View Poll Results: What are you most excited about these DC events?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crisis on infinite Earths

26 61.90%
  • Birds of Prey movie

3 7.14%
  • Wonder Woman 84

13 30.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are you most excited about these upcoming DC events?

What of these 3 upcoming big DC events are you most excited about? Why?

Crisis crossover on the CW

Birds of Prey movie

Wonder Woman 84

I want to see Wonder Woman 84 but I have already seen Wonder Woman so while I am very looking forward to it, it doesn't rise to the level of excitement.

Birds of Prey looks like a hot mess. Seems to have the same flaws as Suicide Squad. So again been there, seen that. Until I hear more about it to change my opinion, at this time I will probably skip it.

But I am excited about Crisis because it has never been done before live action and I am not sure it could have been done on TV before, or even in a movie. And so far none of the CW crossovers have let me down.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Crisis and Wonder Woman.

I will probably see BoP&tEoOHQ but I am super ambivalent about it right now. I kinda just want a Harley movie free of the Birds of Prey...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

COIE far and away excites me way more than anything else. Especially the return of Smallville Clark. I want to see WW84 just to see if it really is a hard reboot. BOP doesn't interest me at all.
    Assassinate Putin!

Wonder Woman 84 and Crisis.

Birds of Prey looks like total garbage.
    I can't stand watching or reading Harley Quinn in anything.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Crisis. Mostly ironically, tho - in the interest of full disclosure.

Don't like Harley Quinn and wasn't fussed with Wonder Woman.

Personally, I'm most excited about the return of Brandon Routh to Superman in Crisis crossover. But at the same time I'm fearful the CW will not do him or the character the justice he deserves. Still, I can't wait to see him. Hopefully it's more than just a mini role... I'm not a big CW superhero shows fan, btw, though the crossovers are usually fun. *crosses fingers*

Next is WW84 and the return of Gal Gadot. I'm curious to see what they do next. Don't like the rumor that it's going to sort of reboot the DCEU... I'm also not excited about Chris Pine back as Steve Trevor. Not sure how they are going to explain that without coming off as contrived and cheap since he has such a great death in the first movie.

Last is Birds of Prey. I liked the trailer ok, but I don't like the look of the girls, except Robbie. She looks fine, the others look unrecognizable so far. Also hope all the girls have a good and interesting role in the movie called BIRDS OF PREY, but it looks like it really is mostly about Quinn.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-11-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Crisis because of the big fun concept of all these heroes doing something together to save the universe. Easter eggs and cameos will abound, it will just be fun and probably not make the most sense, but I'm sure they'll deliver an emotional farewell to Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Crisis because of the big fun concept of all these heroes doing something together to save the universe. Easter eggs and cameos will abound, it will just be fun and probably not make the most sense, but I'm sure they'll deliver an emotional farewell to Ollie.
    Yeah, not expecting anything really good, but hopefully really fun..

Crisis, yes. Wonder Woman, sure.

Harley Quinn and her sidekicks? Nope.

Crisis .

No love to BoP...

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

None of them, really.

Which is not to say that I expect any of them to be bad or that I won't enjoy them when they do appear. I just don't do advance enthusiasm so much anymore.

Crisis takes the cake. The Arrowverse, for all its many flaws, is a superior shared universe to the DCEU. Which isn’t saying much. But after BvS, I doubt I’ll ever be particularly exited for anything from that continuity even if I still go see them. Plus crisis really looks like it could really turn out to be something special. I mean the scope and fan service alone.
    Wonder Woman is cool, but I gotta admit the 3rd act of the first one really soured me a little.
    I have a weird hunch that Birds of Prey might actually not suck. Trailers make it look pretty fun. Can’t be worse than Suicide Squad.

I’m curious about Crisis but it seems like a nostalgia-fest more than an actual story. I don’t know the original Comics at all but I don’t think it was just a callback to various eras of different characters. Seeing an image of the 60’s tv Robin actor really killed it for me. They lost me with that. Old school Superman costume wasn’t great either.

I look forward to WW 84 but I’m most looking forward to Birds of Prey. The trailer just nailed it for me! It looks modern and fresh. WW may end up being the better film but I think BoP will really surprise.
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 10-13-2019 at 06:10 PM.