Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My memory isn’t being too cooperative right now but I remember an issue in USM where Peter and MJ go on their first date. It turns out to be some demon or something messing with Peter taking the form of MJ. Can’t remember of it was Mephisto or nightmare or what....But Bagley really drew some amazingly dark and twisted images in that issue. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    My memory isn’t being too cooperative right now but I remember an issue in USM where Peter and MJ go on their first date. It turns out to be some demon or something messing with Peter taking the form of MJ. Can’t remember of it was Mephisto or nightmare or what....But Bagley really drew some amazingly dark and twisted images in that issue. Good stuff.
    That's the issue I was talking about! Issue 70 and 71 of USM!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's the issue I was talking about! Issue 70 and 71 of USM!
    Ahhh ok. Thanks. I could have sworn it was a one shot issue. I remember reading that back In the day. Great stuff.

Anything with Hobgoblin II when he was "possessed" by the demon that would become Demogoblin. *shivers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

How about, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #28 (1994), that moment, when Spider-Man arrived on the scene of Carnage's standoff with the police, he snagged two policemen with his symbiote. He gave the ultimatum to Spider-Man, stand down, or those two would become "gut pudding". Spider-Man, looking as down as could get for his impressions behind a mask, told him "You win". Yet, Carnage, because he still loves killing so much, proceeded to close in his symbiote onto the policemen, engulfing completely into them, with savage tendrils mixed in for "snap" and "crack" noises.

Put it simply, Carnage made "gut pudding" out of a couple of New York's finest.

I remember showing it to someone who was interested in Carnage's feats, and even he was horrified at the scene.

And I always wondered, did the symbiote completely absorbed their broken, blood-gut bagged remains, or by my imaginations, did he drop them into a big, bloody puddle, by the time he was next hit by pavement thrown by Spider-Man the next couple panels over?
    Last edited by ngroove; 10-15-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Incredible Member

Issue 299 of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN where Mary Jane comes home to her Peter's apartment ,and see's Peter standing in his black and white outfit in the shadows. Asks him if there's something wrong because his breathing is a little weird. Then "Peter" sports an evil looking grin. And the reader, and Mary-Jane realizes that ain't Peter. Then Venom says to Mary Jane, "Honey, I'm home.." in the last splash page by Todd Macfarlane. Leaving this thirteen year old reader seriously creeped out just before turning off the bedroom light before going to bed.

Another Macfarlane classic, is issue 314 of ASM, during the events of the INFERNO crossover event. Martha Connors, the wife of the Lizard's human side, Dr. Curt Connors, and their son Billy were going to visit Curt at Empire State University. When they all thought Dr. Connors had a handle on his scaly alter-ego. Martha thinks about the experiment to regenerate the arm he lost that made him the Lizard. One rather Fangoria cover worthy panel shows a new limb growing out of the stump of Connors' lost limb. But a very lizard looking one, and Connors screaming in horror at what's happening to him.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 11-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Tangled Web #1-3 with the villain, the Thousand. Making a villain that was a hivemind of spiders mixed with a bully, that eats people and wears them as skinpuppets was just very scary.