Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Big, what you are saying feels kinda bonkers. The one thing of real merit is that they would have a tough time hitting her - thats totally fair.

I am fairly certain that Rodan could basically ignore "rain fire" in much the same way CM did based on how volleys of modern missiles did squat to him, and more significantly, he literally woke up in an erupting volcano that was sending out shockwaves capable of disturbing fishing boats kilometers away. Not a scratch from either thing. Ghidorah can one shot KO him with a single burst from a single head. He has three heads. If she gets caught by those 3 bursts, she is dead.

Even if she could inflict damage on Ghidorah (doubtful) he could heal faster then the work she is doing. I say her inflicting damage is doubtful because the dude can ram full speed into the 30k+ ton Rodan, who himself is flying full speed, and take a total of zero damage from it. The force involved in such a collision would be insane. He got shoved but not harmed from Godzilla's atomic breath. Godzilla smashing into him at a full run created city spanning shockwaves and he was fine. He can heal an entire head and neck in minutes. A small wound to an eye, assuming it hurts at all, would be super easy, barely be an inconvenience to heal.

This isn't even factoring in all the other Titans. I think Ghidorah alone is outside of her scope to kill. Best she can hope for is avoiding each other indefinitely.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-19-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

About this "nuke +" thing:

It ignores a ridiculously important factor: being next to something exploding omni-directionally is not the same thing as getting hit by a smaller force concentrated on a really tiny area.

You could stand next to an ounce of TNT exploding standing out in the open and it would hurt, a little. A steel-jacketed 9mm bullet, fired from 10 feet away, would rip straight through you. It's got a minuscule amount of force behind it compared to the explosive, but would do MASSIVELY more damage.

Another example, we've used on the board before: standing ON an exploding planet and being fine is NOT the same thing as getting hit with a punch that would destroy a planet.

And one more thing: the power gem is stated and believed to be, without having it's force focused in any shape or form, capable of busting a planet on contact. Said gem, not focused at all and simply touching the most tanky still-living character in the MCU (Thor) is visibly ripping him to shreds. So yeah, a desperation punch amped by said thing is pretty well beyond anything any of these thing have ever tanked. Remember again, the dude who delivered it is strong enough to KO Thor with a headbutt. Said same headbutt doesn't even move Carol's head. At all. So the fact that Thanos isn't as strong as G or G doesn't matter, since Carol IGNORES Thanos' strength without the gem. Are you arguing that the gem doesn't really add all that much to Thanos, despite the visual proof of the contrary?

On that same vein, nothing either of the big Gs did with their breaths is REMOTELY on the level of that kind of force.

Anyway, I've made my points, you've presented yours. I've been called crazy and abusive of the board's rules. So I'll leave this one.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Hmm, yeah. The big thing here seems to be the difference in "tiers"? Maybe? I mean, as far as presentation goes, these Kaiju are presented as the "titans" of old. Mankind at this point in their history, with all their technology, including nuclear weapons, are described as "pets". I don't know, I feel like the monsters are just far and above anything the live action versions of these characters could really do anything to. I do agree with bigs as far as the speed thing. I mean, no question there. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the concept that any of these folks in the MCU have anything remotely approaching a nuke as far as offensive firepower...which was used to revive Godzilla, for example.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    About this "nuke +" thing:

It ignores a ridiculously important factor: being next to something exploding omni-directionally is not the same thing as getting hit by a smaller force concentrated on a really tiny area.
    So you don't think CM needs damage output feats on that level because she is small? That doesn't track. Do you think she can one shot Independance Day ships or DCEU Doomsday?

Ignore any mention of nukes for a sec. The other durability feats Ghidorah and Rodan possess are still above her shown damage output. Sitting inside an erupting Volcano that was shoving boats around kilometers away with its shockwaves and being fine smashing into each other at top flying speeds for examples. She has never dished out damage on that level - not even with her space ship punching. Those ships are featless and she didnt just punch it once and blow it up.

And one more thing: the power gem is stated and believed to be, without having it's force focused in any shape or form, capable of busting a planet on contact. Said gem, not focused at all and simply touching the most tanky still-living character in the MCU (Thor) is visibly ripping him to shreds. So yeah, a desperation punch amped by said thing is pretty well beyond anything any of these thing have ever tanked. Remember again, the dude who delivered it is strong enough to KO Thor with a headbutt. Said same headbutt doesn't even move Carol's head. At all. So the fact that Thanos isn't as strong as G or G doesn't matter, since Carol IGNORES Thanos' strength without the gem. Are you arguing that the gem doesn't really add all that much to Thanos, despite the visual proof of the contrary?
    Do you feel that Thor, Thanos and CM can all withstand planet busting punishment to some degree? I mean... It blew up a planet without being focused after all. Certainly you brought that point up for a reason. Otherwise, why mention it if you didn't believe it validated they can withstand planet busting?

That slave girl in Guardians held it for like 5 seconds or something. What percentage of planet busting do you think she could endure? Ronan held it longer. Maybe he could survive continent busting force?

Best we can all agree on is that it definitely amped Thanos' punch. To what degree, we dont know for sure. Massively, probably, but still, it gives out what you put into it. The clearest durability feat for CM is that she wasn't bothered by his headbutt and that he is in the "slightly stronger then Thor/Hulk" tier.

On that same vein, nothing either of the big Gs did with their breaths is REMOTELY on the level of that kind of force.
    A single-head burst from Ghidorah one shot KO'd Rodan who is capable of ignoring an erupting Volcano. Ghidorah has 3 heads and has shown he can sustain his beams for a much longer duration then the blast that hit Rodan. If those blasts hit CM (kinda doubtful admittedly) she is dead based on her feats compared to Rodan's. Unless you think a Thanos headbutt has WAY more force then an erupting volcano that was pushing around boats at sea with its shockwaves and not the other way around.

Godzilla's breath has also tossed the 140k ton Ghidorah hundreds of meters backwards with one burst. The kinetic force of that feat alone, without getting into the heat and radiation angle, is WELL beyond a Thanos headbutt. Not that Godzilla is even in this match up.

Anyway, I've made my points, you've presented yours. I've been called crazy and abusive of the board's rules. So I'll leave this one.
    Presenting your fellow posters as bullies instead of acknowledging their points or fighting for your own is not a good look.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-19-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Thread closed momentarily. Lets all take a breather here.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thread has now been reopened. Lets all get along.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So you don't think CM needs damage output feats on that level because she is small? That doesn't track. Do you think she can one shot Independance Day ships or DCEU Doomsday?
    You picked part of my quote here and ignored the rest, which was really important, you know? It was the part where I explained exactly what I meant. I never claimed that she hits with more force than a nuke, but then, she doesn't have to to be able to do significantly more damage than a nuke in a very small area.

And absolutely I think that CM could punch through ID ship forcefields and the like, especially at the velocities she attains almost instantly. Thanos is stronger than Thor, Hulk, et. al. CM is clearly MUCH stronger than Thanos, and durable enough to ignore his hits. Not tank him. Flat out ignore that he hits her with the kind of shot that KO's Thor.

And you are right that Thanos and the Kree ships she smashed through are somewhat featless. Well, to be fair, Ronan's ship IS NOT: it's got some decent feats for resisting total destruction when challenged by Xandar's resources - which, to be fair, are somewhat featless themselves. And Ronan sees what CM can do in her movie, WAY before she's seemingly learned to tap into everything she can be and do, and he turns tail and runs. And it would seem pretty foolish to imagine that Thanos' ship is less impressive than Ronan's, given the "countless" interstellar civilizations that he has facerolled by the time Avengers addresses him, and given that Ronan himself is visibly afraid of the Titan, as are everyone else in the universe who has heard of him.

All she has to do here is line up on one of the beasties and charge it at her stupid mind bending acceleration. She will be a human bullet and will fly right on through. And if she decides to fire off her crazy blast power at the same time, well, inside-out blasts are really nasty things, given that the tissue can't exactly roll with it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Ignore any mention of nukes for a sec. The other durability feats Ghidorah and Rodan possess are still above her shown damage output. Sitting inside an erupting Volcano that was shoving boats around kilometers away with its shockwaves and being fine smashing into each other at top flying speeds for examples. She has never dished out damage on that level - not even with her space ship punching. Those ships are featless and she didnt just punch it once and blow it up.
    Sitting inside a volcano involves resisting heat of several thousand degrees C. It's a lot. It's also nothing particularly impressive compared to reentry at the speeds Carol has done it many, many times. Or the bombardment of ALL of Thanos' ships arms that she no-sells completely, given what those arms were doing.

Sanctuary is massive: hugely larger than all of the beasties put together. It's got a long, long history of flying up to planets and exterminating half of their population and all of their resistance. This includes Xandar, which Thanos' crew wastes before smooshing Asgard's ship, as well as Drax's home and Gamora's. Are you claiming that none of these societies ever tried attacking it? I mean, it wouldn't be all that intimidating if it couldn't take an attack or two.

And Carol's attack was her trivially flying through it and destroying it easily.

Do you feel that Thor, Thanos and CM can all withstand planet busting punishment to some degree? I mean... It blew up a planet without being focused after all. Certainly you brought that point up for a reason. Otherwise, why mention it if you didn't believe it validated they can withstand planet busting?
    They don't have to to be well outside the range of anything the beasties here can dish or take.

That slave girl in Guardians held it for like 5 seconds or something. What percentage of planet busting do you think she could endure? Ronan held it longer. Maybe he could survive continent busting force?
    No, I never said anything like that. But Thanos didn't use it's passive force against Carol. He clearly takes the stone and accesses it's power, as he, a being well stronger than Thor and Hulk, was capable of doing literally nothing at all to Carol. When he does this, it hits her REALLY hard. It's not like it's simply doubling his power. The magnification was clearly vastly beyond that. As for how far beyond, I can't precisely say. Nor can you. And all that did was nothing permanent to Carol. Sure, it knocked her out of the fight for the next short period of time, but that's it. Next scene we see her, she's just fine.

Best we can all agree on is that it definitely amped Thanos' punch. To what degree, we dont know for sure. Massively, probably, but still, it gives out what you put into it. The clearest durability feat for CM is that she wasn't bothered by his headbutt and that he is in the "slightly stronger then Thor/Hulk" tier.
    Yes, and "wasn't bothered" also equals "ignores except for laughter." It's a damn fine feat.

A single-head burst from Ghidorah one shot KO'd Rodan who is capable of ignoring an erupting Volcano. Ghidorah has 3 heads and has shown he can sustain his beams for a much longer duration then the blast that hit Rodan. If those blasts hit CM (kinda doubtful admittedly) she is dead based on her feats compared to Rodan's. Unless you think a Thanos headbutt has WAY more force then an erupting volcano that was pushing around boats at sea with its shockwaves and not the other way around.
    Again, the erupting volcano, like a nuke, was not combining all of it's force onto Rodan. Rodan had to resist the heat, and a tiny fragment of the force of an eruption. That eruption wasn't all that massive either: it didn't fill a quarter of the earth's atmosphere with junk, or launch things tens of miles. It shot a few things out, and made for some nice pretty rolling lava. It's a fine feat, but, as presented above, I think that CM would be just fine ignoring that.

Godzilla's breath has also tossed the 140k ton Ghidorah hundreds of meters backwards with one burst. The kinetic force of that feat alone, without getting into the heat and radiation angle, is WELL beyond a Thanos headbutt. Not that Godzilla is even in this match up.
    And again, Godzilla has no chance of ever hitting CM with his breath, especially given how he telegraphs it.

Presenting your fellow posters as bullies instead of acknowledging their points or fighting for your own is not a good look.
    I actually did acknowledge and respond to all of the points, IIRC. And I definitely did it without being insulting or accusing anyone of ignoring board rules.

You don't have to agree with me. I'm really OK with that. This is a board where we're supposed to have fun debating things. I appreciate the edits you made above.

Anyway, if you have a giant problem with CM doing all of that, what do you think the result is? Your replies above seem to show that you think that they operate on a level orders of magnitude beyond her, so either you are counting on an Ancient One mirror dump or it's a somewhat intentional stomp, because it's REALLY clear that she's way beyond everyone else in the MCU.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan