Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

The nature of his powers allows him to adaptively change his appearance but his default setting looks like a light skinned black man to me. He doesnt need to "talk hood" to be percieved as black

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Well it would remind be that this grayish/blue Alien looking mofo was once a black guy. Because unless you wiki searched him you won't know anything about his race/origin.
    I always thought Armando presented as black despite his mutation. He should be on a team btw.

There is AAVE dialect that many East Coast/Southern Black people created and still speak. Shouldn’t be a determining factor in if someone’s really black or not nor should it be distilled down to “talking hood” like it’s something negative. I think Poccy and Genesis need to be drawn with more Afro-centric features and make more mutants where their blackness isn’t short changed for a physical mutation like we sort of even see with the new mutant Fauna.

I’ll never understand why •—[A]—• has that scrunched up, tiny ass nose and thin lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

The nature of his powers allows him to adaptively change his appearance but his default setting looks like a light skinned black man to me. He doesnt need to "talk hood" to be percieved as black
    That pic looks like a black guy, or a native american, or an Indian person, etc. Im no Darwin expert but he seems to be colored grayish at times. Like the story he was introduced in...

Darwin does not need to speak like a black guy in NyC for the reader to no he is black. The same way Rogue and Cannonball dont need to speak like they are from Alamaba or wherever to help me remeber they are from the south. It would help me remember tho since nothing I read about Darwin has anything to do with race and he doesnt look black.

I found out he was black because of the movie casting.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 12-09-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they may have found their groove with Apocalypse by treating him like Magneto. He really hasnt worked as a villian since the early 90s but Im enjoying him as a morally gray character thats been reinvented with a new mission statement. I dont want him to be a hero but the cartoonish villian they kept pushing him as just was not appealing and he needed something new to make him intriguing again
    Agreed. When he was introduced in X-Factor, he wanted to push evolution. He saw beings as Loki as threatening to Earth and felt that humanity needed to evolve. His attacks on X-Factor were originally to test them and make them stronger.

He was not a genocidal maniac and he certainly could have killed X-Factor and probably the other team of X-Men had he wanted to.

In fact if you look at this actions as a whole, they certainly made X-Men and the mutants stronger. His infecting baby Nate with the techno virus lead to him becoming the hero Cable who has helped save or fix the timestream more than once.

His sending the Dark Riders after X-Factor caused Jean to activate her telepathic powers.

Original Angel had little in the way of actual combat usefulness. He turned him into Archangel.

Beast became blue and stronger again to, in part due to Pestilence's touch.

The fact the Xavier was even able to get all mutant DNA cataloged by a mutant Sinister is at least partially because Apocalypse evolved Sinister two hundred years ago.

Apocalypse restored Polaris and Sunfire's X-Genes. The High Evolutionary uses the celestial technology that Sinister and ultimately Apocalypse got from the Celestials, and the Evolutionary restored Magneto's X-Gene.

Few comic book villians has had as much long lasting impact on a large number of established characters as Apocalypse.

And now we are getting into this magic stuff. I hope Apocalypse becomes stronger and eventualy fights Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Few comic book villians has had as much long lasting impact on a large number of established characters as Apocalypse.

And now we are getting into this magic stuff. I hope Apocalypse becomes stronger and eventualy fights Thanos.
    Have they ever fighted? Thanos right now is dead but you know he is an eternal and he is thanos, he will come back eventually

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Have they ever fighted? Thanos right now is dead but you know he is an eternal and he is thanos, he will come back eventually
    Not to my knowledge. That is why a clash between them would be cool.

However Apocalypse must become stronger to challenge Thanos. Through his newfound magical abilities he may be a match, but personally I would take another step and give him a new body that will not fail him. We learned in X-men black that Apocalypse is still trying to find a perfect host.