Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think you're all thinking too hard about a connection that isn't there. They were just picked 'cause why not?
    Nah like AHRNIHAL said the other two definitely need to off Xavier or at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Funny thing is that I would love to have seen a book with these 4 characters working together more than the ones that are going to be released. I mean, the more I think about it The Captains are one hell of team by themselves. Gorgon may be the weakest link.
    He fought and killed Ares' son. He led a successful attack on SHIELD too.

Bishop- War
    Cyclops - Death
    Gorgon - Famine
    Magik- Pestilence

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw, just based his training and experience with war and engaging powerful, hostile forces as part of a unit and as individual Bishop is the the best suited, if not equally to Cyclops to serve as a Captain.
    Bishop is very skillful. Hope Hickman gonna use him for a more leader role

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Bishop would need his own team with at least Sage and Neal on it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I wonder if Xavier had brought in Gorgon as a counter to Moira pulling off **** via Wolverine who seems according to rumour her pawn or something. Then again it may just be Cyclops not wanting him in a position where he could rebel as it could lead to schism 2.

Fantastic Member

I asked this on another thread...

Why is Magik on this list? She doesn't have a long track record of being a leader. If you had to choose a New Mutant, I would imagine it would be Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah I realized that as I typed it. Hellfire’s black Bishop, durrr. I never liked his inappropro name.

I guess I was hoping Kitty and Emma’s time working with Illyana would’ve been a factor in choosing her to be their Captain.
    I also would see Illyana working well with both Kitty and Emma (Emma and Illyana's Bendis dynamics were funny). Also, she would make for a great Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post

Why is Magik on this list? She doesn't have a long track record of being a leader. If you had to choose a New Mutant, I would imagine it would be Dani.
    She's got a demon army and magic expertise. Both might be very valuable in a war situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Bishop would need his own team with at least Sage and Neal on it.
    Yeah, I hope there's a good reason for Bishop being in Marauders instead of X-Force where Sage is, because the new X-Force sounds very much like the X-Treme X-Men / XSE that Claremont wrote in the early 2000s, and thus somewhere Lucas would be right at home in.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I wonder if the Captain's rather strong ties with Non-mutant groups also plays a role.

Cyclops with the Champions, Magik with the Magic Users, Gorgon with the Hand.
    With Champions cancelled and no sign of a new book for them (nothing got announced at NYCC, so it could be that they disband in Incoming, their teaser image promises a titanic divide), Scott's connection to them may be worthless.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-12-2019 at 03:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You guys are like some companies. How do characters get leadership experience without being leaders? The funny thing now that Bishop and Magik are "leaders" in future books they will be used like that all questions about leadership goes away from fans even if they do nothing. Talking about leadership experience in comics is generally pointless thing in most cases when it used by fans. X-men doesn't have a solid rank structure it is not like Surge or Armor have a higher rank than their peers or we don't know who on the X-men is next in line to lead. Let's say the 4 Great Captians are killed who is next in line? The point is leadership in most cases assigned to a character writer is trying to give more spotlight and if the characters are leaders long enough they get leadership traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Considering he was ultimately outsmarted and killed by Wolverine, I’m not that impressed with the choice of him as a Captain.
    Jobbed to Mariko too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Considering he was ultimately outsmarted and killed by Wolverine, I’m not that impressed with the choice of him as a Captain.
    To be fair, that was more out of dumb luck than anything, the story let clear that Logan was biting more that he can chew while fighting him. Not even Sabretooth gave him that much punishment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Dani is the most likely to rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, that was more out of dumb luck than anything, the story let clear that Logan was biting more that he can chew while fighting him. Not even Sabretooth gave him that much punishment.
    Dumb luck? It was all part of his plan. Especially when he allowed himself to get captured and used the Sentinels to curb stomp Gorgon’s entire fanatical ninja death cult. Logan never gets much credit for being a planner, but the guy is quite cunning and even strategic at times. With as much experience as he has, how could he not be?