Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am sure they haven't reached the point of enslaving anyone yet.
    Well Akira Sempai did tease Claremont next x-project at NYCC so it won't be too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Well Akira Sempai did tease Claremont next x-project at NYCC so it won't be too long now.
    Bam dum DUM.

Astonishing Member

Their best leader, detective, sorcerer, and fighter(rember Gorgon beat wolverine to death)

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They'll probably let Claremont write an alternate universe X-Men story where he doesn't have to actually follow any continuity because of course he personally believes that there is no continuity or canon after he personally stopped writing X-Men.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Cyclops is obviously the Autumn selection.

Gorgon seems obviously the villains’ chosen, but I’m wondering what’s the relationship?

Magik makes sense as “hellfire”, but her placement in the sequence suggests X-Men.

Which leaves a Hellfire Bishop as a baffling choice.

Bishop fits into the Hellfire chess hierarchy so well that it's almost too "on the nose". He replaces Harry Leland, I guess.
    DA DUM TSCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Bishop fits into the Hellfire chess hierarchy so well that it's almost too "on the nose". He replaces Harry Leland, I guess.
    DA DUM TSCH!
    Yeah I realized that as I typed it. Hellfire’s black Bishop, durrr. I never liked his inappropro name.

I guess I was hoping Kitty and Emma’s time working with Illyana would’ve been a factor in choosing her to be their Captain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They'll probably let Claremont write an alternate universe X-Men story where he doesn't have to actually follow any continuity because of course he personally believes that there is no continuity or canon after he personally stopped writing X-Men.
    Claremont only opposes stories that outright contradict or overwrite stuff he did rather than add to it. Like when Claremont was working on redeeming Magneto he had to put up with John Byrne (at that point writer of Fantastic Four) undermining his work every chance he got, like in Acts of Vengeance and that X-Factor annual. Byrne did that for spiteful reasons and not out of some great desire to tell a story. He likewise had issues with Planet X as did practically everyone at Marvel. Claremont had issues with Jean Grey resurrecting and so on but he didn't try and kill Jean after she returned.

But Claremont for instance hasn't opposed Emma Frost being redeemed, he hasn't opposed Wolverine's name being James Howlett. And while he hasn't said so, I think he'd be down with Moira X. None of that contradicts his work and so on.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Claremont only opposes stories that outright contradict or overwrite stuff he did rather than add to it. Like when Claremont was working on redeeming Magneto he had to put up with John Byrne (at that point writer of Fantastic Four) undermining his work every chance he got, like in Acts of Vengeance and that X-Factor annual. Byrne did that for spiteful reasons and not out of some great desire to tell a story. He likewise had issues with Planet X as did practically everyone at Marvel. Claremont had issues with Jean Grey resurrecting and so on but he didn't try and kill Jean after she returned.

But Claremont for instance hasn't opposed Emma Frost being redeemed, he hasn't opposed Wolverine's name being James Howlett. And while he hasn't said so, I think he'd be down with Moira X. None of that contradicts his work and so on.
    I know Acts of Vengeance is the WCA fight but which X-Factor annual was that?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ]

Because he's professional and a gentleman. He knows he doesn't own those characters. That doesn't mean he agrees with it.

I hope Gorgon and Magik do a Last Stand together against a horde of Novissimas from the future or something when this country collapses. Gorgon should still win, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    ]

Because he's professional and a gentleman. He knows he doesn't own those characters. That doesn't mean he agrees with it.
    yeah, give some credit to Claremont.

The fanartist in me is getting that itch now.

I want an image of that beauuuuuuutiful --- (throne room is too big a term but I'm gonna use it for now) -- throne room, with all the seated council members including the yet to be announced Red King Kitty, with each season's appointed Captain beside their respective table.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Here’s hoping Gorgon has a decent amount of screen time. He’s a good villain and has potential to be a modern classic. I’m surprised the MCU didn’t pick him up for Shang Chi
    Considering he was ultimately outsmarted and killed by Wolverine, I’m not that impressed with the choice of him as a Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Considering he was ultimately outsmarted and killed by Wolverine, I’m not that impressed with the choice of him as a Captain.
    Feelings on the other captains, mein Freund?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Check him out in Secret Warriors volume 1 by Hickman. He's portrayed pretty badass in that run. Plus, that's just a solid comic.