Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A-Force (MCU) Enters the Gauntlet

MCU A-Force
    (Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Ancient One, Rescue, Shuri, Ghost, Okoye, Wasp, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Valkyrie, Frigga, Lady Sif, Quake, Jessica Jones, and Black Widow)

OK, so they're not officially called A-Force, but what the hell? I've taken the liberty of adding a few more MCU ladies to the mix. MCU's superpowered ladies are here to conquer a gauntlet that consists of extremely powerful villains. Can they pull it off?

-Rules-
    * While not MCU, some Marvel Movie Gals will be added in future rounds to give A-Force a helping hand.
    * All villains are live-action versions only.
    * At the end of each round, the surviving members of A-Force will be fully healed and their weapons reloaded.
    * TWIST! In your own words, explain why and when you think certain members of A-Force will not survive, and then carry on in your analysis with the understanding that they will not be revived for the remainder of the gauntlet...
    * ...unless they make it to the final round. If A-Force makes it to the final round, everyone is revived and fully healed.
    * MCU Asgard is the battleground.

A-Force Enters the Gauntlet

Round 1: Malekith w/ Aether & Kurse

Round 2: Steppenwolf, General Zod, Ocean Master, Enchantress
    * All villains are DCEU.

Round 3: Apocalypse, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw
    + A-Force gains Composite Storm, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Shadowcat, Mystique, Rogue, and Composite Blink

Round 4: Doomsday (DCEU), Ultron (Final Form) and Ares (DCEU)

Round 5: Dr. Doom (McMahon) w/ Silver Surfer Surfboard
    + A-Force gains Composite Invisible Woman

Round 6: Hela and Fenris

Round 7: King Ghidorah, Rodan, Female MUTO, Male MUTO (MonsterVerse)

Final Round: Thanos (w/ Power Stone, Reality Stone, Space Stone, Soul Stone), Surtur, and Ego the Living Planet
    + A-Force gains Composite Phoenix Jean Grey

EDIT: Added Ghost to the main A-Force roster.
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 10-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Hmmm.....

Consider this a place holder until I have more time. Interesting match ups.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Captain Marvel solos most, the ladies don't really have a chance to help. She smiling no-sells Thanos.

Making it worse foe the enemies here are the fact that the Ancient One can mirror-dimension-dump and casually soul-rip.

And then COMPOSITE Phoenix gets silly. Even if you just mean live-action, you've got the recent massive-super-speed, crazy high end TP version, allowing her to easily solo the last fight before anyone else knows it has started. If you really mean composite, oh damn, this is completely out of hand.

CM solos one, two, four and seven.

Ancient One can honestly solo 1 through 7 with mirror-dimension dumps.

Scarlet Witch might be useful against Surf's Up Doom in 5, and can probably get at least a 10-count against Hela and Fenris by simply holding them up in the air immobile with Thanos-crushing, Vibranium-slicing-heli-sword-wrecking forces.

And in the last fight it's just Jean, Jean, Jean, Jean, Jean.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

In what universe can Captain Marvel solo #7? What is your reasoning?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I don't see her otherwise soloing the Final Round, either. Considering she overpowered a Thanos who wasn't actively tapping into the Gauntlet ... and she's dealing with Surtur on top of it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Or soloing 4 potentially, as Doomsday was stronger than DCEU Clark and Ultron survived Vision, Tony, AND Thor blasting him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Sorry, I started typing, stopped, went back, and forgot to change the beginning. My bad.

Quoting myself:

CM solos one, two, four and seven.

Ancient One can honestly solo 1 through 7 with mirror-dimension dumps.

Scarlet Witch might be useful against Surf's Up Doom in 5, and can probably get at least a 10-count against Hela and Fenris by simply holding them up in the air immobile with Thanos-crushing, Vibranium-slicing-heli-sword-wrecking forces.

And in the last fight it's just Jean, Jean, Jean, Jean, Jean.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ok, but what is your reasoning that CM can solo round 7?
    - big_adventure

Ok, but what is your reasoning that CM can solo round 7?
    I thought that was a pretty easy call, really. She won't even feel things that seem to at least annoy those guys. None of them have remotely the damage output to hurt her, if they could hit her, which they cannot, and the reverse cannot be stated. It might take a few shots on some of them, but she's going to EVENTUALLY leave nothing but paste. I'll remind you, her Endgame level was literally "smiles and doesn't move a millimeter" when a dude who out-strengths Thor and some degree of powered-up Cap at the same time headbutts her. An equivalent headbutt previously KO'd Thor for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I thought that was a pretty easy call, really. She won't even feel things that seem to at least annoy those guys. None of them have remotely the damage output to hurt her, if they could hit her, which they cannot, and the reverse cannot be stated. It might take a few shots on some of them, but she's going to EVENTUALLY leave nothing but paste. I'll remind you, her Endgame level was literally "smiles and doesn't move a millimeter" when a dude who out-strengths Thor and some degree of powered-up Cap at the same time headbutts her. An equivalent headbutt previously KO'd Thor for a bit.
    Some ... pretty liberal interpretations here. To say nothing of how strong Ghidora is, considering Ghidora carried Godzilla into the upper atmosphere quickly/casually, and Godzilla is about 300ish tons shy of 100,000 tons.

Even the Muto were able to pull/knock around a smaller (but still 900,000 ish tons) Godzilla.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

How exactly is she supposed to kill Ghidorah?

Her blasts aren’t nuke + last I saw.

And her physical strength isn’t on par with Godzilla’s (who can throw Ghidorah).

Just to note Ghidorah is 521 feet and weighs in excess of 100,000 tons, and has three beam weapons capable of atomizing humans and a regen factor good enough to regrow limbs in a minute.

So.....how is Carol beating that, and Rodan and the MUTO’s?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

How will she beat them? By ramming through their eye holes faster than they can possibly react. And then doing it again and again, all the while protected from anything at all they can do by her durability that lets her completely no-sell Thanos, fly through his warship destroying it without basically even trying, handle accelerated reentry on a lark, fly casually through a bombardment of shots from Thanos' ship that KO'd and killed anything it hit, etc. Basically, once she mastered her powers, one thing and one thing only hurt her, and that was a shot from Thanos amped by the power stone when he was desperate. And yeah, I think that shot would have bored a hole right through any of the monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Some ... pretty liberal interpretations here. To say nothing of how strong Ghidora is, considering Ghidora carried Godzilla into the upper atmosphere quickly/casually, and Godzilla is about 300ish tons shy of 100,000 tons.

Even the Muto were able to pull/knock around a smaller (but still 900,000 ish tons) Godzilla.
    There is nothing particularly liberal about those interpretations.

No sells Thanos - this is EXACTLY what happens. He headbutts, it doesn't even move her, and she grins at him. He looks understandably shocked.

Thanos KO's Thor briefly with a headbutt - again, this is what happens on screen.

Thanos out-muscles Thor and Cap together, when they are both using their weapons as well - again, this is what happens. He also individually overpowers each of them during the same fight.

For the strength of the monsters, I'm not arguing that they aren't strong, as they definitely are. But none of them has the slightest chance of hitting Carol. Ever. Even if they do, it won't hurt her. She has as long as it takes to use her vastly superior speed to just charge right through their eyes or whatever. To be really clear, I'm not arguing for any kind of compartmentalized durability, but on almost every living thing, the eyes are a weaker point than the rest, and there is no reason at all to think that this doesn't apply to the beasties here. She can also certainly eventually use her bullet-like self and way-the-hell-faster-than-light travel speeds combined with her better-than-giant-monster reaction time to blow holes through them wherever, I'm just assuming that she's smart enough to shoot for crits, as it were.

How will she beat them? By ramming through their eye holes faster than they can possibly react.
    Based on, I presume, flying through the hull of Thanos' ship ? Not seeing it, myself. Ghidora was Nuke+ in terms of durability and she's not hitting that hard.

And then doing it again and again, all the while protected from anything at all they can do by her durability that lets her completely no-sell Thanos,
    Thanos is not as strong as Ghidora, Godzilla, or the MUTO; and when he hit her with the Power Gem Left Hook, it OSKO'd her.

fly through his warship destroying it without basically even trying,
    Not much of a feat when compared to clean and jerking a 100,000 ton Kaiju, and shrugging off Nuke+ levels of damage.

handle accelerated reentry on a lark,
    This is hardly worth bringing up if you're relying on her no-selling Thanos and flying through a space ship. Master Chief can handle "accelerated" reentry.

fly casually through a bombardment of shots from Thanos' ship that KO'd and killed anything it hit, etc.
    A no limits fallacy ? Really ?

Basically, once she mastered her powers, one thing and one thing only hurt her, and that was a shot from Thanos amped by the power stone when he was desperate. And yeah, I think that shot would have bored a hole right through any of the monsters.
    Another no limits fallacy ? C'mon man.

Arx Inosaan

There is nothing particularly liberal about those interpretations.

No sells Thanos - this is EXACTLY what happens. He headbutts, it doesn't even move her, and she grins at him. He looks understandably shocked.

Thanos KO's Thor briefly with a headbutt - again, this is what happens on screen.

Thanos out-muscles Thor and Cap together, when they are both using their weapons as well - again, this is what happens. He also individually overpowers each of them during the same fight.

For the strength of the monsters, I'm not arguing that they aren't strong, as they definitely are. But none of them has the slightest chance of hitting Carol. Ever. Even if they do, it won't hurt her. She has as long as it takes to use her vastly superior speed to just charge right through their eyes or whatever. To be really clear, I'm not arguing for any kind of compartmentalized durability, but on almost every living thing, the eyes are a weaker point than the rest, and there is no reason at all to think that this doesn't apply to the beasties here. She can also certainly eventually use her bullet-like self and way-the-hell-faster-than-light travel speeds combined with her better-than-giant-monster reaction time to blow holes through them wherever, I'm just assuming that she's smart enough to shoot for crits, as it were.
    It's pretty liberal when you're attempting to argue by means of a couple of no limits fallacies, while also overselling feats that aren't as impressive as you're otherwise positing; while downplaying the feats of Ghidora, and the MUTO.

Been around long enough to know that's not how we do things, man.

Arx Inosaan