Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay that concept is crazy levels of good. This could work so well especially when you consider the infrastructure they would need to secure, and the fact that very powerful enemies will be seeking to bring major smoke to the X-Men with the **** talking Xavier was doing.
    Bishop and Sage as Battalion and Synergy overseeing multiple small Stormwatch fireteams is ideal.

Problem is the ideal list to pull agents are from NM, X-Force, and Hellions... and there’s already a time traveler and soloist positioned in those roles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd rather see Fixx, Archer and Greystone
    Have any of them even shown up since the end of X-Factor, even in cameo appearances?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Have any of them even shown up since the end of X-Factor, even in cameo appearances?
    oddly enough ... no.

you'd think Fixx would get used at least somewhere but not even once.

She had a cameo during the Secret Wars Inferno mini a few years back

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bishop's team should be all the various dudes introduced the 90s.
    Kylun
    Shatterstar
    Maggott
    Neal Shaara
    Pete Wisdom
    Jesse Bedlam
    That would he awesome! And I'd be keen on seeing Pete Wisdom and Shatterstar and Jesse Bedlam in particular. Maybe Kylun, too.

Although I also wouldn't mind seeing Bishop working with some badass women, like Frenzy or Unuscione or that woman with the 'psychic skinning' energy tentacle blades attack from Age of Apocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd rather see Fixx, Archer and Greystone
    Ooh, yeah, definitely Fixx, and sure for Archer, and, whatever, for Greystone. (Who may be my least favorite of the three, but is still head and shoulders more interesting than 'Malcolm and Randall' with the mutant powers of 'immune to radiation' and 'hella boring.')

BANNED

I love the idea of Bishop having his own team.

Bishop
    Shard
    Fixx
    Archer
    Gateway
    Tempo
    Frenzy
    Random
    Scalphunter
    Shatterstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If the Academy X generation had gone on and been further developed (there were said to be 100+ students, and only a couple dozen were assigned to squads and given names and powers by the writers), I would have loved for Bishop to have his own squad of kids, and be all drill sergeant with them, and them being considered the teen snitches and overly rules-focused wanna be 'mutant cops' of the student body.
    Oooooooo what if you flip that? Like, Xavier wanted to be funny so he put all the anarchist rebels on Bishop’s team and, through much development, they kind of give Lucas a different side to his experiences and what he stands for considering he never really had the type of childhood that he’s giving these kids. Ignoring the pre-existing groups, I’d give him:

-Bling!
    -Surge
    -Kid Omega
    -Hellion
    -Hope Summers (listen.....drama)
    -Oya

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oooooooo what if you flip that? Like, Xavier wanted to be funny so he put all the anarchist rebels on Bishop’s team and, through much development, they kind of give Lucas a different side to his experiences and what he stands for considering he never really had the type of childhood that he’s giving these kids. Ignoring the pre-existing groups, I’d give him:

-Bling!
    -Surge
    -Kid Omega
    -Hellion
    -Hope Summers (listen.....drama)
    -Oya
    That could be a riot, and yet also end up with the kids both dragging Bishop into a more casual 'lightened up' phase, while he also manages to curb the worst of their 'acting out' and forge them into a more effective serious group...

I like that you picked a lot of 'alphas' who are, by nature, not going to play well together (particularly Hellion, Surge and Quire, but also Hope, who would likely find the notion that *she* isn't 'the boss' to be unbearable), and only someone who is 'more alpha than they are' (like Bishop), could they be whipped into working together (even if only uniting to stand up to Bishop, which was his plan all along!). Really, Oya is the only agreeable one in the group, and I could see her getting into it with Hope, who might assume that Oya is automatically going to be 'on her side,' or, worse, defer to her!

Not that I don't *also* love the idea of Bishop working with adult X-folk, like Shard, Shatterstar, Forge, Random, Frenzy, Fixx, etc.

Too much possibility! Why does this guy not have his own book? He's like ten times as interesting as Cable, IMO...

I'd like to know how much power do the Captains really have. In times of conflict, yes they control the battle field. What about when there is no immediate conflict?

Shouldn't the Captains be sizing up potential threats and making preparations/battleplans? I agree with everyone that there should be mutants assigned to the Captains(those who are willing). Having each captain with their own teams and titles might be a better read than some of the current titles being proposed. And each team would do well to have a telepath.

Who are the Captains again?

Scott -Commander Captain
    Bishop
    Gorgon
    Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd like to know how much power do the Captains really have. In times of conflict, yes they control the battle field. What about when there is no immediate conflict?

Shouldn't the Captains be sizing up potential threats and making preparations/battleplans? I agree with everyone that there should be mutants assigned to the Captains(those who are willing). Having each captain with their own teams and titles might be a better read than some of the current titles being proposed. And each team would do well to have a telepath.
    Agreed, there is some fire concepts being dropped in this thread alone for Bishop and the Captains. I really would like to know why the big heads at the table had no vision enough to get Bishop out front in a book of his own. It's kind of sad to see that X-office just can't lean into using fresh leads. They can't help but restore and continue to prop up their same few important mutants. Now that x-villan are brought Into the fold we lose the opportunity for other X-Men to benefit from new writing and stories.

Agreed, there is some fire concepts being dropped in this thread alone for Bishop and the Captains. I really would like to know why the big heads at the table had no vision enough to get Bishop out front in a book of his own. It's kind of sad to see that X-office just can't lean into using fresh leads. They can't help but restore and continue to prop up their same few important mutants. Now that x-villan are brought Into the fold we lose the opportunity for other X-Men to benefit from new writing and stories.
    That is my complaint too, no new fresh leaders on the books but the same leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bishop and Sage as Battalion and Synergy overseeing multiple small Stormwatch fireteams is ideal.

Problem is the ideal list to pull agents are from NM, X-Force, and Hellions... and there’s already a time traveler and soloist positioned in those roles.
    Funny you would bring them 2 up, I loved that series if only because they "got it" on how you write a good black, alpha male type leader of a team. Battalion was a good model for what a Bishop as field leader should look like. I wouldn't mind his team being comprised of what's left of Generation X team. I could see Bishop doing what Cable did for New Mutants.

I wouldn't mind his team being comprised of what's left of Generation X team. I could see Bishop doing what Cable did for New Mutants.
    Eh, but then you'd be pretty much doing a do-over of the X-Force '90 concept, but with new and better personalities. Not saying it's a bad idea, but that conceptually it's ehhh... boring? Because it's been done before.