Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default M-Twins , Hollow and Penance

Whatever happened to them? Did they become Hollow from Loners or were they just figments of Monet's psyche. I always found it so strange how they just disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Whatever happened to them? Did they become Hollow from Loners or were they just figments of Monet's psyche. I always found it so strange how they just disappeared.
    It's called Limbo dude
    GrindrStone(D)

I really wanna know how Monet was able to flip Penance on like a switch..something to do with the cloning process? But wasn’t she cloned for the first time after she was shown to do this? It feels too obvious to just be a flub that’ll be explained away as a tertiary mutation or whatever
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 10-13-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I really wanna know how Monet was able to flip Penance on like a switch..something to do with the cloning process? But wasn’t she cloned for the first time after she was shown to do this? It feels too obvious to just be a flub that’ll be explained away as a tertiary mutation or whatever
    ugh tbh I hope its not complicated.....as if M+Penance=Menance needs anymore difficulty lol Maybe it was an injection Sinister offered? a lil of Hollow's DNA combined with one of M's siblings in a vial that M decided would give her an edge in the battlefield??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ugh tbh I hope its not complicated.....as if M+Penance=Menance needs anymore difficulty lol Maybe it was an injection Sinister offered? a lil of Hollow's DNA combined with one of M's siblings in a vial that M decided would give her an edge in the battlefield??
    oh yes I don’t need any more contrivances please I just wanna know why lol
    sinister playing around w/ DNA is pretty likely. wonder if he’s doing it for others...either way I hope this kinda pushes Monet into a semi-important role going forwards id they’re not putting her in a book anytime soon

oh yes I don’t need any more contrivances please I just wanna know why lol
    sinister playing around w/ DNA is pretty likely. wonder if he’s doing it for others...either way I hope this kinda pushes Monet into a semi-important role going forwards id they’re not putting her in a book anytime soon
    I think shes a part of the X-Men's rotating cast
    So heres hoping for some awesome ass Monet Moments!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Serious fail connecting Penance and the St. Croixs. Penance was perfect as a mutant captive who Emplate was feeding on. M was perfect as just an incredibly smart and nigh indestructible rich girl. I didn't approve of the later reveals. It's perfectly ok for Monet to have two little sisters. It's perfectly ok for Penance to be unrelated. Keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Serious fail connecting Penance and the St. Croixs. Penance was perfect as a mutant captive who Emplate was feeding on. M was perfect as just an incredibly smart and nigh indestructible rich girl. I didn't approve of the later reveals. It's perfectly ok for Monet to have two little sisters. It's perfectly ok for Penance to be unrelated. Keep it simple.
    Yeah this is the one Hickman additive that Im side-eyeing
    GrindrStone(D)

Part of the charm of the St. Croix family is how hopelessly and needlessly convoluted it is.

M having a Penance form works fine for me, paralleling Emma's diamond form. Just having Penance as a part of M's mutation simplifies Penny's existence for me instead of the mutant magic-created trap turned independent body. Maybe M could always become Penance but Emplate just forcefully transformed her into that form semi-permanently.

As for the Twins? I'm not sure what can be done with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Part of the charm of the St. Croix family is how hopelessly and needlessly convoluted it is.

I don't mind M having a Penance form, but the sheer number of her powers is the worst thing about her.

I'd have preferred Penance being a different character too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I don't mind M having a Penance form, but the sheer number of her powers is the worst thing about her.

Maybe hickman will make her have a single mutation that does all that she do.. I mean.. I still say make her a psionic energy transducer.. You could explain all of her powers with that ability and then the penance form is jsut when she taps into negative emotions or was it negative energy for that diamond hard skin.

M is now able to absorb the negative emotions others experience when confronted with her perfection and concomitant justifiably haughty attitude, allowing her to go razor sharp and fully invulnerable as Penance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Maaaybe.. When I was first reading about her cray cray family I loved the twists and reveals But I can definitely see how other writers can be turned off by it or take it too reDONKulous extremes

M having a Penance form works fine for me, paralleling Emma's diamond form.
    Id much rather they had build up M"s telepathy as a parallel to Emma... Calling back to Emma's 1dt rival Astrid Bloom+ Most of the mutants with 'psionic' powers are white for some reason???
    Just having Penance as a part of M's mutation simplifies Penny's existence for me instead of the mutant magic-created trap turned independent body.
    I don't think it Penance was magically created but a totally unrelated mutant girl whose body Emplate conjured up randomly and put M into.

As for the Twins? I'm not sure what can be done with them.
    Ha! Seeee the M-Twins is a perfect example of exactly what you get when things start to get a lil TOO complicated lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

As far as we know she still is.... here's praying it logically remains that way
    M is now able to absorb the negative emotions others experience when confronted with her perfection and concomitant justifiably haughty attitude, allowing her to go razor sharp and fully invulnerable as Penance.
    Soooo she'll probably be Omega level around Jubilee? lol
    GrindrStone(D)

The St.Croix can merge with each other, I was thinking that maybe after the traumatic last merging with Marius Monet was able to tap into her full genetic pool or the genetic material of her siblings. That's how she can now access the Penance form and might even have an M-Plate form.

I would like to see a Teen version of the St.Croix twins, maybe with their fully developed powers and a better explanation about what they can do. They could be in the next young team.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Maybe hickman will make her have a single mutation that does all that she do.. I mean.. I still say make her a psionic energy transducer.. You could explain all of her powers with that ability and then the penance form is jsut when she taps into negative emotions or was it negative energy for that diamond hard skin.
    I don't like psionic explanations to her powers (like this or tactile TK and such). Her mutation is being perfect, that's why she has so many superhuman abilities. Perfect mind, perfect body etc.