Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Bishop and his Omega Squad

Given that Bishop is one of the Great Captains, do you guys think its possible that we'll see his Omega Squad come back? These guys were only in a few issues of Uncanny X-Men and we only learned their first names, Randall and Malcolm but they appeared in the backgrounds of the multiple Bishop and Shard miniseries throughout the years. I've always thought that they might have more potential than being fodder in Bishop's past and since they died in the present, it is possible that Cerebro managed to track them down. Or maybe Moira doesn't want them back, since they have future knowledge of a timeline where Nimrods were built and in conflict with mutants (as Bishop was once put into an illusion by Mastermind that showed he and Shard faced them)?

Fantastic Member

Shard died in the future and likely wouldn't be possible she was just a hologram brought to life.

Malcolm and Randall .... could be possible.

It feels like time travelers and alternate universe characters need to be explained. Can they be resurrected? How does it effect everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Malcolm and Randall .... could be possible.
    I think that sinister getting genetics from them is the harder part not cerebro
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Even if they don't bring his original squad back I think that it would be interesting to give him a small squad of mutants that he would personally train and be his lieutenants.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even if they don't bring his original squad back I think that it would be interesting to give him a small squad of mutants that he would personally train and be his lieutenants.
    Like a X-Force 'cept everybody's more of a jerk....I kinda would like to see that
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If the Academy X generation had gone on and been further developed (there were said to be 100+ students, and only a couple dozen were assigned to squads and given names and powers by the writers), I would have loved for Bishop to have his own squad of kids, and be all drill sergeant with them, and them being considered the teen snitches and overly rules-focused wanna be 'mutant cops' of the student body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If the Academy X generation had gone on and been further developed (there were said to be 100+ students, and only a couple dozen were assigned to squads and given names and powers by the writers), I would have loved for Bishop to have his own squad of kids, and be all drill sergeant with them, and them being considered the teen snitches and overly rules-focused wanna be 'mutant cops' of the student body.
    That is actually kind of interesting idea the Captians should have a team of adults and team of students under them. That would be a good use of large roster they have right now

Why are you calling them Omega Squad?

No one on that team was Omega.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is actually kind of interesting idea the Captians should have a team of adults and team of students under them. That would be a good use of large roster they have right now
    This Krakoa place seems exactly the sort of place that could use an 'XSE', and Bishop is exactly the man to build it. (And perhaps even manage extra-national work, such as providing mutant security services to willing customers, and sending XSE teams off Krakoa to rescue or recruit mutants from around the world.)

Not just one 'X-Force,' wandering around, doing whatever, mostly reactively, but *multiple* squads of mutant security professionals, highly trained and equipped with whatever armor / weapons / gear facilitates their mission, following directives from Krakoa in a coordinated way. A nightmare for all those nations who don't have strike teams of super-enforcers of their own...

This Krakoa place seems exactly the sort of place that could use an 'XSE', and Bishop is exactly the man to build it. (And perhaps even manage extra-national work, such as providing mutant security services to willing customers, and sending XSE teams off Krakoa to rescue or recruit mutants from around the world.)

Not just one 'X-Force,' wandering around, doing whatever, mostly reactively, but *multiple* squads of mutant security professionals, highly trained and equipped with whatever armor / weapons / gear facilitates their mission, following directives from Krakoa in a coordinated way. A nightmare for all those nations who don't have strike teams of super-enforcers of their own...
    I think that the mutant rescue part will be one of the missions of the Marauders team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Why are you calling them Omega Squad?

No one on that team was Omega.
    The name of Bishop's squad in the XSE was called Omega Squad, it didn't refer to their power level.

I wonder if they'd call it the XSE, X-Force or X-Treme Sanctions Executive or something else, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder if they'd call it the XSE, X-Force or X-Treme Sanctions Executive or something else, though.
    X-tra Power Squad.

I'd rather see Fixx, Archer and Greystone

Bishop's team should be all the various dudes introduced the 90s.

Kylun
    Shatterstar
    Maggott
    Neal Shaara
    Pete Wisdom
    Jesse Bedlam

Okay that concept is crazy levels of good. This could work so well especially when you consider the infrastructure they would need to secure, and the fact that very powerful enemies will be seeking to bring major smoke to the X-Men with the **** talking Xavier was doing.