains, mein Freund?
    I’m good with them I suppose. Cyclops makes tons of sense in his role considering his longstanding run as the X-men’s field leader. And Bishop? Sure, why not. Cable’s a kid now so take the other grizzled badass soldier-cop from the future. And Magik? Well, she’s been the ruler of Limbo and has the magic base covered.

As for Gorgon, I guess they needed a villain on the group of Captains, so I get his inclusion. But there are few characters in the Marvel U who can match Logan’s experience in battle; so I find it a bit odd that Gorgon, a man he defeated, would be included over him. My guess is there’s some other role that Logan will play which we have yet to learn. He has certainly been close to Moira in a couple of her past lives...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Check him out in Secret Warriors volume 1 by Hickman. He's portrayed pretty badass in that run. Plus, that's just a solid comic.
    Thanks. I’ll check that run out.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Idk. He kept pushing Storm that way for a bit.
    Storm backpedaled on it and admitted she was a failure as a leader because of her decisions at the time. She has yet to recover from that too.

Funny thing is that I would love to have seen a book with these 4 characters working together more than the ones that are going to be released. I mean, the more I think about it The Captains are one hell of team by themselves. Gorgon may be the weakest link.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Storm backpedaled on it and admitted she was a failure as a leader because of her decisions at the time. She has yet to recover from that too.
    She says she's a failure all the time!! Mutant Massacre somehow became all about HER leadership instead of thr dying Morlocks. She needs to get a grip.

Gorgon's time as a Hydra general makes him the most qualified for the job after Cyclops who's most familiar with managing mutants, on top of him being a tippy top tier MU fighter.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, I’ll have to read this Secret Warriors run, because outside of ‘Enemy of the State’ I haven’t read much else involving Gorgon. All I know is Logan outplayed him in that one, especially when he allowed himself to get captured and had the Sentinels stomp Gorgon’s cult. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Gorgon's time as a Hydra general makes him the most qualified for the job after Cyclops who's most familiar with managing mutants, on top of him being a tippy top tier MU fighter.
    Naw, just based his training and experience with war and engaging powerful, hostile forces as part of a unit and as individual Bishop is the the best suited, if not equally to Cyclops to serve as a Captain.

Mighty Member

I wonder if the Captain's rather strong ties with Non-mutant groups also plays a role.

Cyclops with the Champions, Magik with the Magic Users, Gorgon with the Hand.

Looking forward to seeing Captain Bishop.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quiet Council, The Four Captains, Krakoa.

Game of Thrones meets Dune meets X-Men.

Spice is the key.

BANNED

Magik and Gorgon need to kill Xavier to become worthy of the title Captain. Just saying.

Can't wait to see their bankai.

I think you're all thinking too hard about a connection that isn't there. They were just picked 'cause why not?