Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Or you're just a slob.

Seriously, none of that is distinct or ironic.
    When you see the pricetags on that stuff you'll be shocked. I went into American Rag because I saw Levi's and Dickies in the window display. $300 shirts and $500 pants. That sweater probably cost $1200

Anybody calling someone *hipster* is actually saying more about acting presumptuous than anything else.

Call any wearing a beard or clothing or whatever *hipster*, as in "too damn hip": what does that make you? The Petty Patrol?

Never seen a beard before? Or clothing? If that's so hipster than what must you be wearing? How hip or not would you neededly be?

The same goes for *elitist*: if you can't stand people thinking big on their stuff, or what stuff might not be as known or as commonly, than you irk too easily, it must be.

I can personally like hipsters or elitists as terms much better than such meaningless or bland accusations as nerds or geeks (or jocks).
    People should all strive to become elitist and hipster at least a little.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-16-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    When you see the pricetags on that stuff you'll be shocked. I went into American Rag because I saw Levi's and Dickies in the window display. $300 shirts and $500 pants. That sweater probably cost $1200
    Then you're being duped, son.
    A Levi's 501 costs around $90-140 through their online (international) store, as compairing perfectly to other common quality denim brands, such as even Wrangler or Lois. Dickies stuff usually pans out as cheaper than that. But lasting is what they'd do on you.

Such quality made dependable stuff as Globe or Vans or Converse will actually trump McDonalds and Subway and even Ikea value-for-money-wise.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-16-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Then you're being duped, son.
    A Levi's 501 costs around $90-140 through their online (international) store, as compairing perfectly to other common quality denim brands, such as even Wrangler or Lois. Dickies stuff usually pans out as cheaper than that. But lasting is what they'd do on you.

Such quality made dependable stuff as Globe or Vans or Converse will actually trump McDonalds and Subway and even Ikea value-for-money-wise.
    All that stuff is hand stitched and American made raw denim. I had never heard of such a thing until going into that store, but it really is nearly impossible to get hand made in America raw denim jeans for less than a couple hundred dollars. They even had a denim repair shop in the corner that was pretty cool.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Doesn't shock me. "Slob" doesn't mean cheap. I was a teenager during the decade where we paid extra for jeans with holes in them.

And I wasn't necessarily just talking about the clothes being slovenly.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I find both annoying. Elitists in fandoms tend to spawn annoying movements like #fakegeekgirls and act like cultural gatekeepers out to keep their little kingdoms pure. It ends up being a tight little circle (jerk) of intolerance. The hallmark of these people is having to prove your credentials. So obnoxious.

Hipsters on the other hand treat comics like an amusing novelty, and come across as condescending for deigning to spread the cool around by indulging us statics in our silly little hobby. Douche bags.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Doesn't shock me. "Slob" doesn't mean cheap. I was a teenager during the decade where we paid extra for jeans with holes in them.

And I wasn't necessarily just talking about the clothes being slovenly.
    I like the clothes. I just don't like the beards and stick/poke tattoo sleeves.

But I do have a beard, and stick/poke tattoos

Can't actually afford to dress in Pendleton shirts and raw denim jeans though. Swim trunks and tee shirts usually.