Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Great Captains

The mutants in charge of all state related excursions and who assume control in times of Conflict or War.

Captain Commander - Cyclops
    Great Captain - Gorgon
    Great Captain - Bishop
    Great Captain - Magik

I think it goes without saying that these four are soldiers well before they're diplomats. So while the Quiet Council is clearly the Political(and judicial) section of the Government for Krakoa; the Captains, both by description and membership, make up the Military.

Now this may just be an assumption but it feels like each captain may correspond with each section of the Quiet Table. One presumably for each season (Possibly chosen by each season.)

BANNED

There are also four of them, one for each horse...

Cyclops is obviously the Autumn selection.

Gorgon seems obviously the villains’ chosen, but I’m wondering what’s the relationship?

Magik makes sense as “hellfire”, but her placement in the sequence suggests X-Men.

Which leaves a Hellfire Bishop as a baffling choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There are also four of them, one for each horse...
    Bishop / Pestilence
    Magik / War
    Gorgon / Famine
    Cyclops / Death

?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Gorgon seems obviously the villains’ chosen, but I’m wondering what’s the relationship?

Magik makes sense as “hellfire”, but her placement in the sequence suggests X-Men.

I think they represent different operations within the military command rather than the seasonal council positions.
    Cyclops - military and special forces
    Magik - literally magic and paranormal threats
    Gorgon - black ops and clandestine services
    Bishop - internal security and police force
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I figured, if this model is the case, that Bishop would be the Hellfire choice since he's part of the Marauders cast. Granted, having a differing season's captain monitoring their activities could makes for an interesting plot.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Here’s hoping Gorgon has a decent amount of screen time. He’s a good villain and has potential to be a modern classic. I’m surprised the MCU didn’t pick him up for Shang Chi

BANNED

Has Krakoa adopted a mandatory military service policy? I hope not they should try and do better then humans.

If not Im curious who maked up krakoan troops? It dont have to be all XMen which then opens up the possibility for some character to have a civilian life away from the battle field.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Here’s hoping Gorgon has a decent amount of screen time. He’s a good villain and has potential to be a modern classic. I’m surprised the MCU didn’t pick him up for Shang Chi
    Don't think they can. e first appeared in Wolverine stuff and on top of that is a mutant. Fox deal likely leaves him off the table during the expiry date.

I really wish we would have gotten more on the great captains instead of just a tiny paragraph in the entirety of HOX/POX.

Each of them besides Gorgon seems to have a home in Dawn of X. So it will be interesting to see where the four of them pop up first together.

That’s an interesting way of looking at it, RG

Cyclops as DOD, Magik Armed Forces, Gorgon Special Ops, Bishop FBI

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Has Krakoa adopted a mandatory military service policy? I hope not they should try and do better then humans.

If not Im curious who maked up krakoan troops? It dont have to be all XMen which then opens up the possibility for some character to have a civilian life away from the battle field.
    Well they have a population around 100000+ right now and growing (with the pending queue of resurrections). I imagine at this point a lot of people are pretty serious about protecting Krakoa so a lot of X-Men, Acolytes, Brotherhood, are probably all in on defending the country. If you bring just those three groups and their rotating rosters that gives you a lot of firepower to defend Krakoa with. Heck just take Amelia and Exodus from the Acolytes, those two alone would be a force to be reckoned with by themselves.

That’s an interesting way of looking at it, RG

Cyclops as DOD, Magik Armed Forces, Gorgon Special Ops, Bishop FBI
    Yeah, I think at the moment they are going with a traditional military structure and each of the commanders are in charge of a military or security division.
    Although, honestly I am not sure if it makes much sense for Bishop to be on the Marauders unless he is the one running special ops and Gorgon is handling black ops.
    I guess it kind of makes sense for Magik to go on a mission to space as a representative of the military command, there are pretty hardcore threats out there and she needs to protect the mission to Shi'ar space which may be a kind of delegate mission. Perhaps Roberto is being sent to be the Krakoan Ambassador to Shi'ar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well they have a population around 100000+ right now and growing (with the pending queue of resurrections). I imagine at this point a lot of people are pretty serious about protecting Krakoa so a lot of X-Men, Acolytes, Brotherhood, are probably all in on defending the country. If you bring just those three groups and their rotating rosters that gives you a lot of firepower to defend Krakoa with. Heck just take Amelia and Exodus from the Acolytes, those two alone would be a force to be reckoned with by themselves.
    They should just put a control collar on Madrox and make him the whole army. He's not even really a mutant and theres no krakoan law regarding forced labor.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They should just put a control collar on Madrox and make him the whole army. He's not even really a mutant and theres no krakoan law regarding forced labor.
    I am sure they haven't reached the point of enslaving anyone yet.